NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Not sure how accurate this is (it is one of those cheap jersey sites), but I found this for the Boston jersey leak, https://www.elitejerseysboutique.com/boston-celtics-jersey-c-5764/nike-celtics-99-tacko-fall-green-201920-city-edition-nba-jersey-p-389087/

Enes Kanter posted a video with it, design 100% real.

4 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

EJsU92NXYAASS7u?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I figured it would be a red recolor of a past city edition uniform, I LOVE that its red white and piston blue, I just wish the stripe down the middle would have been a darker subtile shade of red.

53 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Not sure how accurate this is (it is one of those cheap jersey sites), but I found this for the Boston jersey leak, https://www.elitejerseysboutique.com/boston-celtics-jersey-c-5764/nike-celtics-99-tacko-fall-green-201920-city-edition-nba-jersey-p-389087/

but the minty color is an illusion

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

54 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Close, color is their regular green, it’s missing the Celtic knot pattern on the trim, and the font is slightly different. But what can you expect from a Chinese knockoff site.

41 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

They couldn’t have just made it a red version of their icon jersey :/

I can't even begin to understand their design staff. Push navy, gray, and black for a decade and now this? How hard is it to bring these back?

800px-Rasheed_Wallace_2.jpg

What a train wreck of an organization.

5 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

I can't even begin to understand their design staff. Push navy, gray, and black for a decade and now this? How hard is it to bring these back?

800px-Rasheed_Wallace_2.jpg

What a train wreck of an organization.

They could easily just make the numbers blue to probably get around that stupid nba "graveyard branding" rule.

2 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

In other Pistons news, one of the beat writers has all but confirmed they'll be doing a teal Hardwood Classic in 2022

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2019/11/18/detroit-pistons-tantalizing-teal-jerseys-could-hit-court-again-2022/4228726002/

I hate that they would make us wait so long for it. They better include a replica teal court.

In looking at the Pistons’ available options, the NBA mandates that they could use teal as a Hardwood Classics jersey, which can be in five-year intervals of a franchise anniversary. The next one is three years away, so fans will have to wait for the 80th anniversary of the Fort Wayne Zollner Pistons’ start in the National Basketball League.

“Our first opportunity would be the 2022-2023 season, because it would be the 80th anniversary of 1941. If we wanted to bring back some variation of the teal as a city edition, the league doesn’t let you do that,” George said. “You can’t bring back portions of a retro uniform; you can only bring it back in its original form as part of Hardwood Classics.

“You have to apply. When it’s an anniversary year, if the league accepts your application, you can pretty much use any uniform from your history that you want to honor.”

I don't get why these "rules" apply for some teams and not others...

We've seen multiple teams wear throwbacks for three years in a row.

And I don't get why the first opportunity would be 2022-23, when the Pistons anniversary is 2021-22 (or some would see it as 2020-21). I mean, he might be horrible at math if he thinks the 80th anniversary of the 1941 season is 2022-23. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Excuse me for being uncultured but as soon as I saw that pistons jersey it looked like the famous red and blue soccer jersey 

Or even just a flipped version of the basketball team’s (2017) jersey...

spacer.png

at this point, :censored: it, I don’t mind it. Go crazy with stripes, halves, and hoops Nike. Just stop shoehorning color schemes that don’t fit teams 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived