NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

9 minutes ago, d11king said:

The Lore series has kind of gotten old already. Really wish the Lakers would do something to recognize Los Angeles as a city, rather than celebrate their own splendor. 

as far as the jersey, doesn’t really look like a lot of creativity to be honest. This is just the post-showtime uniform set with stars on the side. Something I could’ve got in an LA swap meet in 2004. 

but at least it’s LAKER gold 😁😁😁

It's not Laker gold. It's still bright yellow (at least the hat was bright yellow...and the hat has a new recolored Lakers logo that may or may not be included on this uniform). 

It's not just the post-showtime uniform set. Lots of differences. 

I am kind of amazed that Shaq was next in the list of Laker legends, and that somehow this style was a tribute to him. I know he loves the history of the Lakers, but this clearly has more of a retro vibe. 

I too would like the Lakers to embrace a jersey that pays tribute to the city of LA at some point.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the side panels are garish, but I like everything else, including bringing back the wishbone collar.

At least it doesn't say "CITY OF ANGELS CITY" or "LA LA LAND CITY" or something equally dumb.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

EJxiOv6UcAEtekr?format=jpg&name=large

Other link was broken on the page before...so i reposted this..

@Conrad. is that retired LAKER greats and their numbers in the stars of the side panels here??

3weXOJx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Minnesota - The Cities??! NO!! Twin Cities would have been better.

EJxbT-QXYAEINln?format=jpg&name=small

Philadelphia- Gorgeous!!! 

Excellent execution and points for custom font!  Would love to see a full set of these. (Red and the blue that was "leaked" months ago)

shado_logo.gif

4 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

WOW The Sixers have done it again!

Literally their worst one since Nike took over was their gray city uni from last season. I didn't hate it, but it was my least favorite (though I thought it was very solid). Can't complain at all about any of their uniforms or Portland's. Only two teams who have stayed sane since switch to Nike.

Good news for everybody. The Lakers are planning to mostly wearing White and Gold Yellow once the playoffs start.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/11/19/20973132/lakers-uniforms-notes-city-jerseys-purple-gold-white-fans-unhappy-warriors

Also, from the article, I didn't know this: "The only requirement is that teams wear their Icon and Association Edition uniforms 10 times each, their Statement Edition uniforms six times and their City or Classic Edition uniforms three times."

da0Lbhs.png

Just now, Pyromania1983 said:

Literally their worst one since Nike took over was their gray city uni from last season. I didn't hate it, but it was my least favorite. Can't complain at all about any of their uniforms or Portland's. Only two teams who have stayed sane since switch to Nike.

I was bracing for worse after the fake leak from this morning, but this one is really nice. Won't top the first ones since they were literally perfect but still great.

As much as I would like to see the Sixers branch out a bit with the alternates, I'm glad they're staying within their overall brand.

On a related note, Nike and the NBA should really make the the Classic edition rules about what you can and can't do more clear since I see a ton of Sixers fans clamoring for the black AI jerseys as a city edition even though that's not allowed.

1 hour ago, Pyromania1983 said:

Along with the 76ers leak, Lakers new uniform also seems to have leaked! Honestly, it looks like they copied the Sixers.

To the casual fan, it looks like they just brought back the kobe era uniforms.

1 minute ago, JELKK said:

To the casual fan, it looks like they just brought back the kobe era uniforms.

You mean the Shaq-era uniforms too. Which is kind of exactly what they were going for.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Actually speaking of the Sixers...

I found this post odd

The entire team in AI-era jerseys... Is it possible they're pulling a Warriors a la last year?

I don't think so. They were holding their jersey unveiling at the 76ers crossover art collection that just opened. Lots of fan art being posted all throughout Sixers social media. I wish, but likely not (at least this season). @Conrad., did you know that the Warriors were going to do that last season before it happened?

Archived