NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well, their draft position is often high enough to get UNC players, so there’s that. 😝

Seriously, would losing the Timberwolves be all that significant a loss to the NBA (be it through contraction or relocation)?

Funny enough I think this is what they were saying about the Warriors in the late 90s and early 00s. 😝

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Like everything else involving the Bulls, those uniform numbers look like they're going to fall off the edge at any second.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

Peaches and Cream tonight in ATL! Lol...jokes aside, should be a great color complimenting match.

IMO, Milwaukee doesn't even need a white jersey.  Using cream as their main light colored jersey would work great.  Looks really nice with the green and blue.

36 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

2013 and 2014 weren't that long ago, Bulls.  Why lie in the tweet about the logo being on the front?

tumblr_psxlqizuvO1wulfg9o1_1280.png

tumblr_psse2e4GTW1wulfg9o1_1280.png

this was my first thought too ... I guess they mean a regular alt? Still ... all three suck.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

35 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

2013 and 2014 weren't that long ago, Bulls.  Why lie in the tweet about the logo being on the front?

tumblr_psxlqizuvO1wulfg9o1_1280.png

tumblr_psse2e4GTW1wulfg9o1_1280.png

Well I mean, this is the Bulls jersey design, not a one-off generic jersey the league designed for them to wear on Christmas. 

I can't be the only one who thinks the Bulls should have placed the number in between the horns like the Bucks did with their last Statement jerseys.

giannis-antetokounmpo-of-the-milwaukee-b

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

People have to stop lumping ATL with the rest of those generic abbreviations. Clearly ATL is nationally renowned. Also, it's Peachtree, not peachtown. Do we ATLiens like it? Not exactly, but the colors are nice.

I’m sorry, ATL is just as pointless as PHX, ORL, MSP, all of them. The only place they belong is on the score bug

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

29 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I’m sorry, ATL is just as pointless as PHX, ORL, MSP, all of them. The only place they belong is on the score bug

Nah ... ATL, PHX, OKC and PHILA are fine. The CHA, ORL, CLE and MSP are bigger problems. But, with that said ... the BIGGEST problems are the stupid Peachtree, Sactown, H-Town and The Land nicknames. I give a pass to Rip City. I might also give one to Motor City if they're jersey designs weren't so awful.

kimball banner.png

1 hour ago, kimball said:

I can't be the only one who thinks the Bulls should have placed the number in between the horns like the Bucks did with their last Statement jerseys.

giannis-antetokounmpo-of-the-milwaukee-b

I don't love the Bulls placement, but i hate the way the bucks do this. 1 it likely goes against their own brand guidelines, and 2 it's way too cluttered and close. The logo nor the numbers have room to breath. 

35 minutes ago, kimball said:

Nah ... ATL, PHX, OKC and PHILA are fine. The CHA, ORL, CLE and MSP are bigger problems. But, with that said ... the BIGGEST problems are the stupid Peachtree, Sactown, H-Town and The Land nicknames. I give a pass to Rip City. I might also give one to Motor City if they're jersey designs weren't so awful.

H-Town is a super common term in/about Houston. I can't speak for the rest, but people love using "H-Town".

The Suns' city jersey is probably the best in their set right now. If they took out the "Los" and stretched out the "Suns" part of the wordmark, you got the basis of a really good jersey. I'm 50/50 on the shorts, but its a hell of a lot better than their current Icon and Association uniforms.

My first thought on the Cle jersey: imagine that C as the start of the Cream City jersey!  😄

The Cities? As in The Land, The Town? Yeesh.

The Nugs rainbow needs to be on a powder blue jersey!  It'd be a cool throwback reference.  Ain't no rainbows in a black sky.

Yes to the Aliens font!  I love that look.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

6 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

If you're saying it doesn't belong on a jersey, that's fine ... But anybody can say ATL and you automatically know what city they're talking about. Not many people know or call the other cities by abbreviations. It makes much more sense than the rest. 

Archived