NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

Is it just me, or, even though I hate ads, do the mavs lack of ads just bother any of y’all. Like the stick out, their uniforms don’t match any of their opponents and it’s bothering me. That with the Nike logo is making it super left heavy. It makes the right seem especially bare

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

I'm not convinced the Pistons have any understanding of the league design rules after all of the misinformation they passed on to the beat writer in this article and some of the stuff he's been posting in his Twitter feed.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2019/11/20/detroit-pistons-fans-seeing-red-new-jersey/4248519002/

Apparently no one in Detroit has told him the Earned editions are canned this year.

5 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Also, why is Minnesota using "The Cities" instead of "Twin Cities?" Does EVERY team need a "The ____" jersey?

Outstate (rural) Minnesotan's actually refer to the Twin Cities as The Cities. Appropriate usage: "We are leaving in the morning to head to the cities to shop at Mall of America".

1 hour ago, JELKK said:

Apparently no one in Detroit has told him the Earned editions are canned this year.

And, what’s this talk of a 5 year anniversary? 🤷‍♂️

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, eRay said:

For those curious about Charlotte...

I hope it’s better than the Nets grays. Tonight’s game looked like a Turnervision of classic black&white programming. 

https://www.nba.com/hornets/video/graham-highlights-112019 via @hornets

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

23 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Why does it feel like they’re being forced out of this. Maybe I’m wrong and it’s the Jazz’s choice for doing this. But the sunset jerseys and court has been one of the best things to come out of this Nike era. The Jazz keeping it for 3 seasons only makes it better. 

I mean, they have had both their City and Statement jerseys 2 years longer than most of the other teams have. Nike has to be feeling a bit constipated 😂

8 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Lakers City uniform has been unveiled. Designed by Shaq, Triangle offense pattern and retired numbers on the side panels and a Jerry Buss tribute logo on the waistband.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/photogallery/1920-lakers-city-uniform

Heart is in the right place, but that's a Christmas tree of bull :censored:. Simple is better; you've got about 7 elements there. Pick three.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Did the old Sacramento and/or Kansas City Kings ever have a red uniform? I can't recall seeing one with a red base. It's a little weird to me that their City series is based on that identity but they're now clearly stretching it -- really putting the "faux" in fauxback.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

Setting aside Nike's wack design speak, I kind of like the idea of a red and light blue Kings jersey.

Red and light blue is the (excellent) color scheme that everyone wants for alternates but nobody wants full-time, even though 3 or 4 teams would be well-served by adopting it.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

13 hours ago, SCL said:

Outstate (rural) Minnesotan's actually refer to the Twin Cities as The Cities. Appropriate usage: "We are leaving in the morning to head to the cities to shop at Mall of America".

Honest question: Does that really count though? Like, if you weren't in Minnesota would you ever refer to them as "The Cities?" This seems similar to living in the suburbs anywhere and saying "we're going into the city." But that doesn't mean EVERY metro area can claim the nickname "The City."

1 minute ago, VDizzle12 said:

I should hate this.

But for some reason I love it. 

1920-collin-city-uniform.png

Memphis Grizzlies + a chest logo they've never used + side stripes they go back to indiscriminately + shooting poor Colling Sexton in the face with a dirt gun, apparently. 

If the Cavs want to switch from their stupid post-LeBron logo to this Clefeather, by all means, I'm into it. But alternate logos and spare uniform parts from Cleveland and other teams makes this look more like Create a Wrestler uniform design than any cohesive branding.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Memphis Grizzlies + a chest logo they've never used + side stripes they go back to indiscriminately + shooting poor Colling Sexton in the face with a dirt gun, apparently. 

If the Cavs want to switch from their stupid post-LeBron logo to this Clefeather, by all means, I'm into it. But alternate logos and spare uniform parts from Cleveland and other teams makes this look more like Create a Wrestler uniform design than any cohesive branding.

The grizzlies own the rights to Navy uniforms? Lmao what the hell 

2 minutes ago, ror1997 said:

The grizzlies own the rights to Navy uniforms? Lmao what the hell 

Should have been more clear -- Grizzlies numbers.

The Cavs love combining elements of past jerseys into new uniforms (see the various Cavfanatic sets from about a decade ago). Honestly, other than the 90s numbers and the 80s ball-in-hoop V on the waistband, everything else here fits together pretty well. Go with a traditional number font, and this is a fine modern take on their look from the 70s.

Archived