NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The Raptors paying homage to their inaugural NOB styling is pretty cool. Of course, that raises the question why this can be done yet outlined NOBs are verboten 

They hit a home run!! 8/10. Would be perfect with white outline or some purple here or there.

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I understand the "They can't pay tribute to famous rappers and bad neighborhoods from the 90s because things are a lot better now" argument. The "They dont play there" also becomes weird when you compare this to say, the Giants and the Jets. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Hold the phone. They're wearing these 28 :censored:ING TIMES. TWENTY. EIGHT. 35% of their games, and damn near every game in January and March, will have the team wearing a uniform with something that NOBODY outside of Brooklyn has even the slightest clue what it means. Jesus H. Christ.

It's like the Bulls wearing "CHATHAM" for a third of the year because that's where Chance hails from. Look, there's just far too many uniforms, and especially too many one-season uniforms, and the anti-system system where everything and nothing is an alternate leads to far more misses than hits. Nike needs to dial it the hell down.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

7 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

It's like the Bulls wearing "CHATHAM" for a third of the year because that's where Chance hails from. Look, there's just far too many uniforms, and especially too many one-season uniforms, and the anti-system system where everything and nothing is an alternate leads to far more misses than hits. Nike needs to dial it the hell down.

There are a lot of people who think the Lakers should wear Crenshaw unis, though. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, CaliforniaGlowin said:

It doesn't matter where they play.  The jersey is for BIGGIE. 

except that they had a biggie-inspired jersey last year that virtually no one complained about because it was a modest nod to the artist AND maintained the core team identity. choosing to do a white version of the uniform is fine, even if it's a re-tread. but they had plenty of other options for a crest that would have made more sense.

sig2024.png

What's the difference between Bed Stuy and The Town on a Jersey? It's a city Jersey. it's not for people outside of it. I wouldn't know what "the town"  meant if it wasn't for Marshawn Lynch. if anything I would think the city Jersey would inquire outsiders to figure out what it means.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

As always, if fans didn't buy them, Nike wouldn't churn them out.  We are an unfortunate minority. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Not sure I understand the "They can't pay tribute to famous rappers and bad neighborhoods from the 90s because things are a lot better now" argument. The "They dont play there" also becomes weird when you compare this to say, the Giants and the Jets. 

it's different than the jets/giants. this isn't a team that moved over a bridge out of state, but stayed representatives of the market. this is a single season uniform that doesn't even have to exist dedicated to one specific musician, so they put the neighborhood (which represents some, but not all, of where we play) where he's from on it. if this makes sense, it's almost too on-the-nose and obscure at the same time.

i guess we could go in circles on this forever, but i'll just boil my argument down to: 1) i don't like it, and 2) i think it kind of strips away what worked from last year's city uniform.

sig2024.png

1 hour ago, Brian E said:

except that they had a biggie-inspired jersey last year that virtually no one complained about because it was a modest nod to the artist AND maintained the core team identity. choosing to do a white version of the uniform is fine, even if it's a re-tread. but they had plenty of other options for a crest that would have made more sense.

Yeah, I would've much preferred the regular wordmark. Or even the old BKLYN logo. Also, the graffiti wordmark works to a point on the gray, but looks completely out of place on this one. 

I think the bigger focus on Biggie this year has to do with the new court, and also the fact they're putting a giant coogi crown on top of their logo on games they wear the city jersey at home. 

I'm disappointed in the wordmark and hope next year's city jersey goes back to normal. I love the coogi trim. 

When Biggie was alive, David Stern was actively running away from hip hop influence into NBA culture.

While I think it's great the NBA has embraced its audience, appropriating a dead rapper and a neighborhood culture that is also dead seems kind of patronizing to me. If people like it, that's great and there's a lot of value in representation. But I can't see the Nets' new jersey as more than pandering now that more aspects of black culture are economically safe.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

how often do i have to say this. THE CLIPPERS SHOULD WEAR CRENSHAW JERSEYS AND THE LAKERS SHOULD WEAR HOLLYWOOD JERSEYS

The Clippers should wear Seattle Supersonics jerseys. And play in Seattle. Nothing would be lost in LA.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Its become noticeable that the entire 'system' of Nike jerseys has reached consciousness in the mainstream outside CCSLC and other uni sites. And the news for Nike is not good. It seems like there's a general trend of tired/annoyed/mocking all the new jerseys. For example, on today's NBA desktop from the Ringer, (1:48 in) there's a good segment making fun of Dallas, Milwaukee and Houston's new jerseys.

9 minutes ago, schlim said:

Its become noticeable that the entire 'system' of Nike jerseys has reached consciousness in the mainstream outside CCSLC and other uni sites. And the news for Nike is not good. It seems like there's a general trend of tired/annoyed/mocking all the new jerseys. For example, on today's NBA desktop from the Ringer, (1:48 in) there's a good segment making fun of Dallas, Milwaukee and Houston's new jerseys.

jason concepcion is a freakin' treasure! also: listen to "binge mode" if you're a star wars fan, it's fantastic.

sig2024.png

Archived