NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

47 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

lol, there's more than 9 teams getting at least 1 new uni next season, because of the City unis. One team won't have ANY new uniforms and another team might not have any new uniforms...haven't confirmed anything on that team.

By my count, there will be at least 75(!!!) new uniform$ next season, with another 4 that I'm not 100% certain about. Seems a bit much, eh? :wow:

Rough estimate of my rating of 60 of them (considering I haven't seen full pics of many of them, but only know bits and pieces of design details):

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

13 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

27 ⭐⭐⭐

10 ⭐⭐

⭐

tenor.gif?itemid=5572756

75 new uniforms!!!??? 

Btw. Super duper thanks to you for this my friend!!! Truly appreciate it. End "thank you rant." Looks like it might be a good year.

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

lol, there's more than 9 teams getting at least 1 new uni next season, because of the City unis. One team won't have ANY new uniforms and another team might not have any new uniforms...haven't confirmed anything on that team.

By my count, there will be at least 75(!!!) new uniform$ next season, with another 4 that I'm not 100% certain about. Seems a bit much, eh? :wow:

Rough estimate of my rating of 60 of them (considering I haven't seen full pics of many of them, but only know bits and pieces of design details):

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

13 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

27 ⭐⭐⭐

10 ⭐⭐

⭐

Even with 30 new City jerseys, how is 75 new jerseys even possible? I suppose that this is the year Statements get replaced, is that why the number is so high? Then, I guess with the 10-16 Earned jerseys, the math adds up, somehow. Completely ridiculous.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 6/19/2019 at 9:39 PM, panthers_2012 said:

But at least navy has been a part of the color scheme since the 80s. As I've stated, I'm okay with the black, but I hate that it's more prominent over the navy just because they won the championship in the black jerseys.

Wasn't navy first introduced in 2003?

3 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Even with 30 new City jerseys, how is 75 new jerseys even possible? I suppose that this is the year Statements get replaced, is that why the number is so high? Then, I guess with the 10-16 Earned jerseys, the math adds up, somehow. Completely ridiculous.

30 City, 30 statement, 16 earned? With some fluctuations obviously, but that’s roughly 75, @Conrad. are these 75 including rebrand such as Houston’s new uniforms?

btw, 75 is out of your mind ridiculously and unnecessary, cut it out nike

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

19 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

30 City, 30 statement, 16 earned? With some fluctuations obviously, but that’s roughly 75, @Conrad. are these 75 including rebrand such as Houston’s new uniforms?

btw, 75 is out of your mind ridiculously and unnecessary, cut it out nike

I believe Conrad already said there would only be 14 New Statement Uniforms. Also, NBA Rules (for some reason) only allow 10 Teams per season to wear a Throwback.

30 City+

14 Statement+

14 Earned+

10 Classic (maybe)+

Houston’s New Icon & Association+

Golden State’s New Icon and Association=

72 Uniforms. That still leaves 3 more left. So unless a team comes up with a surprise Uniform change, it’s doesn't add up. And since I have an odd number at the end, that means there are less classic Uniforms. It would make sense for there to be 9 Next Season so that it ends up with 2 surprise Icon and Association.

i know you can’t say much @Conrad., but how much of this that is correct can be said, like how many Classic Uniforms are for sure happening next season and if there are any other surprise New Uniforms.

EDIT: Completely forgot that the Thunder were going to flip the Wordmarks on their Icon and Association, so that constitutes as 2. Also the Magic were going to flip the status of their Black and Blue Jerseys, so that adds one more. Problem solved. Also wrote 14 rather than 16 for the Earned Uniforms. That means there will be 8 and not 10 Classic Uniforms. So for the new math...

30 City+

14 Statement+

16 Earned+

8 Classic+

7 Icon/Association=

75 Uniforms. Now to speculate on who is getting New Statement and Classics...

da0Lbhs.png

Just now, joshey said:

I’m really hoping for a Nets white coogie Jersey

I wouldn’t expect it, the Nets stopped wearing the Black one, because apparently, some legal stuff got in the way. So the chances of a White one coming are slim-to-none

da0Lbhs.png

57 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

I believe Conrad already said there would only be 14 New Statement Uniforms. Also, NBA Rules (for some reason) only allow 10 Teams per season to wear a Throwback.

30 City+

14 Statement+

14 Earned+

10 Classic (maybe)+

Houston’s New Icon & Association+

Golden State’s New Icon and Association=

72 Uniforms. That still leaves 3 more left. So unless a team comes up with a surprise Uniform change, it’s doesn't add up. And since I have an odd number at the end, that means there are less classic Uniforms. It would make sense for there to be 9 Next Season so that it ends up with 2 surprise Icon and Association.

i know you can’t say much @Conrad., but how much of this that is correct can be said, like how many Classic Uniforms are for sure happening next season and if there are any other surprise New Uniforms.

EDIT: Completely forgot that the Thunder were going to flip the Wordmarks on their Icon and Association, so that constitutes as 2. Also the Magic were going to make flip the status of their Black and Blue Jerseys, so that adds one more. Problem solved. So for the new math...

30 City+

14 Statement+

14 Earned+

10 Classic+

7 Icon/Association=

75 Uniforms. Now to speculate on who is getting New Statement and Classics...

Completely ridiculous. Four jerseys maximum. At least the NFL locks teams who make mistakes into them for five years, the NBA just tosses out (mostly bad) ideas, and none of them stick, even the good ones (outside of the Miami Vice ones, I guess).

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 minute ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Completely ridiculous. Four jerseys maximum. At least the NFL locks teams who make mistakes into them for five years, the NBA just tosses out (mostly bad) ideas, and none of them stick, even the good ones (outside of the Miami Vice ones, I guess).

Yeah. In a perfect world. It would go Home, Away, Alternate, and Classic. No need for any random buzzwords and marketing gimmicks.

da0Lbhs.png

6 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Yeah. In a perfect world. It would go Home, Away, Alternate, and Classic. No need for any random buzzwords and marketing gimmicks.

However I do like the concept of the Earned Jersey, especially since it’s just a recoloring of one of the jersey designs.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 hours ago, simtek34 said:

I wouldn’t expect it, the Nets stopped wearing the Black one, because apparently, some legal stuff got in the way. So the chances of a White one coming are slim-to-none

Thats just not fully true. Legal stuff is true but compliance didn’t happen. I feel like if anything they wore it more after in defiance. I know we wore them for fact in game 3 vs philly and it’s still featured prominently on netsstore.com. Most popular jersey with fans and players - and Since we made playoffs we get an earned jersey next season (which is usually recolored city).  I’m sure know Conrad knows already. 

Conrad give me a like if Im correct and I should hold out hope. 

GO NETS.

20 hours ago, Conrad. said:

29 (or 28) City + 14 Statement +16 Earned + 2 Rockets + 2 OKC + 2 GSW = 65 (64), so 10 teams will get Classic (one of them, Rockets are already know).

I guess that team which won't have any new uniforms is Heat, because Herro was presented with City jersey and they missed playoffs.

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

29 (or 28) City + 14 Statement +16 Earned + 2 Rockets + 2 OKC + 2 GSW = 65 (64), so 10 teams will get Classic (one of them, Rockets are already know).

I guess that team which won't have any new uniforms is Heat, because Herro was presented with City jersey and they missed playoffs.

They haven't done a blue Vice uni yet!  I'm hoping for that one.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Okay I’ve always been a huge advocate for what Nike’s been doing but at this point it is way too much. Annually changing city edition jerseys are fine. But statement editions too? Many of which are the best sellers and maybe even the jersey “representative” of the team. If Nike does this for years to come we’re gonna have 200+ jerseys in a couple of years. Jerseys aren’t suppose to change this much in my opinion.

i honestly think earned editions should be original designed jerseys (not copied off of statement/city) but have them all be white and gold hence the name. That way they’re easily recognizable as earned editions. Keep these designs every year but a team can only wear them if they made the playoffs. That way Nike doesn’t have to think of 16 new jersey ideas on top of all the city editions. 

Statement editions should never change unless a team decides to redesign their whole set, which should not be happening as often as it does now. 

IMG-7122.gif

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

They haven't done a blue Vice uni yet!  I'm hoping for that one.

Tyler Herro was photographed with a black Vice jersey so I’d like to think they’re keeping that one around

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

15 hours ago, simtek34 said:

I’d take it step forward and grant two classics. I love the hornets aqua set but didn’t like it at home. It feels like Nike does this on purpose. They get your interest and before you know it, the full classic set is finally released in a 3-5 year time frame. If they didn’t have so many other alternates, a home and an away classic set would blend right in with a teams home/away/alternate. That’s five jerseys max per team. 

Im glad I stopped buying and collecting jerseys.  I feel for any fan trying to own each piece the team wore. I don’t even know what the statement jerseys are supposed to mean in relation with CITY. They all seem like random designs to me. EARNED has no different significance design wise than anything else. 

Ive never really looked into it. But is there a team by team jersey breakdown and how many each team has? If your statement is basically the same as your ‘road’ set, there is quite a bit of redundancy 

Archived