NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

12 hours ago, joekono said:

Bottom line is the NBA has screwed with team identities and has just looked for a money grab. I laugh to myself when someone may hate or love a certain jersey and I say to myself "better buy it now or don't worry, it will be gone by next year".You can't turn on a game without looking at the score ticker. It has now been noted as being a joke as many stories now make fun of the league for this. When the Lakers aren't wearing yellow jerseys at home, there's a problem. We've had blue vs. blue match-ups, that's dumb.

This is my biggest issue. It used to be a joke and a bit of hyperbole but now sometimes I am genuinely confused on which team is which. I was watching the Sixers play in Denver. The Nuggets were in blue with red trim. The Sixers were in white. I was dozing off and maybe I wasn't all with it then, but I only learned which team is which when there were close up shots of the players. 

When you can't tell the teams apart by using conventional wisdom, like white at home and color on the road, there is a bit of an identity problem. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White, black, hot pink, aqua. That's four uniforms, so congratulations, Miami, there's your new primary set. You get to wear each of them for 20 games, and whatever inferior red/black unis you want for those other two.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I think the Vice thing is over done, but damn those aren't bad looking.  Should have went with this color way first:

Overall, I'm personally not a fan of the Vice look. I love the bright colors but shoehorning so much black into the look worsens it. But this one accentuates the aqua and makes black just an accent/tertiary color. I like this uniform.

The Heat killed the vice jerseys prematurely ... they should have gone the Jazz route where they kept the SAME City Jersey for the past three years. They used up all and any possible color combo in that same span.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

The Heat killed the vice jerseys prematurely ... they should have gone the Jazz route where they kept the SAME City Jersey for the past three years. They used up all and any possible color combo in that same span.

But Utah (and San Antonio) have also taught us that the supposed rules are fungible, so maybe they'll just start rotating through them from the top again. As much of a nightmare that would be in terms of tracking eras.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

White, black, hot pink, aqua. That's four uniforms, so congratulations, Miami, there's your new primary set. You get to wear each of them for 20 games, and whatever inferior red/black unis you want for those other two.

THIS IS MY DREAM.  I'd be OK with dropping the pink for a red throwback.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I've made this same observation too, and it's one of my biggest critiques of the Nike program. They hit on these really great jerseys that instead of being one-offs should actually replace the main set. Utah is one, Miami is another, and OKC (not the terrorism memorial one) is yet another. While a lot of the City jerseys are garbage, a few of them are good enough to base an identity around. But instead they're doomed to be thrown away. It's stupid.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I'm not sure why that version of the Vice design is the first time this clicked with me.

New Heat warm-ups:

th?id=OIP.G_0ligu9Tz85-bFse7Nt7gHaHa&pid

Why do these remind me of the fountain cups you find at the convenience store?

On 11/16/2019 at 2:24 PM, tscuzzy said:

So I checked each lockervision for each 'classic' game and stumbled upon this gem:

Friday, January 31st vs Dallas:

spacer.png

What's that court? Let's take a closer look:

spacer.png

The Rockets are too cheap to have a throwback court, but willing to have a special Chinese new year court... lol. This court is scheduled for a few home games after Jan 25.  I wonder if this is will be axed after the Morey debacle.

Just checked, Lockervision has been updated and now Jan 31 shows the regular Rockets court. That got axed quickly haha.

4 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

It’s a good one off uniform and definitely one of the better sets that Nike has made but, it would be a horrible idea for the Heat, who’ve been rocking such a clean design to drop it and pick up this trendy pink and blue design. It’s change for changes sake, the current set is one of the best in the league and don’t need to change at all. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived