NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Laker yellow is most noticable compared within the same photo  I don't think it's changed from this year to last year. 

spacer.png

It's the same in MLB with light Navy on field caps and dark Navy. Alone, light Navy looks dark enough. But it's really not close. Our eyes can deceive us. Also, lighting has an odd effect. 

Wahoo went from dark Navy to light Navy, then back to dark Navy. There's even a italicized I light Navy cap out there. That was all.done by choice though. New era never made a color palate change, like Nike did. 

Although, light Navy Wool does appear more like a purple. So when they switched from wool to polyester, the light Navy turned back to being more light Navy. But that was nothing like Nike choosing this other shade of yellow. 

The Raptors are going to wear their throwbacks on January 28th against the Hawks. Why is this important? Vince Carter is on the Hawks. This means he has been in the NBA for so long that he will play against his original team wearing the jersey he originally wore as a throwback. VC never played on the original court design they're going to use though, but still it's pretty crazy to realize. Man, I feel old now.

bSLCtu2.png

spacer.png

Absolutely love this kind of match ups. The home team wearing white, and Jazz wearing purple on the road like they never changed that amazing set. I remember back in the days (around 2001-2002) how much i liked the eastern road trip for the Jazz in those jerseys. Now it's all ruined. Thanks Nike...

Am I the only Jazz fan that only likes the purple mountain jerseys for the nostalgia only? Other than the Finals run the design is ... meh and very, very, very dated. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, MkDon said:

spacer.png

Absolutely love this kind of match ups. The home team wearing white, and Jazz wearing purple on the road like they never changed that amazing set. I remember back in the days (around 2001-2002) how much i liked the eastern road trip for the Jazz in those jerseys. Now it's all ruined. Thanks Nike...

How exactly are you blaming this on Nike? They changed those uniforms 15 years ago. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, mattb6 said:

How exactly are you blaming this on Nike? They changed those uniforms 15 years ago. 

He's blaming Nike for the complete erasure of the traditional home/road jersey system.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I hate that home uniforms aren't white.  The Lakers are the exception, but it makes me do a double take seeing these white uniforms as the road getup.  It makes no sense to me and I don't like it, but I'm a traditionalist with basketball. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

23 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I'm not sure why that version of the Vice design is the first time this clicked with me.

New Heat warm-ups:

th?id=OIP.G_0ligu9Tz85-bFse7Nt7gHaHa&pid

Heat?

Naw. The only team that can wear these is the JAZZ!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, MkDon said:

spacer.png

Nike might have suggested it but the NBA made the decision for it to happen. 

21 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

That's where the design is from.   90's style cups.  There have been stories about the design.

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/internet-freaking-finding-designer-90s-jazz-cup/story?id=32006647 circa 2015

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

40 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Do fans get 3D glasses to look at the court? 

Weird drop shadows, especially on lines that impact the game.

Are those REALLY on the court? I thought it was projected? Wow.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Mavs City colors look awesome!

Shame the uniform design is trash. I don't even mind the ombre effect; it's the logo itself that's so unappealing.

But the colors are nice. They should stick around and be incorporated into the main set.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, kimball said:

Am I the only Jazz fan that only likes the purple mountain jerseys for the nostalgia only? Other than the Finals run the design is ... meh and very, very, very dated. 

I'm the same way. The Jazz are my "second" team, mostly because of those Finals runs. I think they're great, and I love them- for nostalgic reasons. My first reaction would be "hell no!" if someone suggested them as a full time set though. They don't really work outside of the occasional throwback game.

Same for the Raptors' throwbacks actually.

Archived