NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

The Laker yellow is most noticable compared within the same photo  I don't think it's changed from this year to last year. 

spacer.png

It's the same in MLB with light Navy on field caps and dark Navy. Alone, light Navy looks dark enough. But it's really not close. Our eyes can deceive us. Also, lighting has an odd effect. 

Wahoo went from dark Navy to light Navy, then back to dark Navy. There's even a italicized I light Navy cap out there. That was all.done by choice though. New era never made a color palate change, like Nike did. 

Although, light Navy Wool does appear more like a purple. So when they switched from wool to polyester, the light Navy turned back to being more light Navy. But that was nothing like Nike choosing this other shade of yellow. 

The Raptors are going to wear their throwbacks on January 28th against the Hawks. Why is this important? Vince Carter is on the Hawks. This means he has been in the NBA for so long that he will play against his original team wearing the jersey he originally wore as a throwback. VC never played on the original court design they're going to use though, but still it's pretty crazy to realize. Man, I feel old now.

spacer.png

Absolutely love this kind of match ups. The home team wearing white, and Jazz wearing purple on the road like they never changed that amazing set. I remember back in the days (around 2001-2002) how much i liked the eastern road trip for the Jazz in those jerseys. Now it's all ruined. Thanks Nike...

3 hours ago, MkDon said:

spacer.png

Absolutely love this kind of match ups. The home team wearing white, and Jazz wearing purple on the road like they never changed that amazing set. I remember back in the days (around 2001-2002) how much i liked the eastern road trip for the Jazz in those jerseys. Now it's all ruined. Thanks Nike...

How exactly are you blaming this on Nike? They changed those uniforms 15 years ago. 

I hate that home uniforms aren't white.  The Lakers are the exception, but it makes me do a double take seeing these white uniforms as the road getup.  It makes no sense to me and I don't like it, but I'm a traditionalist with basketball. 

6 hours ago, MkDon said:

spacer.png

Nike might have suggested it but the NBA made the decision for it to happen. 

10 hours ago, kimball said:

Am I the only Jazz fan that only likes the purple mountain jerseys for the nostalgia only? Other than the Finals run the design is ... meh and very, very, very dated. 

I'm the same way. The Jazz are my "second" team, mostly because of those Finals runs. I think they're great, and I love them- for nostalgic reasons. My first reaction would be "hell no!" if someone suggested them as a full time set though. They don't really work outside of the occasional throwback game.

Same for the Raptors' throwbacks actually.