NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, andregunts said:

OK I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK ANOUT THE MAVS JERSEY ALONE 

WITH THE MATCHING COURT WE HAVE REACHED A NEW FRONTIER IN NBA DESIGNS. ITS EITHER YOUR WITH IT OR YOUR NOT 

I'M WITH IT IN A SENSE BUT IT'S GOTTA BE A BETTER DESIGN THAN THIS. WHY ARE WE YELLING?

bSLCtu2.png

Does it bother anyone here how the city skyline on the new Mavericks court isn’t a dark court stain? It just looks like grey. I’m loving everything going on with this new court but the skyline would look so much better if it was a darker wood color. That would have really finished off the court nicely

IMG-7122.gif

I could do without the graffiti art. But embracing green is not a bad idea. I’ve always liked their green jerseys from way back when.  Not sure if super bright lime green would work on a full colored jersey. But I’m not so negative on this as much as most of twitter is. 

they’d be battling the twolves with the green. So maybe royal blue and bright green on more of their sets? Their new dark navy does nothing for me. 

10 hours ago, andregunts said:

OK I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK ANOUT THE MAVS JERSEY ALONE 

WITH THE MATCHING COURT WE HAVE REACHED A NEW FRONTIER IN NBA DESIGNS. ITS EITHER YOUR WITH IT OR YOUR NOT 

Mr. Cuban, please, inside voice.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

8 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

The funny is today's nba makes 90s designs look great in comparison. 

The 90s designs at least stuck around for a bit.

Nike is burning through CCSLC-level concept designs year after year. The pace of change is too much.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

41 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

It just can't be sustainable, can it? Sanity will have to return at some point.

You could say the same thing about soccer, but they generally have 2-3 shirts per team. Nike is making up to 5, 3 new, per season.

If there's a market for it, though, this is the new reality. I'm sure Nike would prefer to drop the traditional NBA uniforms altogether in favor of a couple new ones each season. But fans have also spoken; they want the Lakers in gold, the Celtics in green, and at least a nod toward consistency.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Crazy thing is that some of these City jerseys that have stuck around, like Utah, are going to change next year.  I would like to see Utah convince the league and Nike to keep it around and if that is not possible, then create a white version going into the 2020/21 season

So these Celtic city jersey are basicly illegible unless they are directly facing the camera and it's bad when the players are moving from the 5 minutes of game I watched. I don't know if they camera test uniforms but if they dont they really should. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Crazy thing is that some of these City jerseys that have stuck around, like Utah, are going to change next year.  I would like to see Utah convince the league and Nike to keep it around and if that is not possible, then create a white version going into the 2020/21 season

I don't think it's possible to make a white version of that jersey.  But, if Utah wants to keep it forever, then they should be allowed to.

25 minutes ago, M4One said:

I don't think it's possible to make a white version of that jersey.  But, if Utah wants to keep it forever, then they should be allowed to.

I think it would be possible to make a white version... basically imagine a white jersey and white shorts with side panels that feature those yellow/orange/red layers in the exact same manner that the colored ones do.  I think it would actually look pretty good. 

4 hours ago, M4One said:

Agreed. I still like the idea of integrating the Southern Utah gradient into the overall Jazz identity (replacing the gold in otherwise unchanged logos); I’ve even warmed up to the idea of Utah changing their entire color palette to the City set (ideally focusing on Orange and Black), though that would only cement their status as the NBA’s Vancouver Canucks.

EDIT: I dug this up from Twitter of what the Jazz could look like if they were to switch to the City Gradient palette full-time. I'd say that this concept would need some work, they'd look like the NBA's Vancouver Canucks--right down to the 1979-1990s color scheme, and I'd find it a better fit for the Jazz's G-League affiliate...if said affiliate were based in St. George. Still, it's an interesting thought.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, M4One said:

In theory a white one would be white jersey with the “sunset” color in the numbers, NOB, team name and other details. They’d probably need to outline it in black or a dark color to make it legible. 

EDIT: nvm someone else posted same idea.

Archived