NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

The Blazers debuted their new City uniforms tonight and they looked absolutely fantastic in action, especially paired with their 50th anniversary court:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love pretty much everything about these, though I will say the cream color of the uniforms is a bit darker than I expected in comparison to the off-white color on the court. That didn’t really bother me too much though, as the uniforms really are gorgeous overall. I love the retro-inspired striping, the red ripcity wordmark, the block numbers, etc.  After seeing these in action, I really do think they’re the best ripcity uniform they’ve had, even over the original white ripcity uniforms that debuted in 2009. I wouldn’t be upset one bit if these were a permanent alternate, though I know that won’t end up being the case. Also, I was really happy to see the team going with black tights and arm sleeves instead of white which would’ve clashed with the cream color of the uniforms. That was one thing I was a little worried about, but the black accessories provided a nice contrast and prevented that mismatch.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/27/2019 at 1:25 PM, andregunts said:

OK I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK ANOUT THE MAVS JERSEY ALONE 

WITH THE MATCHING COURT WE HAVE REACHED A NEW FRONTIER IN NBA DESIGNS. ITS EITHER YOUR WITH IT OR YOUR NOT 

Stop screaming. 

Jaguars

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Blazers debuted their new City uniforms tonight and they looked absolutely fantastic in action, especially paired with their 50th anniversary court:

I love pretty much everything about these, though I will say the cream color of the uniforms is a bit darker than I expected in comparison to the off-white color on the court. That didn’t really bother me too much though, as the uniforms really are gorgeous overall. I love the retro-inspired striping, the red ripcity wordmark, the block numbers, etc.  After seeing these in action, I really do think they’re the best ripcity uniform they’ve had, even over the original white ripcity uniforms that debuted in 2009. I wouldn’t be upset one bit if these were a permanent alternate, though I know that won’t end up being the case. Also, I was really happy to see the team going with black tights and arm sleeves instead of white which would’ve clashed with the cream color of the uniforms. That was one thing I was a little worried about, but the black accessories provided a nice contrast and prevented that mismatch.

ripcity  script is horrible 

@Conrad., are these warmup jackets and pants that the Raptors and Warriors wore last night with their City uniforms the special Earned Edition warmups?

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

All of the teams have the special City Edition shooting shirts, but the jackets and pants are something we haven’t seen before, so it would make sense that those would be the Earned Edition warmups for last season’s playoff teams.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I am all for the Jazz going full sunset colors. 

Agreed. It's superior to the look they took from New Orleans to Utah and, like the 90s purple mountain set, is better reflective of the Utah region.

Losing the sunset look due to contractual Nike issues -- like the Miami Vice set -- would be such a travesty.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I’ve just noticed how much different courts the cavaliers have been making. The first one was just made in the 17-18 season and carried on to just the 18-19 season where they also introduced the orange and blue ones. And the three other courts have all been made this year. With the gold court replacing the black.
theq8.png 

court-1500.jpg

1924249f-ef08-4f0f-85e2-057e548998ce_360N8BSViW_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fbcdd8822-9d26-41c6-9f9e-a9a0b81a294f_360

IMG-7122.gif

10 hours ago, skip88 said:

ripcity  script is horrible 

The kerning sucks, and has sucked for years. It’s supposed to be two words, not one. I don’t know who made the decision to blend them, eradicate the space, or whatever. It’s frustrating.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

@Conrad., are these warmup jackets and pants that the Raptors and Warriors wore last night with their City uniforms the special Earned Edition warmups?

All of the teams have the special City Edition shooting shirts, but the jackets and pants are something we haven’t seen before, so it would make sense that those would be the Earned Edition warmups for last season’s playoff teams.

Yessir. Good catch 👍

On 11/27/2019 at 6:27 PM, SCalderwood said:

I think it would be possible to make a white version... basically imagine a white jersey and white shorts with side panels that feature those yellow/orange/red layers in the exact same manner that the colored ones do.  I think it would actually look pretty good. 

It could maybe work, but I think it's not quite the same when reducing it to the side panels.  You lose a little of what makes people like that jersey so much in the first place.

12 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I am all for the Jazz going full sunset colors. 

Speaking as a lifelong Jazz fan...

spacer.png

If they go redrock/sunset full-time, then that’s five completely different primary color schemes since 1974, and presumably three entirely different primary colors between the five. They’d go from a team who for their first 30 years was clearly a purple team, to one who insisted on being a navy team for 15 years, then suddenly decide they want to permanently round out the rainbow with reds, golds, and oranges. How does that not sound bad?

Their brand history and insistence on wearing the wrong colors already is a bit frustrating enough, convoluting it further with an entirely different color scheme to add to it is not at all what they should be doing.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived