kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Nets debuted their City editions today, including these nice warmups:

They also added some accents to their court:

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'd love that camo pattern in shades of grey. 

That’s the last thing I’d expect you to say. Almost all of your posts advocate for more colors, especially bright ones.

The Magic are debuting their City jerseys tonight. The court looks nice - hopefully the actual uniforms look as good in action as they do in the promo images.

19 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

That’s the last thing I’d expect you to say. Almost all of your posts advocate for more colors, especially bright ones.

Haha, normally yea but the Nets have a black grey and white theme going, so the colors seem off to me.

21 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The Magic are debuting their City jerseys tonight. The court looks nice - hopefully the actual uniforms look as good in action as they do in the promo images.

They do, although the Raptors countering with red makes an awful matchup. White would’ve been a much better option.

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

They don’t look good in the promo images either

Apart from Boston’s city jerseys being offensively stupid design-wise, the metallic gold on green is almost impossible to read at normal basketball-watching distances. I guess player numbers are an anachronism just to sell jerseys but come on.

the less said about Brooklyn’s /r/hiphopheads tribute jersey the better.

Lakers City set looks a lot better in-person than I expected. The white numbers are pretty nice against the yellow (not really a surprise), and it's nice to see the return of the wishbone as well.

They also gave away free Shaq jerseys to the arena! Or at least the lower bowl. Nice way to launch a jersey.

13 hours ago, Digby said:

Apart from Boston’s city jerseys being offensively stupid design-wise.

Wait? What?! Offensively for who? In which way Celtics uniform is offensive? Maybe I'm misunderstood your post, but Boston uni is definetly not offensive.

I like how the Heat incorporated bright yellow into their ViceWave art.  It goes well with the other colors.

They took over a neighborhood court for a Vice promotion:

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

#2 on Grizzlies jersey is wrong, but only on back, front look like this:

spacer.png

Which is correct compare to original jersey:

https://www.greyflannelauctions.com/lot-26382.aspx

So Nike screwed up again.

I thought maybe they used one font for promos, then changed it for whatever reason...

But nope...

AP_19334081603168.0.jpg

It's really odd they'd use one font for the front, one for the back. 

Since the Grizzlies' throwback wordmark is similar to the Knicks (arc'd drop shadow)...I wonder if the Knicks could pull off a drop-shadowed wordmark on a City jersey (maybe go back to blue, orange and black for that jersey....!)

New Sixers unis in action. The corners of the court have a basketball-twirling Ben Franklin logo where the snakes usually are

EKqZVqJXsAEljjP?format=jpg&name=small

Philadelphia is too long for a jersey - especially a basketball jersey.  You can't even make it out on TV unless it's a zoom shot.  Too long, too thin.  Not a fan of the numbers either. The white stripe in the trim stands out too much against the cream. The cream PHILA from a couple of years ago were a much better take on the concept.  Both 'city' jerseys from last year were better too.