NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

I think maybe the Philadelphia wordmark would look a bit better if it was arched? That way it doesn’t look too long and can have room to be a bit thicker 

There's no way to make a Philadelphia wordmark look nice.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, kimball said:

Noticed the Kings were wearing their red City Jerseys on their classic throwback court instead of City Court.

My theory is that they sanded down and repainted the baby blue city court from last year so they could use it as a throwback court this year.

6 minutes ago, kimball said:

Noticed the Kings were wearing their red City Jerseys on their classic throwback court instead of City Court.

That wasn't a very good idea. The City uniform utilizes powder blue and the throwback court doesn't have that. I hope they just didn't want to change it over from their last home game which was using the throwback court.

bSLCtu2.png

I feel like the bucks should have debuted their city edition jerseys on their statement court. Because the statement court is a lot darker and the cream color wouldn’t blend in so much. Plus there’s that hint of blue that matches the jersey

IMG-7122.gif

12 minutes ago, dbofox said:

The Bucks should focus on Green, Blue, and Cream. Ditch all black. Blue is a great compliment to the scheme and black is unnecessary. 

Agreed.  That color combo looks amazing.  They should base a whole look off of that design.  By far their best uniform, IMO.

11 hours ago, JELKK said:

My theory is that they sanded down and repainted the baby blue city court from last year so they could use it as a throwback court this year.

Possibly. But, the style guide showed the baby blue court option. Sooo 🤷🏻‍♂️

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I know I’m probably the only one but I’m not a big fan of the blue in the bucks colors. I always liked the bucks for using mainly two colors (cream and dark green) excluding neutral colors of course. The blue just seems kinda “thrown in there” for me especially when it’s not on their main logo 

IMG-7122.gif

To me, what little blue the Bucks use is WAY too electric and it takes attention away from the rest of the identity, which I think is close to a perfect modernization. I don’t like it. Maybe a powder blue would work, but even that.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

39 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Have they ever had a blue uniform?

No, but at the rate new jerseys are getting churned out it's only a matter of time.  I'm sure we'll also see a jersey with the state logo instead of the buck on the front at some point.

2 hours ago, Hoopskid said:

The whole set complete:

49155503502_151268e765_o.pngcitycomplete 

These are just about all terrible, but the Nets is by far the worst.  Not sure why they'd narrow down their location identifier to one that's not even where they play.  It's like just pick some rando neighborhood in whatever city you're in and put it on a jersey.  Ridiculous.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

These are just about all terrible, but the Nets is by far the worst.  Not sure why they'd narrow down their location identifier to one that's not even where they play.  It's like just pick some rando neighborhood in whatever city you're in and put it on a jersey.  Ridiculous.

how can you say that when the Raptors one exists. it looks like the trash rebrands some people make in NBA 2K.

Archived