kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bolt957 said:

I believe that Milwaukee's "Cream City" unis could be improved, had they gone with a double-green look, in ode to their Irish rainbow days.

It's the easiest thing in the world to do and they just refuse to do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

You should be able to turn on a game and immediately know who's playing. In that case, I couldn't.

You couldn't read: CHI 73

                                 SAC 58 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

You couldn't read: CHI 73

                                 SAC 58 

 

Both scorebugs are red and both teams are red. And the home team is in red (even though their colors are purple and black) and the road team is in white.

 

I know who the Kings and Bulls are. I also know Nike has added unneeded complexity to what used to be elegant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

Both scorebugs are red and both teams are red. And the home team is in red (even though their colors are purple and black) and the road team is in white.

 

I know who the Kings and Bulls are. I also know Nike has added unneeded complexity to what used to be elegant.

i agree 100% that the Kings wearing red is a HORRIBLE idea. when have they EVER had a red jersey? it was only a small trim if it was used

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the “look at the scoreboard lol” posts in the world still doesn’t excuse the fact that teams running around wearing whatever they want, brand consistency be damned, is a massive problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much like soccer, just give me a little box next to the team names where it shows you the uniform combination color on the score bug. And they can wear a different color every game. 

 

spacer.png

 

The colored backdrops and banners these tv networks use now may be teams “base” or primary colors but these uniform combos need to have these graphic packages updated

 

if a team is wearing aqua and nothing else in the score bug is aqua, you’d think they would fix it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

 

Both scorebugs are red and both teams are red. And the home team is in red (even though their colors are purple and black) and the road team is in white.

 

I know who the Kings and Bulls are. I also know Nike has added unneeded complexity to what used to be elegant.

Why would the Kings wear a red uniform against a primarily red team? The teams need to figure out a better schedule for these uniforms. Keep that uniform for a game against Boston or the Knicks, who don't have any red in their uniforms at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

Why would the Kings wear a red uniform against a primarily red team? The teams need to figure out a better schedule for these uniforms. Keep that uniform for a game against Boston or the Knicks, who don't have any red in their uniforms at all.

 

The teams don't control the jersey schedule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

The teams don't control the jersey schedule. 

The NBA does? That seems strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

 

And it doesn't help that Nike's taste and logic are garbage. Other than the sleeved sets, I still can't believe people were that down on Adidas and begging Nike to save the league.

I was definitely a lot more hopeful remembering the great job Nike did for 8 teams back in the late ‘90s and early ‘00s, but they’ve been a disappointment now for sure. I do prefer their jersey material to the Adidas Rev30 for whatever that’s worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is to preview that we will start getting secondary ad patches on jerseys going forward

 

Thats the only reason I can think of why they added the "Rockets patch" under the swoosh

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, andregunts said:

I think this is to preview that we will start getting secondary ad patches on jerseys going forward

 

Thats the only reason I can think of why they added the "Rockets patch" under the swoosh

spacer.png

 

I read that the "Rockets" nameplate under the Nike logo was only meant to homage an astronaut suit or something to that effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

 

I read that the "Rockets" nameplate under the Nike logo was only meant to homage an astronaut suit or something to that effect.

Yep, it's supposed to reference the nameplate from the Apollo suits:

 

Neil-Armstrongs-Original-Spacesuit-50th-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

And it doesn't help that Nike's taste and logic are garbage. Other than the sleeved sets, I still can't believe people were that down on Adidas and begging Nike to save the league.

 

People forget how bad things got with Adidas in the last few years. And the sleeved jerseys are too big a blunder to be handwaved away. I'll gladly take Nike's experiments over this:

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing I liked ... was that most of the Pride Jerseys (though they were sleeved) played out like a City Jersey but in team colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

 

People forget how bad things got with Adidas in the last few years. And the sleeved jerseys are too big a blunder to be handwaved away. I'll gladly take Nike's experiments over this:

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

No, I haven't forgotten that the sleeved jerseys were mostly bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.