NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

48 minutes ago, Conrad. said:
  58 minutes ago, El Scorcho said:

I agree that 75 is a lot of changes but you have to remember that some of us are Spurs fans and we've been begging for a more interesting change to the city and statement uniforms since they were released.

Welp...

284?cb=20140926085025

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Welp...

This is a good welp, right, like "Welp, you're in luck! Here come more Spurs alternates!!"  Right?  lol

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Okay I’ve always been a huge advocate for what Nike’s been doing but at this point it is way too much. Annually changing city edition jerseys are fine. But statement editions too? Many of which are the best sellers and maybe even the jersey “representative” of the team. If Nike does this for years to come we’re gonna have 200+ jerseys in a couple of years. Jerseys aren’t suppose to change this much in my opinion.

This is why you were foolish to support Nike doing this at all. You seriously thought that they’d stay pat? That they wouldn’t try to change more crap? Of course they would. This was always the end game.

22 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

i honestly think earned editions should be original designed jerseys

I idea of “Earned” jerseys is ridiculous. Same with “Statement,” “Association,” and “Icon” jerseys. 

Home, road, alternate, maybe a throwback. That’s all it ever had to be. 

21 hours ago, MattMill said:

I’d take it step forward and grant two classics. 

That’s the way to madness. 

1 hour ago, El Scorcho said:

I agree that 75 is a lot of changes but you have to remember that some of us are Spurs fans and we've been begging for a more interesting change to the city and statement uniforms since they were released.

Sometimes, when you’re a fan of a team with as consistent an identity as the Spurs, you should just be happy with how things are. Lest the team tamper with a good thing and try something dumb. 

On 6/20/2019 at 10:56 PM, ltjets21 said:

It is crazy how their whole identity arguably came from a crappy adidas alternate.

spacer.png

Aside from the chest logo, these were much better before the switch. The trim consistency added much needed balance that the Nike version just doesn't have. 

Maybe the worst part of this constant change is the fact that when Nike actually does churn out a hit (I loved the Bucks' cream city cream), it's gone the next year. I understand it's all about muh merch, but I'd imagine that Nike's missing out on a decently large base of customers who would otherwise buy the jerseys if they weren't instantly outdated

2 minutes ago, FALCON6 said:

Maybe the worst part of this constant change is the fact that when Nike actually does churn out a hit (I loved the Bucks' cream city cream), it's gone the next year. I understand it's all about muh merch, but I'd imagine that Nike's missing out on a decently large base of customers who would otherwise buy the jerseys if they weren't instantly outdated

The goal for Nike was to change the NBA to the pro soccer/college football model. And they've succeeded with the NBA! Color Rush is probably as close as we'll get with the NFL, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

This is why you were foolish to support Nike doing this at all. You seriously thought that they’d stay pat? That they wouldn’t try to change more crap? Of course they would. This was always the end game.

I idea of “Earned” jerseys is ridiculous. Same with “Statement,” “Association,” and “Icon” jerseys. 

Home, road, alternate, maybe a throwback. That’s all it ever had to be. 

That’s the way to madness. 

Sometimes, when you’re a fan of a team with as consistent an identity as the Spurs, you should just be happy with how things are. Lest the team tamper with a good thing and try something dumb. 

Okay damn alright then 😂

IMG-7122.gif

New Uniform Leaks for Oklahoma City Thunder

June 25, 2019 - 14:44 PM

A new uniform for the Oklahoma City Thunder leaked late yesterday, spotted on an online retailer before being posted to Twitter. The leak shows an orange Thunder uniform very similar (but not the same) as last season’s “Earned Edition” uniform, […]

Read More...

14 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Can OKC hurry up and make their whole set around this? A white OKC one, a blue one with a Thunder script and this orange one? Would be a huge upgrade 

Who is the genius behind this template??! Give them a raise!! I agree just rebrand around this Sunset design.

shado_logo.gif

15 hours ago, j'villejags said:

These are much better than the orange ones they had last year. Also, why do most of OKCs alternate jerseys look better than their standard set?

Not a big fan of the fad of putting the names on the bottom. I dislike the copycat nature of uniform design but it's been like that for years. Overall, not a fan of the design, but it's not the worst.

Archived