kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

On 11/24/2019 at 2:14 PM, Hoopskid said:

Updated tracker for 2019/20 Statement and city jerseys. Haven't fully rendered all city jerseys yet but I think all except for Miami have been officially released?

49117640452_3b1213ac90_o.pngstatement201920 

49116941168_9871c2e137_o.pngcity201920 

It'd be handy to see the Association and Icons as well if possible.  Maybe even all of last year's as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The only noteworthy earned jersey 10 years from now will be this set because they (for some reason) decided to win a championship in it,spacer.png

Kind of wild this wasn't adapted into a statement in some way. They could have even kept the chevron with the word Raptors or Toronto, similarly to how the cavs adapted the sleeved jerseys to their nike set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The only noteworthy earned jersey 10 years from now will be this set because they (for some reason) decided to win a championship in it,spacer.png

 

Does the NBA/Nike control what teams wear in the playoffs just like the regular season?  If it was left up to the Raptors, I kinda get why they might have worn them considering their whole We The North Slogan.  The entire country rallied behind them, so this might have been their way of not just representing Toronto, but all of Canada.  And, it being sports, it just could be that they are superstitious.  Maybe they had a really good record wearing them.

 

 

I think teams in the playoffs should stick to only a couple of different jerseys instead of wearing every single one in their closet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

It was "Flashback Friday" in San Antonio last night, with players on the bench wearing these great t-shirts 

 

Screen_Shot_2019_12_04_at_8.26.25_PM.0.p

 

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019/12/5/20996395/san-antonio-spurs-flashback-friday-at-the-at-t-center-sacramento-kings

 

Seems like management is warming to the idea of the fiesta colors and motif 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, M4One said:

 

Does the NBA/Nike control what teams wear in the playoffs just like the regular season?  If it was left up to the Raptors, I kinda get why they might have worn them considering their whole We The North Slogan.  The entire country rallied behind them, so this might have been their way of not just representing Toronto, but all of Canada.  And, it being sports, it just could be that they are superstitious.  Maybe they had a really good record wearing them.

 

 

I think teams in the playoffs should stick to only a couple of different jerseys instead of wearing every single one in their closet.

Teams control what they wear in the playoffs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Seems like management is warming to the idea of the fiesta colors and motif 😉

 

I'm calling it now, they're going to have a fiesta court next season. I'd be very surprised if the city uniform has it.

 

By the way this Twitter graphic annoys me because the Kings have a throwback of the logo the Spurs used and did not wear it in this game.

 

ELKCTtxWwAA1Ti_?format=jpg&name=large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 5:13 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

Uhh, what's wrong with sac? Other than the nike template :censored:ing up striping.

At least we both agreed on Miami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that the preseason uniform schedule is more traditional than what we've seen during the regular season and playoffs. I'm guessing Nike doesn't care much about controlling the uniform assignments during that time of year. I was shocked to see the Bulls wearing red on the road and white at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a pelicans fan it’s really disturbing me how much we’re wearing our red statement jerseys. The statement jerseys don’t have that “exclusive” “special occasion” feel for my team at least. Our branding is all mainly gold and navy yet the red jerseys have been worn several games in a row. And it’s gonna continue on so much more with a few breaks here and there. It just seems too much for the eyes now. It’s like if the Timberwolves constantly wore the neon green jerseys. They’re cool to see but too much is bad.
 

I would like to see statement jerseys being more exclusive and limitedly used with city editions being on the same level. Or maybe even less depending. And teams REALLY need to start wearing white at home more and just get rid of white away teams unless it’s a situation where they have to be worn. Like lakers white Sundays or a matchup where white is needed for the best contrast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

As a pelicans fan it’s really disturbing me how much we’re wearing our red statement jerseys. The statement jerseys don’t have that “exclusive” “special occasion” feel for my team at least. Our branding is all mainly gold and navy yet the red jerseys have been worn several games in a row. And it’s gonna continue on so much more with a few breaks here and there. It just seems too much for the eyes now. It’s like if the Timberwolves constantly wore the neon green jerseys. They’re cool to see but too much is bad.
 

I would like to see statement jerseys being more exclusive and limitedly used with city editions being on the same level. Or maybe even less depending. And teams REALLY need to start wearing white at home more and just get rid of white away teams unless it’s a situation where they have to be worn. Like lakers white Sundays or a matchup where white is needed for the best contrast. 

 

I've noticed that with a number of other teams of late. But, to be honest, I would chalk that up to being the Christmas season and Nike highlighting the special jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

Dallas' graffiti set is weirdly growing on me.

I agree with you on that sadly...and they surprisingly look great on TV!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

I agree with you on that sadly...and they surprisingly look great on TV!!

 

As a full-time look, I don't like it. But as a fun 1-year throwaway, I'm okay with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 9:21 PM, Old School Fool said:

 

I'm calling it now, they're going to have a fiesta court next season. I'd be very surprised if the city uniform has it.

 

By the way this Twitter graphic annoys me because the Kings have a throwback of the logo the Spurs used and did not wear it in this game.

 

ELKCTtxWwAA1Ti_?format=jpg&name=large

 

The Memphis Movement squiggles and drop-shadowed shapes clash with font-of-the-2010s United Sans about as hard as anything could clash, yeesh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 5:56 AM, Satomiblood said:

Dallas' graffiti set is weirdly growing on me.

 

I think the uniform color and gradient is really nice. The logo is goofy, but I think that if the uniform is resonating, it's in large part because the Mavs set is just so dated and boring. 

 

The Mavs, like the Jazz and Heat, could totally benefit from making their City uniform (or at least a version of it) their base set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.