NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

6 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Twitter, even a thread with 900 replies, is not a scientifically accurate poll of the fanbase's feelings. Social media has a way of amplifying minor things. 

Correction -only 27 replies but 980 retweets and 7000+ likes.

Yeah that's not that much (replies but 7k likes you right can seem inflated)... but still this is a pregame tweet..of shoes.. 

They've only eliminated the fiesta colors back in 2003 and it was incorporated in their identity for 12 years before that!

Not asking them to go White Sox and change their identity.  But again..Respectfully...we agree to disagree.

Until I get the "last word" in. 😁

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, truepg said:

But it did exist as a part of the identity (logo, court) even though it wasn't featured on the uniforms. I could see an opportunity in the form of an alternate uniform with subliminal use of fiesta in the side-panels, like Brooklyn does, for example. I'm not crazy about the fiesta colors myself, though.

Nuggets have the same colors as Cavaliers.

I meant as in just the icon jerseys. The cavaliers wear maroon for theirs while the nuggets wear navy.

IMG-7122.gif

I always felt like the fiesta colors would never work in large amounts on a jersey. They should definitely do what the nets did and use it only on the sides. That’s all it really needs. I feel like black and too much fiesta colors clash. But white overshines the fiesta colors no matter what. 

IMG-7122.gif

The idea of a fiesta uniform is wildly popular with Spurs fans. A cursory glance through the comment thread of any social media post that features the fiesta colors will confirm that, and to say otherwise is being wilfully ignorant.

They will, almost certainly, release a fiesta uniform at some point in the next few years, and unless they totally botch it it will fly off the shelves.

12 hours ago, Conrad. said:

😎

Much like @Ice_Cap, I’d prefer to not have a fiesta uniform, the court might be a little different considering the fact we actually had one in the past. But nonetheless this is still a concept I really like, it could work really well on its own as an alt if you remove all fiesta aspects. The San Antonio wordmark is great.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Glad lebron is using his platform as a way to speak out for the fans. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nike started doing something next year because of this. Which would be sad to me cause I’m a pelicans fan and I doubt we’re getting another Christmas game anytime soon lol

IMG-7122.gif

Here are the Christmas Day matchups:

Raptors/Celtics:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Sixers/Bucks:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Warriors/Rockets:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Lakers/Clippers:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Nuggets/Pelicans:

spacer.pngspacer.png

In addition, all of these teams (except the Lakers and Pelicans, who didn’t make the playoffs last year) are supposed to be wearing their Earned Edition warmups today. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

28 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here are the Christmas Day matchups:

Raptors/Celtics:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Sixers/Bucks:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Warriors/Rockets:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Lakers/Clippers:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Nuggets/Pelicans:

spacer.pngspacer.png

In addition, all of these teams (except the Lakers and Pelicans, who didn’t make the playoffs last year) are supposed to be wearing their Earned Edition warmups today. 

Anddddd... they’re all horrible, I don’t know what I expected to be honest.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

11 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Anddddd... they’re all horrible, I don’t know what I expected to be honest.

Yeah, not great. We could’ve had two red/green matchups between the Raptors/Celtics and Sixers/Bucks, but with the red/green colorblind issue and Nike/the NBA wanting teams to showcase the City and Statement uniforms, those matchups were never gonna happen. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Overreaction much?

I think these are great. Somewhat flashy and unique designs all to show off on a Christmas Day. It’s as close as we can get to actual Christmas jerseys. Half of these jerseys we’ve all seen similar designs of before in the past. We’ve seen black raptors, bucks, and warriors jerseys before. The warriors one is literally their black jerseys from last year but blue instead of yellow details. Lakers wearing yellow/gold as everyone would want them too. Sixers wearing the cream that everyone loves. Celtics wearing green with a touch of gold that we’ve also seen in the past before. Heck, the pelicans are wearing their red jerseys which have been worn more than any other jerseys this season.

IMG-7122.gif

40 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Overreaction much?

I think these are great. Somewhat flashy and unique designs all to show off on a Christmas Day. It’s as close as we can get to actual Christmas jerseys. Half of these jerseys we’ve all seen similar designs of before in the past. We’ve seen black raptors, bucks, and warriors jerseys before. The warriors one is literally their black jerseys from last year but blue instead of yellow details. Lakers wearing yellow/gold as everyone would want them too. Sixers wearing the cream that everyone loves. Celtics wearing green with a touch of gold that we’ve also seen in the past before. Heck, the pelicans are wearing their red jerseys which have been worn more than any other jerseys this season.

It’s BFBS almost all around, even the raptors are wearing the worst black uniform they’ve had maybe ever. Los Angeles is wearing a GTA like inspired jersey, which is ridiculous, the Lakers should be wearing their classic yellows. Boston ruined their beautiful classic uniforms with that childish font. They bring back gold, but at what cost. Philadelphia is too long a word, especially in that font to have on a jersey, would’ve much preferred their regular set. The only good uniform is the pelicans red uniform which isn’t bad. I like that uniform. But all the others are some real garbage. And that’s a bit of an understatement even.

If everyone wore their regular home and aways, like they should, it would be the best Christmas Day we’ve had since 2015

3YCQJRO.png

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

It’s BFBS almost all around, even the raptors are wearing the worst black uniform they’ve had maybe ever. Los Angeles is wearing a GTA like inspired jersey, which is ridiculous, the Lakers should be wearing their classic yellows. Boston ruined their beautiful classic uniforms with that childish font. They bring back gold, but at what cost. Philadelphia is too long a word, especially in that font to have on a jersey, would’ve much preferred their regular set. The only good uniform is the pelicans red uniform which isn’t bad. I like that uniform. But all the others are some real garbage. And that’s a bit of an understatement even.

If everyone wore their regular home and aways, like they should, it would be the best Christmas Day we’ve had since 2015

I see what you mean but if there’s any day these should be worn then it’s this day. If it was a regular home and away matchup people would complaint about how boring it is. Christmas is where lots of casual fans are watching and teams are taking this opportunity to show off and market their jerseys that they’ll only be wearing for a year. Not much people outside of us are looking into this much detail of these jerseys. 

IMG-7122.gif

Just now, pelicanfan said:

I see what you mean but if there’s any day these should be worn then it’s this day. If it was a regular home and away matchup people would complaint about how boring it is. Christmas is where lots of casual fans are watching and teams are taking this opportunity to show off and market their jerseys that they’ll only be wearing for a year. Not much people outside of us are looking into this much detail of these jerseys. 

I think if less attentive and more casual fans are watching you should atleast wear team colors, not black, or any other colors that aren’t recognized within your brand

3YCQJRO.png

15 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I think Adidas nailed Christmas uniforms with the script lettering in 2015. It can’t get much better. I’m scared to see what Nike would bring to the table.

Gotta disagree; that level of paint-by-numbers templating was an insult to the individual teams.

Wear the regular/best jerseys on Christmas! Save alternates for otherwise dull meaningless games in late January.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived