NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might not really be the appropriate thread, but are the Classic editions supposed to be a bit of a limited edition jersey for retail purposes?

I thought i'd spend some Xmas money on a Donovan Mitchell Classic jersey. I thought i'd be able to get shipped to Australia fairly easily, but it just seems to be sold out absolutely everywhere. I know it's not the most common jersey around but the NBA is one of the biggest merchandise leagues in the world and we're less than half way through the season.

1 hour ago, El Scorcho said:

This might not really be the appropriate thread, but are the Classic editions supposed to be a bit of a limited edition jersey for retail purposes?

I thought i'd spend some Xmas money on a Donovan Mitchell Classic jersey. I thought i'd be able to get shipped to Australia fairly easily, but it just seems to be sold out absolutely everywhere. I know it's not the most common jersey around but the NBA is one of the biggest merchandise leagues in the world and we're less than half way through the season.

I have a strong feeling that production is limited on Classic jerseys. De'Aaron Fox's Classic jersey (Sacramento Kings) was pretty much sold out nearly everywhere within the first week of online retail, back in November. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, El Scorcho said:

Authentic jerseys typically sell out pretty quickly (my brother is a collector and says authentic Jazz jerseys are impossible to get by mid-November).

There's still plenty of Swingman though https://jazzteamstore.com/19-hardwood-classic-swingman-jersey-mensappareljerseys-utah-jazz-mitchell-donovan-hwc-90s-purple-nike/

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

9 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Authentic jerseys typically sell out pretty quickly (my brother is a collector and says authentic Jazz jerseys are impossible to get by mid-November).

There's still plenty of Swingman though https://jazzteamstore.com/19-hardwood-classic-swingman-jersey-mensappareljerseys-utah-jazz-mitchell-donovan-hwc-90s-purple-nike/

The Jazz team store doesn't ship to Australia unfortunately, or at least it won't let me advance through the checkout process. NBA Store and Fanatics are both out of stock.

13 hours ago, El Scorcho said:

The Jazz team store doesn't ship to Australia unfortunately, or at least it won't let me advance through the checkout process. NBA Store and Fanatics are both out of stock.

Did you click "International Checkout" in your cart? I was able to set up shipping to Australia

https://imgur.com/2r1RSJR

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

On 12/31/2019 at 1:49 AM, Foxxtrot44 said:

Did you click "International Checkout" in your cart? I was able to set up shipping to Australia

https://imgur.com/2r1RSJR

Ah thank you, I didn't see that option on mobile earlier. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately it's fairly cost prohibative. To buy a Nike NBA jersey off of the shelf in Australia is AUD$100, this would cost me AUD$242 shipped with shipping and taxes. I like it but not quite that much.

18 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

DYhKN2BWsAAkFRf.jpg
jersey stripe? I’m assuming it would be something like this. I wonder how a team would pull off two stripes if they were honoring someone else at the same time like the pelicans in 2018

Yep, it’ll look something like that. Black band is a better way to put it than black jersey stripe. Not sure what a team would do if they already had another memorial band.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

I'll never understand the anti-color v color crowd. When done right, how could you NOT want more matchups like this? So cool

I don't think it's so much color vs. color than it's the team and Nike's sub-par and overused designs.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

8 hours ago, kimball said:

I don't think it's so much color vs. color than it's the team and Nike's sub-par and overused designs.

Agreed. The NBA, its individual teams, and/or Nike (basically whoever has the final say on uniform choices) can start by having the road team not wear white and saving other light alternates for home alternates or clash-only road games (where the home team is already wearing a dark uniform).

I’m glad that we have more color-vs-color matchups since the mid-2000s where we’d have white-vs-yellow matchups (unless one of those teams was the grandfathered Lakers), but the pendulum has swung so far in the other direction that, like so many on these boards, it’s hard to tell who’s playing who and where the game is without consulting the scorebug (and even that’s often unreliable based on scorebug colors alone).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I always thought y'all were a bit dramatic about not being able to tell who was playing until this Xmas. I was home for the holidays and the Heat were playing the Jazz with both teams in their city jerseys (Teal Vice and Red Rocks). My mom is typically pretty informed about sports and their uniforms and she had no idea who was playing. The scorebug was absent or too small for her to see. When I told her who was playing she said "I guess I should have known that was the Heat's colors..." and I had to tell her she got it backwards. 

I actually really like both of those uniforms but that interaction convinced me, this CAN'T be good for the league when it comes to casual fans. People want to know who is playing the game!

spacer.png

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

13 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

DYhKN2BWsAAkFRf.jpg
jersey stripe? I’m assuming it would be something like this. I wonder how a team would pull off two stripes if they were honoring someone else at the same time like the pelicans in 2018

Well the Blazers have five stripes so two can totally be pulled off.

8 hours ago, JTernup said:

I always thought y'all were a bit dramatic about not being able to tell who was playing until this Xmas. I was home for the holidays and the Heat were playing the Jazz with both teams in their city jerseys (Teal Vice and Red Rocks). My mom is typically pretty informed about sports and their uniforms and she had no idea who was playing. The scorebug was absent or too small for her to see. When I told her who was playing she said "I guess I should have known that was the Heat's colors..." and I had to tell her she got it backwards. 

I actually really like both of those uniforms but that interaction convinced me, this CAN'T be good for the league when it comes to casual fans. People want to know who is playing the game!

spacer.png

let's be honest. how much do "casual" fans even matter anymore?

Archived