NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this might sound really weird but I would really appreciate it if they start adding white score boxes on nba games. I know no one cares but you know me I’m always about the little details in this kind of stuff

62580658-9-E75-4901-B77-F-BFF9-EDE940-A2
terrible edit but u get what I mean

7-A8-C18-AC-2-B96-4-D81-8973-0-B19-E25-A
id make the Boston one black too but this is just on the topic of white score boxes rather than just accurate color score boxes. Which I also think should be tweaked a little. Like it’s weird sometimes seeing the away team with a score box that’s a different color from the jersey they’re wearing. And then sometimes the home team would have an accurate one. Or vice verse situations.

IMG-7122.gif

9 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I know this might sound really weird but I would really appreciate it if they start adding white score boxes on nba games. I know no one cares but you know me I’m always about the little details in this kind of stuff

id make the Boston one black too but this is just on the topic of white score boxes rather than just accurate color score boxes. Which I also think should be tweaked a little. Like it’s weird sometimes seeing the away team with a score box that’s a different color from the jersey they’re wearing. And then sometimes the home team would have an accurate one. Or vice verse situations.

It’s easier for the broadcasters to just use one for each team. If you had to match it to the jerseys then you’d potentially have 4 templates for each team and it could be easy for some dude in the truck to pick the wrong ones on a particular night because they look at the wrong date or he’ll inverse them and create even more confusion.

I don't know, this never seems to be a problem for soccer. The local NBC affiliate must be able to call up the national NBC's production team and ask how it's done, if NBC broadcasts can manage to find pink Everton scorebugs and creamsicle Manchester City graphics.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 1/12/2020 at 12:50 AM, pelicanfan said:

Seems like a pretty easy no-brainer right? Especially frustrating because TNT and ESPN still seem to think the Sixers' primary color is red. Meanwhile their jerseys, logo, and court are all completely blue

3 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Seems like a pretty easy no-brainer right? Especially frustrating because TNT and ESPN still seem to think the Sixers' primary color is red. Meanwhile their jerseys, logo, and court are all completely blue

Totally. Same goes for the pelicans which I think is even worse. The score box for them is red when they wear navy jerseys. The navy jerseys quite literally have only an inch or two amount of red. Not kidding at all. And it’s non existent from a distance 

IMG-7122.gif

I got sucked in by a targeted ad from 47 Brand for their City Edition merch. Some interesting applications of the alternate brands City things put forth, if you're into that.

One thing I realized is that I actually really like the traditional Celtics logos in the color scheme of green, black and metallic gold, with no white. It's just the awful faux-Gaelic font that needs to be thrown in the garbage can.

zFmNPfL.png

The hat and the hoodie are pure gift-shop-at-Logan dreck. I can just see them piled up at a kiosk while a local girl in a Patrice Bergeron sweater and pajama pants is swearing at her boyfriend for getting her the wrong coffee.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

20 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The hat and the hoodie are pure gift-shop-at-Logan dreck. I can just see them piled up at a kiosk while a local girl in a Patrice Bergeron sweater and pajama pants is swearing at her boyfriend for getting her the wrong coffee.

That's why I specified the traditional logos! And I already got yelled at in this thread for pointing out that the Celtics' City scheme is defining the city in question as Weymouth to get a new "in" with that type of townie.

Once and for all, here are what SHOULD be the NBA uniform rules:

• Each team gets 3 unis-home, away, alt
  • Teams get a throwback uni every 3 seasons
  • Teams get to wear alts and throwbacks a total of 25 games
  • Home team wears light colors, road teams wear dark
  • Penalty for breaking these rules is a $100,000 fine

I think it's fine for home teams to wear color sometimes. For some reason I've always felt that third jerseys/alternates are meant to be worn at home, but most of them are dark, so that didn't always happen. Even the City jerseys, most of which I hate, I'd be fine with if they were generally worn half as much as they are, for most teams.

14 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I'll take this current system over this tbh.

I really think the biggest issue is with TV broadcasts. As others have mentioned, it doesn't appear to be an issue for soccer broadcasts to match score bugs to the teams uniforms. And knowing that everything is planned out before the season begins, it really shouldn't be hard for TV stations to align.

On 1/10/2020 at 2:40 PM, dannykraft said:

EN8R0oWWoAUAtOV?format=jpg&name=largeEN8Rl-UX0AEsJvq?format=jpg&name=large

Saw this on twitter, I feel like this a fake but I'm really not sure. If they are real I am definitely not a fan. 

On 1/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, WSU151 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it is real...but there's some kind of round design in the pinstripes and it looks like vertical strings of Christmas lights. 

On 1/10/2020 at 3:02 PM, Satomiblood said:

Assuming these are real, is there any significance to the yellow/green on the shoulder/neck trim?

On 1/10/2020 at 5:09 PM, Conrad. said:

On 1/10/2020 at 5:53 PM, kimball said:

oh-thank-god

https://oneononetesters.com/first-look-at-the-2020-nba-all-star-weekend-jerseys

The World jersey images are there but they are pretty blurry

23 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

So the Bucks can never wear their Fear The Deer uniforms at home?  With this system, both Chicago and Milwaukee could ONLY wear white at home, and it would become incredibly stale, incredibly fast.  

I have no problem with teams wearing any color uniform they want at home, but rule should be the away team always has to contrast significantly and in-area scoreboards/adboards and telecasts must match team graphics to jersey colors.  For example, ESPN scorebug color for Chicago must be baby blue with alt colored logo if Chicago wears their city edition, and United Center scoreboards/adboards must use the alt colored logo as well.

That way, nobody will be confused matching teams to uniforms because the scoreboards tell you.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

1 hour ago, itsmb8 said:

So the Bucks can never wear their Fear The Deer uniforms at home?  With this system, both Chicago and Milwaukee could ONLY wear white at home, and it would become incredibly stale, incredibly fast.  

I have no problem with teams wearing any color uniform they want at home, but rule should be the away team always has to contrast significantly and in-area scoreboards/adboards and telecasts must match team graphics to jersey colors.  For example, ESPN scorebug color for Chicago must be baby blue with alt colored logo if Chicago wears their city edition, and United Center scoreboards/adboards must use the alt colored logo as well.

That way, nobody will be confused matching teams to uniforms because the scoreboards tell you.

Yes, it would become stale after awhile, but this system brings back the traditional "white at home", which makes it seem right. But, this would prompt Nike to make more alts, which equals more $$$. The bucks could wear their "Cream City" uniform, and the Bulls can wear(as you mentioned) their baby blue City. Honestly, I should just make it to where teams can't wear white on the road.(I can't stand that). 

Archived