NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

On 1/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, dont care said:

It’s easier for the broadcasters to just use one for each team. If you had to match it to the jerseys then you’d potentially have 4 templates for each team and it could be easy for some dude in the truck to pick the wrong ones on a particular night because they look at the wrong date or he’ll inverse them and create even more confusion.

If the "dude in the truck" picks the wrong colors, it should take like one second to fix and practically no one (besides maybe some posters at this site) would notice or care for the 1 second at the very beginning of the game that the color was wrong.  I don't think it would cause that many issues. 

I don't think this "scorebug and jersey color-matching" would have been needed at all a few years ago, but with teams wearing all kinds of different colors that have nothing to do with their identities on both the home and road, I think it is really needed.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Yes, it would become stale after awhile, but this system brings back the traditional "white at home", which makes it seem right. But, this would prompt Nike to make more alts, which equals more $$$. The bucks could wear their "Cream City" uniform, and the Bulls can wear(as you mentioned) their baby blue City. Honestly, I should just make it to where teams can't wear white on the road.(I can't stand that). 

No white on the road would probably be the easiest and most effective solution.  And personally, im a fan of MORE alternates (just not too many) so that teams have more freedom on jersey choices for games and we get more variety on uniform matchups.  If we stuck to just 3 uniforms, that would pretty much leave every team to Association (white), Icon (main color), and Statement jerseys.  And for teams like Milwaukee who would then have a white uniform and two dark uniforms, jersey options would be almost nothing at home. 

I think the best case for all of these would be:

-4 uniforms (Association, Icon, Statement, City)

-"City" uniforms change every 3 years.

-"Classic" edition once every 3 years.

-No white on the road.

-Team graphics both in-arena and on telecasts must match uniforms.

-OPTIONAL: Each uniform worn an equal amount of games.

-OPTIONAL2: Each uniform for the season must be approved at least 1 week before Opening Night.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

On 1/15/2020 at 2:31 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Once and for all, here are what SHOULD be the NBA uniform rules:

• Each team gets 3 unis-home, away, alt
  • Teams get a throwback uni every 3 seasons
  • Teams get to wear alts and throwbacks a total of 25 games
  • Home team wears light colors, road teams wear dark
  • Penalty for breaking these rules is a $100,000 fine

Agree, but 25 games is too much just for two additional uniforms.

7 hours ago, truepg said:

What also irks me currently, is that the matchups are never what you expect them to be uniform-wise.

Do you mean to tell me a Lakers/Celtics matchup in city jerseys is less than desirable???

speaking of one of those teams, on the scorebug front: wondered about tonight’s BOS/MIL matchup, TNT has green for Boston’s city jerseys but gray for Milwaukee’s regular home whites. Not bad, though not great either.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 10/13/2019 at 6:18 AM, Teal said:

Not sure if I have already mentioned this but, the all-star unis will be blue and red once again. So glad that black/white fad is over with. 

I hope my .500 average improves now this is confirmed. 

Jaguars

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

Jeff Teague will wear #00.

— Chris Vivlamore (@CVivlamoreAJC) January 16, 2020

Anyone recall a 0 and a 00 playing on the same team?  0 is currently used by Brandon Goodwin for the Hawks.

Cavs had Kevin Love #0 and Birdman #00

Nuggets had Mudiay #0 and Darrell Arthur #00

Pacers had Aaron Brooks #00 and CJ Miles #0

I wrote a thread at my Twitter profile about 0 and 00 at the same team. Sorry to inform you it's in brazilian portuguese. LOL but maybe Twitter has a translation tool.

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

I see I don't pay attention well.. lol  Especially Melo and  Dame.

I want to say the "rule" not allowing a 0 and 00 on the same team was dropped around 2013-2014ish?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

It started near '00 and ended in '14

The rule started for not having a 00 and 0 on the same team in 2000? I am pretty sure it was way before that. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

After some research, I cannot find any records of the league banning 00 before the new millenium. Multiple players, such as Greg Ostertag, swapped from 00 to other numbers(Ostertag wore 39) after 2000

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

After some research, I cannot find any records of the league banning 00 before the new millenium. Multiple players, such as Greg Ostertag, swapped from 00 to other numbers(Ostertag wore 39) after 2000

All I know is by early 90s William Bedford and Orlando Woolridge was the first teammates using #0 and #00. So the league make one of them change and Woolridge changed to #6.

Ostertag swapped to #39 in 1999 so Olden Polinyce could wear #0.

Just like Brendan Haywood swapped to #33 for Gilbert Arenas #0.

6 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Should clarify, 00 has pretty much been allowed for most of league history. It’s been the rule until 2014-ish that there can’t be a 00 and 0 on the same team. Which @Igor Coelho pointed out. 

kimball banner.png

Archived