NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

22 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

At least it’s an upgrade over last year’s.

spacer.png

Is it? At least last year's sponsor had the same color patch as the jersey with a contrasting color logo. That green patch on the white jersey hurts to look at.

Unless...

Green is in the plans for the future? *fingers crossed*

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 4:00 PM, scouserduke said:

spacer.png

Is it? At least last year's sponsor had the same color patch as the jersey with a contrasting color logo. That green patch on the white jersey hurts to look at.

Unless...

Green is in the plans for the future? *fingers crossed*

It is. The color of the 5 Miles patch just didn’t work with their uniforms last season. That’s my main reason for disliking it. Had it been colored similarly to the Chime patch (white, navy, mint), it would’ve looked so much better. It's a shame since I really like the script on the 5 Miles logo.

10 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

The Jazz should’ve worn their primary away. Would’ve contrasted nicely against all of that gray.

Their yellow/gold jerseys would have looked great on this floor. I love it when the away team is wearing a bright color on the Nets home floor it just looks so clean and jerseys just look so much better in the Barclays lighting 

IMG-7122.gif

I don't think the Lakers have worn their purple jerseys in Boston since the Nike scheme came along -- insane, considering their purples on Boston's parquet is about as iconic as an away team look can get. Both teams wearing their weirdo City jerseys in THAT matchup is a slap across the face.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 minutes ago, tinierrumble449 said:

I love that photo. Such an iconic matchup. You can tell instantly who the home and away teams are. Why, why, why has this been abandoned?

It's so frustrating, isn't it? We traded elegance for complexity so we could have teams in white play teams in grey just for fun. It's awful.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, tinierrumble449 said:

I love that photo. Such an iconic matchup. You can tell instantly who the home and away teams are. Why, why, why has this been abandoned?

Because thats 30 years ago and we have upgrades in technology where its easy to know which team is home or not. You can easily look on the intenet and find out all the details of the game, such as who is the home and away team. That internet thing wasn't around 30 years ago

I can tell the difference between the home and away team without much problem. It's really a non-issue. It's the mess with tradition. I mean, if the Celtics and Lakers want to have clown clothing, cool. But, when I see them play against each other ... give us the classic gold vs. green or white vs. purple matchup.  

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

12 minutes ago, kimball said:

I can tell the difference between the home and away team without much problem. It's really a non-issue. It's the mess with tradition. I mean, if the Celtics and Lakers want to have clown clothing, cool. But, when I see them play against each other ... give us the classic gold vs. green or white vs. purple matchup.  

Thats fair, I do love to see classic uniforms in match ups. Especially championship ones. I like funky cool things myself and love evolution but when it comes to championship games by top tier teams I love seeing the game look as if its something that could happen 50 years ago. 

Is it me or did the NBA revert their change of the conference logos? Main source of evidence is 2K19 and 2K20.
As a lot of people know, the 2K Sports team reuses logo assets from each game to game. Then, before 2K19 released, the NBA revealed their new standardized conference logos. They were subsequently updated in game.

spacer.png

If you look behind the brackets, you can see the new logos. However, in 2K20...

9-5-2019_10-58-22_PM-pyy3cgss.jpg

Look very closely behind the bracket once again, and you can see they've been reverted to the 1994 logos. Since 2K is known for reusing assets from the previous game I don't understand why they wouldn't carry over the new logos unless the league decided to revert back to them. Also not helping the case is I can't find any instance of the new logos on the NBA's website.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

10 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

^^^I'd be more interested in knowing how Utah made it to the Eastern Conference and Washington and Charlotte made it to the West.

I'm concerned that the Cavs, Kings, and Suns made the playoffs...

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 1/17/2020 at 10:25 AM, Dnice said:

Jeff Teague will wear #00.

— Chris Vivlamore (@CVivlamoreAJC) January 16, 2020

Anyone recall a 0 and a 00 playing on the same team?  0 is currently used by Brandon Goodwin for the Hawks.

On 1/18/2020 at 11:46 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I think either the Heat or Nets had one recently.

The Bucks had Gary Payton II (#0) and Spencer Hawes (#00) at the same time a few years back. 

On 1/21/2020 at 1:05 PM, andregunts said:

Because thats 30 years ago and we have upgrades in technology where its easy to know which team is home or not. You can easily look on the intenet and find out all the details of the game, such as who is the home and away team. That internet thing wasn't around 30 years ago

That's the problem with today's thinking. When I walk into a bar or establishment that has games on, It shouldn't take forever to figure out who's playing nor should I have to pull out my phone and look it up.

I should be able to look at the screen see the unis and know exactly who's playing and where. All these bs fashion jerseys they're wearing now hinders that.

Archived