NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

On 2/1/2020 at 5:32 AM, skip88 said:

Teams will run out of numbers, that of course if sports is still being played and the world stands as we know it.

I've heard people say this, but it'll take several lifetimes before it actually happens. The Yankees & Celtics have retired 21 numbers, which is the most in pro sports, with most teams only retiring a handful. If teams keep the same pace up it'll take roughly another 400 years before any team gets close to running out of single digit numbers. And considering expansion & increased parity in sports, the rate of numbers being retired seems to have slowed down lately.

It's a bridge you cross if/when you get to it, and as Ben in LA mentioned, you can always add a third digit.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, skip88 said:

Nike is much worse... 10 different uniforms for each team = GARBAGE

Is not like you didn't have this in adidas tenure...

On 2/2/2020 at 12:18 AM, dont care said:

Meanwhile the glued on wordmark on adidas jerseys would fall off in games and they never fixed that. Atleast Nike went back and fixed the issue and since not a single Jersey has torn in the 2 1/2 seasons since.

IIRC adidas went back to stitched numbers after that fail with glued. Also nike in first season used aeroswift template and from second they go with vaporknit.

4r2eer.png

87-B8-EEA7-0-D4-F-4-CD4-9-E12-3-C0-C0477 
For some reason the clippers wearing blue at home surprisingly looks good on the court they have. For me at least. It's a fresh contrast from all the black and white we've seen. Wolves wearing white is okay with me here. I feel like anything outside of their baby blues or white would have been too much of a contrast (lime green) or too little of a contrast (navy)

speaking of lime green, it is so out of place here on the score box there's quite literally no lime green on the unis the wolves are wearing. 

IMG-7122.gif

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Wolves wear so little lime green they might as well ditch it.  They wear it...what...three games in a season?

They wear it every Saturday Home Game. I’d say that’s quite frequent.

da0Lbhs.png

A Classic Uniform matchup going on right now on TNT, Lakers-Suprs at Staples, LA in HOME Gold, and SA in ROAD Black. This is how the games should look. Either White or a Light Colored Jersey at home (Yellow, Gray, Orange) vs the Dark Uniform for the Away team. As long as White is never worn on the Road, I'm fine.

da0Lbhs.png

The All-Star uniforms have gone from horrible to absolutely atrocious. San Antonio 96 and Phoenix 95 is the way to go when it comes to All-Star unis. A lot more fun and way cooler. 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

3 hours ago, Tore said:

The All-Star uniforms have gone from horrible to absolutely atrocious. San Antonio 96 and Phoenix 95 is the way to go when it comes to All-Star unis. A lot more fun and way cooler. 

Eh. I tend to disagree. San Antonio and Phoenix were cool, but I like the Red vs. Blue matchups. Not a fan of the current trend of team or All-Star logo on front without a number.

hi-res-140029006_crop_north.jpg?13610970 gettyimages-108463808.jpggettyimages-95925329.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

@kimball

Of the three you posted, only the uniform with James and Bryant looks decent to me. It's just so boring to me with the red and blue and black and white - they feel bereft of fun. 
An updated version of the ones I posted would be cool, but they would not have the same radiance though. There is not a doubt in my mind that I suffer from nostalgia bias. This years uniforms are horrid. Agree to disagree though. 
What are your thoughts on the 91-94 All-Star unis? They kinda work for me, might be the 90s factor though lol

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

37 minutes ago, Tore said:

@kimball

Of the three you posted, only the uniform with James and Bryant looks decent to me. It's just so boring to me with the red and blue and black and white - they feel bereft of fun. 
An updated version of the ones I posted would be cool, but they would not have the same radiance though. There is not a doubt in my mind that I suffer from nostalgia bias. This years uniforms are horrid. Agree to disagree though. 
What are your thoughts on the 91-94 All-Star unis? They kinda work for me, might be the 90s factor though lol

Yeah, they're very 90s-ish. I think they were fun for the time period.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 2/1/2020 at 8:52 PM, pelicanfan said:

^so how exactly does nikes production mean that it's materials are trash compared to rev30?? Nike releasing 10 jerseys for each team= their materials are bad?

It is, but i was talking about design wise, it's greedy to release 10 unis for each team, and makes the league look cheap and amateurish. 

Archived