kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

You can totally see the difference in the Lakers yellow here. The video is really cool as well. 

13 hours ago, The AFC South said:

Didn’t know if posted already, but the second slide leaks the All Star court.

Wow that is flashy. But I love it (the court) what I oddly like in all star games is how the uniforms don't exactly fit with the court. Like last year it was black vs white with red white and blue accents on a full out teal and purple court

6 hours ago, Ark said:

You can totally see the difference in the Lakers yellow here. The video is really cool as well. 

That reminds me that the old Staples Center court using light purple is pretty weird in retrospect.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:23 PM, pelicanfan said:

zion-williamson-of-the-new-orleans-pelic
noticed the pelicans fixed the issue with the text overlapping the stripe.

Is there a rear pic of Alexander-Walker?

51 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

Are you ready for NAW's jersey?

spacer.png

That’s horrible. Just put the name under the number.

6 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

spacer.png

That's just sinful. I don't think there's any way around that other then changing the color of the text or adding a border around it. Assuming they only have one size of letters. Cramming them on the bottom or top wouldn't look right either.

i checked using my editing app and I saw that using yellow for the names would have been just fine. 

They should do Alexander over walker

On 2/8/2020 at 1:10 PM, Ark said:

You’re also comparing HD versus standard def from 20ish years ago. Everything looks brighter in lebrons clip not just the jerseys.

23 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

spacer.png

That's just not a thought-out jersey design. Incredible that it happens at this level.

27 minutes ago, truepg said:

That's just not a thought-out jersey design. Incredible that it happens at this level.

You need an outline color for the NOB lettering for this to work. 

In fairness it works for every other NOB, even Williamson once that was fixed.

Or maybe this new wave of hyphenated names including "Alexander" somewhere will usher in new uniform standards.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:20 PM, Old School Fool said:

That reminds me that the old Staples Center court using light purple is pretty weird in retrospect.

Unpopular opinion, but I always liked the early 2000s-era court, especially with the shaded/3D-ish center court logo. 

Nostalgia I guess.

The new jerseys, new court, and new arena (with the bright light setting) just felt very modern and new as the millenium started. 

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

You need an outline color for the NOB lettering for this to work. 

Maybe even white...would not be visible for most, but would salvage the long ones.

47 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Unpopular opinion, but I always liked the early 2000s-era court, especially with the shaded/3D-ish center court logo. 

Nostalgia I guess.

The new jerseys, new court, and new arena (with the bright light setting) just felt very modern and new as the millenium started. 

My favorite part of that court was how the purple from the keys extended to the baselines:

spacer.png

I’ve been a Blazers fan for life, but when I was a kid I was enamored by the Lakers’ colors, uniforms, court, etc. and always used to draw that part of the Lakers’ court because it was so unique and distinctive at the time. I think their current court is better from a purely aesthetic point of view, but I do miss that court design. Nostalgia for sure.

I think I read here before that there is a rule that prevents them from putting the outline on player's names. Do you know if it's true?

50 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

I think I read here before that there is a rule that prevents them from putting the outline on player's names. Do you know if it's true?

Not a rule, just a standard ever since Nike took over. Only throwbacks got outlines