kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

6 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

LA doesnt have a red uniform.  

The Clippers in a red uni with a blue wordmark outlined in white would be pretty sweet though. 

10 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Another really nice match up in Philly tonight...

spacer.png

However I wouldn't mind an alternate court with the blue swapped for red when they wear the statement jerseys

And props to TNT for actually assigning each team the color they're wearing on the score bug. I was totally expecting them to have Clippers as black and Sixers as red (which some stations still use this for their primary))

47 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Clippers in a red uni with a blue wordmark outlined in white would be pretty sweet though. 

you'd have to make sure the white outline was thick enough to be legible from a far distance (unlike the below photo), but i tend to agree with you

684723_original.jpg

Id like to see more teams branch away from the R/W/B palettes. It'd be interesting to see the clippers lean in hard on the powder blues and orange plus the nautical themes. Feel like all the minimalist/subliminal designs are gonna go to the way side and the absurd/obnoxious designs will make a comeback.    

2 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

Id like to see more teams branch away from the R/W/B palettes. It'd be interesting to see the clippers lean in hard on the powder blues and orange plus the nautical themes. Feel like all the minimalist/subliminal designs are gonna go to the way side and the absurd/obnoxious designs will make a comeback.    

I see what you're saying, but last time this happened we got these ...

Jerry_Stackhouse_94_home.jpgchris_whitney.jpg

3 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

Id like to see more teams branch away from the R/W/B palettes. It'd be interesting to see the clippers lean in hard on the powder blues and orange plus the nautical themes. 

You'd think Ballmer would go with the powder blue and orange because it'd be incredibly popular and would sell like crazy...but I don't think he likes it.

17 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

You'd think Ballmer would go with the powder blue and orange because it'd be incredibly popular and would sell like crazy...but I don't think he likes it.

They gotta have some kind of identity, lakers have purple/gold, celtics have green/white, it'd be good foundation at least. Powder blue, orange and maybe navy. No one else has it.

36 minutes ago, kimball said:

I get people hate those, but I always liked that era for those 2 teams. Where it went wrong was the wiz taking a page out of the kangz book (or vice versa) and going gold top black shorts.

Unpopular opinion, but that Gilbert Arenas-era set was the best the Bullet/Wizards franchise has ever looked.

31 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

🙄 The patches are adequate enough IMO

quit subliminally hating. One of the most beloved players recently just passed away at an early age with his daughter. He meant a lot to those players in the All-Star game 

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Call me crazy but 10 yo me when these were unveiled in 1995 made me fall in love with the aesthetics of sports

spacer.png

Also, did Allan Houston ever play in these?

10 minutes ago, andregunts said:

quit subliminally hating. One of the most beloved players recently just passed away at an early age with his daughter. He meant a lot to those players in the All-Star game 

I'm not hating, subliminally or otherwise, I just feel like it's overkill. 

13 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

I'm not hating, subliminally or otherwise, I just feel like it's overkill. 

so the patch with the 9 stars is good enough to honor Kobe Bryant and his daughter (who just tragically died couple of weeks ago) in the NBA All-Star Game?

12 minutes ago, andregunts said:

so the patch with the 9 stars is good enough to honor Kobe Bryant and his daughter (who just tragically died couple of weeks ago) in the NBA All-Star Game?

Yes, because 7 other people also tragically died in the same crash. 

How often are you going to see the back of the jerseys to see the numbers? 

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

Unpopular opinion, but that Gilbert Arenas-era set was the best the Bullet/Wizards franchise has ever looked.

They’ve never looked great. I would go for a full rebrand if I was them. Right now they’re stuck trying to look like the bullets but with a terrible name. 

I don't care how much I will get scolded for saying this but I think those old pistons unis look great. I get it it's not part of what they're known for. But put tradition aside and they're really not as bad as I've seen people here make of it. I mean, they follow  a basic side design and trimming that we've seen plenty of teams follow before. What I could see people hate on is the giant cartoonish wordmark/logo which I think is pretty sick. I mean people are fine with the Grizzlies one what's wrong with these? Tradition aside of course. 

1 hour ago, Haz_Matt said:

Yes, because 7 other people also tragically died in the same crash. 

How often are you going to see the back of the jerseys to see the numbers? 

Ok, let’s downplay Kobe’s death and the impact it has on players on the one day the whole league gets to celebrate him in unison.

also, numbers on jerseys don’t matter on an All Star game, FYI.