NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

3 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Unpopular opinion, but that Gilbert Arenas-era set was the best the Bullet/Wizards franchise has ever looked.

They looked awesome, especially in person; the bronze would have translated a lot better to the HD era than it did over murky SD broadcasts. And speaking of, the bronze set was superior to the gold they replaced it with:

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, andregunts said:

Is this a lighting issue or am I going bananas?

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's definitely lighting. Probably from the camera, although the arena could be a factor as well.

But I noticed something, it's not identical but that number font looks similar to the one they are using now (minus the gold edge shadow).

Image result for 2018 detroit pistons

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

But I noticed something, it's not identical but that number font looks similar to the one they are using now (minus the gold edge shadow).

Image result for 2018 detroit pistons

Yep, it was modified slightly in 2001 when the Pistons went back to R/W/B (thank goodness for that) but otherwise it’s the same font, lettering too. It’s a pretty established part of their brand now (seeing as it’s going on 25 years old) so it’s probably not going anywhere anytime soon.

I've found this picture of Mutombo playing with Congo and USA flag on the back of his jersey. Anyone knows what event is?

I can see a Celtic and a Clipper (?) unfocused. It looks like an All-Star Game, but has Mutombo ever played an ASG with rainbow jersey?

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

I've found this picture of Mutombo playing with Congo and USA flag on the back of his jersey. Anyone knows what event is?

I can see a Celtic and a Clipper (?) unfocused. It looks like an All-Star Game, but has Mutombo ever played an ASG with rainbow jersey?

spacer.png

It's this NBA Africa game. Note that the Celtics jersey with "Boston" on the front is too new for the Mutombo-in-Denver era. 

http://ballislife.com/52-year-old-hakeem-olajuwon-brings-out-the-dream-shake-in-nba-africa-game-vucevic-honored-to-be-scored-on/

150801111406-hakeem-olajuwon-dikembe-mut

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 hours ago, andregunts said:

Is this a lighting issue or am I going bananas?

spacer.png

spacer.png

It would be interesting instead of teal/red/yellow replace it with R/W/B. Just to see what it would look like. Kinda feel like White "Home/Association" sets are kinda of pointless. As long as teams come up with unique sets color on color game would be great. Also if black isnt in your palette don't even bother, at this point is gimmicky same with grey/charcoal.

42 minutes ago, bcon_731 said:

It would be interesting instead of teal/red/yellow replace it with R/W/B. Just to see what it would look like. Kinda feel like White "Home/Association" sets are kinda of pointless. As long as teams come up with unique sets color on color game would be great. Also if black isnt in your palette don't even bother, at this point is gimmicky same with grey/charcoal.

I liked the teal. every team in sports is going rwb now 😞

17 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

This.  In all sports! 

I'd love the powder blue and orange look.  Or the black gangsta look. Anything but RWB.

I don't like how the combo of powder blue and orange looks, I'd rather they go with powder blue and red that the sleeved alternate uni used, I think the color scheme looked great:

182550501_10_large.jpg

20 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

They looked awesome, especially in person; the bronze would have translated a lot better to the HD era than it did over murky SD broadcasts. And speaking of, the bronze set was superior to the gold they replaced it with:

I don't hate the MJ/Arenas Wizards look they had apart from that gold alternate, but I absolutely love the (primary) uniforms they have now. 

20 minutes ago, truepg said:

I don't like how the combo of powder blue and orange looks, I'd rather they go with powder blue and red that the sleeved alternate uni used, I think the color scheme looked great:

182550501_10_large.jpg

The sleeves and the Sterling stink ruined this jersey, but objectively it's as pleasant, solid and distinctive as the Clippers have ever looked. I miss it.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, bcon_731 said:

Two of the best Uni Sets of the Decade. 

https://imgur.com/a/F3t1Wdv

https://imgur.com/PtDO1JI

Maybe. Which decade?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived