NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, truepg said:

I'm glad they kept this clown show to minimum in this year's contest.

As great as some of the dunks were it did grow stale that everyone basically jumped over Common, Tacko and whoever else they could pull out of the crowd.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

25 minutes ago, kimball said:

As great as some of the dunks were it did grow stale that everyone basically jumped over Common, Tacko and whoever else they could pull out of the crowd.

I was referring to all the stupid requisite. Granted, had Dwight or Connaughton advanced, we might've not been spared of it.

81a1463c-ec5b-4b93-b2c1-456297f16c76.jpe

4 hours ago, truepg said:

I was referring to all the stupid requisite. Granted, had Dwight or Connaughton advanced, we might've not been spared of it.

Oh, it's all stale and stupid.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, bcon_731 said:

Still surprises me this Knicks uni never had a black set. 

The NBA was against black alternates around that time period. That's why we saw the Hawks in gold, Wizards in just black shorts, etc. And, if I recall correctly the Rockets wanted to add a black alt, but the NBA vetoed it.

kimball banner.png

On 2/16/2020 at 10:59 PM, JELKK said:

For some reason the bucks players wore their statement uniforms. Maybe the city is the default jersey teams are suppost to wear but the bucks got special permission or something.

I assumed it was for one of two reasons: the Bucks updated their statement set this season and they wanted to promote that or because they wanted to be spared the jokes about Cream City, since a lot of the talk (at least on my Twitter timeline) centered around the uniforms the players were wearing. 

8 hours ago, kimball said:

Im gonna say Pat Connaughton is the exception here.  People forget he played baseball too so dunking over Yelich makes obvious sense, and dunking over Giannis makes sense too because 1) teammate, and 2) both Yelich and Giannis are Milwaukee MVPs.

In an interview he said that if he advanced he mightve tried to incorporate either a baseball or Braun/Rodgers (if they were even there).

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

On 2/18/2020 at 6:14 AM, truepg said:

The Dunk Contest has always been about creativity yet when the athletes show creativity and drive the interest back up you don't like it? What? Do you want 2Ball back or something?

I sort of understand, it's flashy, it can be obnoxious in a way, but the human body has limits and we're not getting self proclaimed Pro Dunkers out there, we're getting people running an 82 game season, so they gotta make up for the inability to do 1080 Double Windmill NBA Jam dunks. People just watch All-Star Saturday to have a good time and I'd say they're delivering on that front whether the contests are good or bad, it's still very entertaining and I wouldn't have it any other way.

bSLCtu2.png

On 2/20/2020 at 4:15 AM, Old School Fool said:

The Dunk Contest has always been about creativity yet when the athletes show creativity and drive the interest back up you don't like it? What? Do you want 2Ball back or something?

I sort of understand, it's flashy, it can be obnoxious in a way, but the human body has limits and we're not getting self proclaimed Pro Dunkers out there, we're getting people running an 82 game season, so they gotta make up for the inability to do 1080 Double Windmill NBA Jam dunks. People just watch All-Star Saturday to have a good time and I'd say they're delivering on that front whether the contests are good or bad, it's still very entertaining and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Neither Jordan nor Nique had any of this silly stuff, neither Carter nor Richardson used any 20 years ago, neither Gordon (he understood it and didn't bring out any drones this time around) nor Jones Jr need any, as we saw this year. Those antics don't make the dunks any better.

None of that had brought the interest back up for the Dunk Contest, on the contrary, it was as low as ever and getting ridiculous.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:14 PM, truepg said:

It was stupid not only because it looked stupid, but also because he could not handle this plane, didn't jump over it correctly, caught it and broke it. Anyway let's remind it:

22 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Do you want 2Ball back or something?

I'd like to see Shooting Stars again and Skills Challenge in their first incarnation or if NBA want to stick with tournament mode for SC, put players on a opposing baskets.

4r2eer.png

4 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

The Sixers are wearing their classics tonight against the Nets instead of the Association editions that were listed for this game on locker vision.

Also in that game...one of the Nets players threw the ball to the ref on a play because he's wearing the exact shade of grey as the Nets jerseys and also black pants (like the black tights that the Nets players are wearing). Ooops!

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Also in that game...one of the Nets players threw the ball to the ref on a play because he's wearing the exact shade of grey as the Nets jerseys and also black pants (like the black tights that the Nets players are wearing). Ooops!

I saw the play in question.  I'll give the Nets player the benefit of doubt and say he was expecting his teammate to zig, when he zagged instead.  But, maybe now the NBA needs to come up with an alternate uniform for the refs, like in soccer, so they don't get mixed up.

Archived