NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Froob said:

Disappointing Celtics Lakers aren’t doing tradition. White jerseys are fine but it stinks not seeing the classic color anymore.

I can accept the Lakers wearing white (only) on Sundays, but what the heck are the Celtics doing wearing those Gaelic alternates at Staples Center? Oh, giving them national TV exposure to bump the sales, of course. 

22 minutes ago, truepg said:

I can accept the Lakers wearing white (only) on Sundays, but what the heck are the Celtics doing wearing those Gaelic alternates at Staples Center? Oh, giving them national TV exposure to bump the sales, of course. 

Least they didn’t do the black jerseys (which I actually really like just want to see traditional colors).

4 hours ago, truepg said:

pattern seems to be the bigger and more exposure the game has, home or away... that’s when the Celtics wear those monstrosities. Cringeworthy to see, though they’ve never been as traditional as we’d like to think (the old black lettered alts used to get as much run out as the usual green). At least they’ll still wear the classic greens on a Monday in DC or something.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

13 minutes ago, Pyromania1983 said:
Looks like the Blazers network scoreboard is using the late 90's to mid-2000's primary Pistons Logo. Looks good TBH.

That’s because it was the Blazers’ 2000’s night tonight. They used the old pinwheel as well on both the arena scoreboard and TV score bug. They’ve been using era-appropriate logos on the arena scoreboard and TV score bug for each of their Decade Nights this season, for both the Blazers and the opposing team. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I might be wrong but watching this pelicans vs warriors game I've noticed there's only two colors of paint used on the warriors court. Yellow and blue. That's it from what I've seen and that's including advertisements on the side and their arena name. Everything is just yellow and blue, and wood of course. 

Also just now noticed the warriors got rid of the inside paint lines. Which just looks weird for me. It works for most teams in the league but if there's one team that should keep the inside paint lines it should be the warriors.

IMG-7122.gif

21 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That’s because it was the Blazers’ 2000’s night tonight. They used the old pinwheel as well on both the arena scoreboard and TV score bug. They’ve been using era-appropriate logos on the arena scoreboard and TV score bug for each of their Decade Nights this season, for both the Blazers and the opposing team. 

Thanks for clarifying that. Portland was wearing their 70's throwbacks so it threw me off at first but that makes a lot more sense now.

10 hours ago, Digby said:

pattern seems to be the bigger and more exposure the game has, home or away... that’s when the Celtics wear those monstrosities. Cringeworthy to see, though they’ve never been as traditional as we’d like to think (the old black lettered alts used to get as much run out as the usual green). At least they’ll still wear the classic greens on a Monday in DC or something.

Nah that was only one season that they wore the black letter alts a ton.

4 hours ago, truepg said:

Why?

Mainly because the warriors have always had those inside key lines and their court became an icon in modern basketball. Visually those inside key lines added a balance of blue and sharpness to the very bright yellow. I guess my eyes just got used to their old court.  But idk why it just looks awkward now without the inside lines. Kinda like a big block of cheese now lol. 

It works for other teams because their courts are not all one bright color. Such as the bucks.

IMG-7122.gif

10 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

Looks like the Blazers network scoreboard is using the late 90's to mid-2000's primary Pistons Logo. Looks good TBH.

As a Pistons fan, I wouldn’t mind bringing back some element of the horse identity as a secondary logo. It would beat the various “DP” monograms they’ve been using for the last 15 years. Leave the primary logo and classic home and road jersey alone, though.

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

Mainly because the warriors have always had those inside key lines and their court became an icon in modern basketball. Visually those inside key lines added a balance of blue and sharpness to the very bright yellow. I guess my eyes just got used to their old court.  But idk why it just looks awkward now without the inside lines. Kinda like a big block of cheese now lol. 

It works for other teams because their courts are not all one bright color. Such as the bucks.

But why them, over a team like the Celtics who are just as well known for their parquet floors as they are they rest of their history. Or any other team, I get that it’s jarring to you but so was the first couple floors that they removed them from, to now it being the norm, rather than the exception. 

If there is one thing the NBA did that MLB are pros at it's one-off Throwback Nights. I would have loved to have seen this matchup last night in Portland. I hate these mismatched era throwbacks or throwback vs. modern/alternate jersey.

grant-hill-of-the-detroit-pistons-shoots

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I posted in the wrong thread. But I was going to say, seeing Miami vice blue and the twolves limes on the road is great. Wondering why it took them 3-5 years to Branch out. I guess everything comes full circle and is recycled a touch. 

Of Miami's last 18 road games, they will have worn white just three times, Black 7 times, blue vice 6 times, and red statements twice. That's the type of balance I can live with. 

For minnesota, they will have worn their limes three times all year on the road. I guess I missed their prior games, as I just noticed it the other day. They hadn't worn their limes (according to lv) away from home In years prior. Same with the prince set a year back. But now we see the MSP blue city set on the road about the same amount of times as home, 4 vs 4 I believe. 

The Knicks refuse to wear their best set away from home. Their Navy city editions have gone at least two seasons now where they only wear them at MSG. 

I'm super intrigued by these teams breakdown more than the actual designs. 

The Lakers will have worn yellow (including the city set) 20 times at home. That's just half the time. Unacceptable. 

They will have worn yellow on the road 23 times, to compare. 10 times, their purple. 

Lots of lost identities out there still. But I do see progress. 

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Wondering why it took them 3-5 years to Branch out.

Huh?

This is the third season of Nike uniforms. 

I mean the Heat did "branch out" under adidas with black tie, white hot, and military unis. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, kimball said:

If there is one thing the NBA did that MLB are pros at it's one-off Throwback Nights. I would have loved to have seen this matchup last night in Portland. I hate these mismatched era throwbacks or throwback vs. modern/alternate jersey.

grant-hill-of-the-detroit-pistons-shoots

i'm looking forward to the day Portland brings back the 00's throwbacks. I swore I saw a red prototype of that set. 😢

43 minutes ago, bcon_731 said:

i'm looking forward to the day Portland brings back the 00's throwbacks. I swore I saw a red prototype of that set. 😢

Not to ackshually you...but those are the Blazers' 90s unis (no silver) though they did go a couple years into 2000s. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived