NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

B3-AA7-B1-E-97-AC-4-FB3-9-D6-D-4-AFB80-C 
nice matchup today. Matchups like these look great on the clippers court

why did I even try everyone here just hates the clippers every time I post them. New clippers bad old clippers good black is bad everything old is good I got it folks take ur likes 

IMG-7122.gif

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be fooled.

The Clippers current uniforms/identity are/is a disgrace

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

50 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

Don't be fooled.

They're not that bad. It's not like they're hideous. I mean the colors are simple, the sharp lines on the sides are sleek. It seems more of a rendition of what they've had since around the 2010s and lob city. All they seemed to do was clean up the jerseys a bit a freshen them up with more color.

IMG-7122.gif

39 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

They're not that bad. It's not like they're hideous. I mean the colors are simple, the sharp lines on the sides are sleek. It seems more of a rendition of what they've had since around the 2010s and lob city. All they seemed to do was clean up the jerseys a bit a freshen them up with more color.

The mistake they made was shifting the focus of the identity to black.

Why is ESPN so lazy with the score bug art? Grizzlies and now Jazz. Super disappointed. Some graphics are throwbacks. Most isnt

no Celtics in green? Your home fans one chance to see Celtic green and you get the white.  

rockets and grizzlies was perfection in this new era. 

On 2/25/2020 at 9:33 AM, CherryMX said:

Don't be fooled.

If they eliminated black and replaced it with a red jersey that’d be great. They can have their city jersey but the statement needs to change 

3 hours ago, MattMill said:

Why is ESPN so lazy with the score bug art? Grizzlies and now Jazz. Super disappointed. Some graphics are throwbacks. Most isnt

no Celtics in green? Your home fans one chance to see Celtic green and you get the white.  

rockets and grizzlies was perfection in this new era. 

The Celtics have traditionally worn white at home. If anything that’s what they should be wearing.

On 2/25/2020 at 6:00 PM, mjd77 said:

The mistake they made was shifting the focus of the identity to black.

This too, but the biggest mistake to me was shifting from the script wordmarks that were beautiful. 

On 2/25/2020 at 4:33 PM, CherryMX said:

Don't be fooled.

No question, but I've kinda come to like the rectangle LAC monogram, they didn't have a logo better than that, really.

9 hours ago, dont care said:

The Celtics have traditionally worn white at home. If anything that’s what they should be wearing.

They played in Utah last night actually, I know that wasn't clear from the original post, just clarifying that fact.

The Clippers need to embrace a barber pole, literal haircut branding with some nautical flair.  It would be brilliant, classy, and unconventional. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The script-era Clippers look I liked in a vacuum; the current one is awful, aesthetically speaking. I think the issue I have with both of them is that they are deeply generic feeling, with no particular connection to the community, and given the Clippers' history it also doesn't have the historic equity to stand on its own. It's just like paint-by-numbers basketball team from the background of a TV show. This year's try-hard City jersey is at least an attempt to fix that, though it's got its own issues.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

18 hours ago, truepg said:

It was bothering me a bit, and now it's evident - there wasn't such a prominent teal drop shadow on the original mountain jersey numbers as they made for the throwback.

The drop shadow is the same, it's just different lighting and materials making it look darker and less distinguishable in the first image.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived