NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

On 2/25/2020 at 10:20 AM, pelicanfan said:

They're not that bad. It's not like they're hideous. I mean the colors are simple, the sharp lines on the sides are sleek. It seems more of a rendition of what they've had since around the 2010s and lob city. All they seemed to do was clean up the jerseys a bit a freshen them up with more color.

Freshen them up with more color by ditching most of the red and a lot of the blue in favor of black? Ok...

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Freshen them up with more color by ditching most of the red and a lot of the blue in favor of black? Ok...

usa_today_9972422.1498744987.jpg
--v

1173209385.jpg.0.jpg

i was talking about these right here. There's little to no black in their main two jerseys. You can't tell me these new clippers don't have more color to them no?

edit: left out a word by accident

IMG-7122.gif

36 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

usa_today_9972422.1498744987.jpg
--v

1173209385.jpg.0.jpg

i was talking about these right here. There's little to no black in their main two jerseys. You can't tell me these new clippers have more color to them no?

This was a huge upgrade but that “clippers” don’t is still very ugly, and ruins the whole jersey, same with the blue one. The alts are also garbage so that doesn’t help

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

18 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

This was a huge upgrade but that “clippers” don’t is still very ugly, and ruins the whole jersey, same with the blue one. The alts are also garbage so that doesn’t help

That's like throwing lipstick on a pig though. I get the want to rebrand after the sterling sale, bit they havent really looked decent since like 2000.

Rockets at Celtics primetime tonight on ABC. This should be simple with the Rockets having their 70’s-90’s road set in their arsenal for the first time in 25 years. These two teams met in the finals twice in the 80’s. We’ll probably get HTown vs the Celtics in black or something, though. 
th?id=OIP.1O7g11NEacvosq8oAcgoYgHaLH&pid

3 minutes ago, mmejia said:

Rockets at Celtics primetime tonight on ABC. This should be simple with the Rockets having their 70’s-90’s road set in their arsenal for the first time in 25 years. These two teams met in the finals twice in the 80’s. We’ll probably get HTown vs the Celtics in black or something, though. 

And according to lockervision, that’s exactly it. Statement (bos) v city (Houston)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 2/29/2020 at 9:53 AM, mmejia said:

Still my favorite Rockets jersey.  I prefer it with the NBA logo, though.  I wonder if it would've looked better with the Logoman on the opposite side, though, like with the Miami Heat.

hou.png

On 2/29/2020 at 7:55 PM, Digby said:

I think the Celtics always wear the black jerseys for Saturday home games. But yeah, that's such an underrated classic matchup of the 80s. Too bad.

Black for all weekend games road/home unless there’s a specific reason or they’re wearing cities.

Went to the game Saturday and was disappointed Houston didn’t have their New Jersey’s on, I like em. Throwbacks would have been awesome too.

Wouldn’t mind if Nets tried the Brooklyn Dodgers concept jerseys again as their city next season but do a much better job this time

spacer.png

also, do ABA classic jerseys 

spacer.png

Not sure if this is the right court but it’s sick

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Froob said:

also, do ABA classic jerseys 

spacer.png

Not sure if this is the right court but it’s sick

spacer.png

That's a Chinese knock-off jersey. But, I agree. An ABA throwback WITH matching court would be cool.

05a25fbca1361fe5705e129105fe9529.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

8 hours ago, kimball said:

That's a Chinese knock-off jersey. But, I agree. An ABA throwback WITH matching court would be cool.

Believe me or not this isn't a Chinese knock-off, but an original Champion sh&t: http://archive.nba.com/uk/hardwood_champion.html

IIRC those stuff were only for European market. Here you've got few other examples (look at LAL, it might be a great City jersey): http://championeuropeblogger.com/hardwood-classics/

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Believe me or not this isn't a Chinese knock-off, but an original Champion sh&t: http://archive.nba.com/uk/hardwood_champion.html

IIRC those stuff were only for European market. Here you've got few other examples (look at LAL, it might be a great City jersey): http://championeuropeblogger.com/hardwood-classics/

Gross.

None grosser than this one ...

Hardwood-Classics-Lakers-Jabbar-home.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, kimball said:

Gross.

None grosser than this one ...

Hardwood-Classics-Lakers-Jabbar-home.jpg

An "interesting" take on that jersey. Could be nicer if the name on back was purple with white outlines and larger.

@Froob Feel like every chance the Nets have the opportunity to do something good, they just jerk the wheel the opposite direction. Those statement unis from 17/18 season were nice, especially if they phased them in to their home and road set, but COOGI sweaters were the better choice apparently. 

On 3/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, truepg said:

BTW, the current Lakers' City uni is awful and doesn't do any justice to the Kobe-Shaq era set which was the best they've had. White number AND wordmark doesn't work on a yellow jersey.

Eh, the white number isn’t great. Their current yellow is the best.

Archived