NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, truepg said:

It worked great on the Kobe era jerseys with a purple wordmark. They fixed what wasn't broken.

The previous Lakers set was infinitely better than what they’re using now. What a huge downgrade, IMO; although I suppose it could have been hard to stay in those in light of the Kobe tragedy.

2 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Isn't what the lakers have now the closest thing to what they had during the Magic era? Excluding the statement and city editions of course. I don't see the big deal. It's not old so it's bad?

The only changes I’d make is to make the numbers white on the gold (yellow?) jersey AND REMOVE THE DAMNED BLACK PIPING on the purple jersey.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

3 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

The only changes I’d make is to make the numbers white on the gold (yellow?) jersey AND REMOVE THE DAMNED BLACK PIPING on the purple jersey.

that’s a negative on the white numbers on gold. It should be white numbers on purple without the black piping. It’s literally just a copy of their showtime uniforms. 

1 hour ago, d11king said:

that’s a negative on the white numbers on gold. It should be white numbers on purple without the black piping. It’s literally just a copy of their showtime uniforms. 

I agree with the numbers on the purple. However, I’ll add I prefer the early Forum uniforms...complete with the Showtime striping.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

19 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Isn't what the lakers have now the closest thing to what they had during the Magic era? Excluding the statement and city editions of course. I don't see the big deal. It's not old so it's bad?

No, it's that the Kobe era unis were superior to what they wore during Magic's time to me, and there really was nothing wrong with them.

This might be an unpopular opinoin, but if the Lakers black stripe was limited to the shorts, it might look better and be consistent with the Home and "Sundays" jerseys. (Nike's official uniform name can go f--- themselves)

The Clippers court is so dark and muddy. It makes the stadium look like a basement. They really need to add some color to the whole Clippers presentation.

It's like their uniforms are Dodgers colors, but everything else is the Brooklyn Nets. I don't get it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The old court they used was just fine. There was black, but the paint was red & blue, as it should be. The map on the "apron" (as 2k calls it) of LA can stay, but everything else need more color.

3 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This might be an unpopular opinoin, but if the Lakers black stripe was limited to the shorts, it might look better and be consistent with the Home and "Sundays" jerseys. (Nike's official uniform name can go f--- themselves)

I'm against black on Lakers' primary unis whatsoever, but totally with you on the last statement about Nike.

Also, they could've worn yellow against the Clippers, it's not their home game technically.

2 hours ago, truepg said:

I'm against black on Lakers' primary unis whatsoever, but totally with you on the last statement about Nike.

Also, they could've worn yellow against the Clippers, it's not their home game technically.

we wear white on Sundays, so I’m legit glad they wore white. I’m going to be upset when we start wearing white on the road games coming up as lockervision has projected. That’s more stupid than anything. 

they wore them earlier this year on a B2B against the Jazz (Red Rocks) and Nuggets (black) but these upcoming games are almost unnecessary. 

Lakers have stated they just didn’t want to overuse the yellow because our purple jerseys don’t really contrast well with teams wearing more colors at home. But the purple jerseys being as awful as they are, idc if they wore them every game lol. Which makes me wonder:

what they will do next year for their statement uniforms? Last year we had the purple Magic set, but I’m curious if Nike does something like a gray uniform? My gut tells me they’re going black though

I think the clippers should keep what the court has now except make the key have color in it like they did last season. And a crazy idea I had since last season is maybe make one side of the court have a red key and the other side blue.

IMG-7122.gif

If the current purple Laker jerseys followed the template of the gold/white(not just removing the black stripe, but also matching the shoulder/neck striping format) this would be the best Laker jersey set in my opinion.

Gold numbers on the purple was long overdue.

6 hours ago, colortv said:

If the current purple Laker jerseys followed the template of the gold/white(not just removing the black stripe, but also matching the shoulder/neck striping format) this would be the best Laker jersey set in my opinion.

Gold numbers on the purple was long overdue.

I just now saw the perspective that Nike probably introduced black to help with accessories? Like AD and his black cat suit; if it were purple would it be too much? I think yellow stripes on the purple uniform, (a simple copy&past from Showtime) with colored accessories for the Lakers would be dope, it bums me out they don’t do it anymore. It’s been white and black all year. 

spacer.png

white numbers with the purple uni, yellow shorts panel work is because the size of the white number gives it more pop. (in comparison to black planels and yellow numbers)

spacer.png

I personally think the all purple look is a good look here, but the black is truly unnecessary. This exact look with yellow (shorts only) would do perfectly with white numbers. Yellow panels would make it too much yellow with the number, that’s where white brings the balance and completion. {{this entire look is weird, and jumbled, and muddy. Ew is what it looks like}}

also, I would love to see the Lakers with purple accessories with the gold uni. It looks pretty good too (not sure if white numbers makes the combo pop)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

white socks for balance, purple sleeves

On 3/8/2020 at 1:33 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Clippers court is so dark and muddy. It makes the stadium look like a basement. They really need to add some color to the whole Clippers presentation.

It's like their uniforms are Dodgers colors, but everything else is the Brooklyn Nets. I don't get it.

brooklyn-nets-dodgers-sleeve-jersey.png

609-EC9-D3-D9-E7-4-A24-A363-FBE8-BC09685
yikes 

really don't understand what the warriors were thinking with the city editions. At least the old statement jerseys (what the current city editions are based off of) had yellow blue and white. What they have now just looks like black and grey. And then you have a black and white clippers as the away team. Not a good look on a bright yellow court

IMG-7122.gif

Archived