NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

On 3/26/2020 at 11:24 PM, M4One said:

He's opened to the idea of changing everything, but doesn't actually think they will change the name. If they haven't won anything before the move, I would change the name to get rid of the stink of the Clippers name.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2019/07/29/Franchises/Clippers-Ballmer.aspx

I still like to daydream that they could ease back into the Buffalo/San Diego colors, aided by the orange/black Braves throwback.  Keep the black they're in love with, shift the blue to sky blue, edge the red toward orange and voila.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/29/2020 at 5:49 AM, chakfu said:

I still like to daydream that they could ease back into the Buffalo/San Diego colors, aided by the orange/black Braves throwback.  Keep the black they're in love with, shift the blue to sky blue, edge the red toward orange and voila.

Kind of like a San Diego Gulls look, but for basketball:

San Diego Gulls Defeat Ontario Reign In Shootout - Times of San Diego

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, truepg said:

So, like the 90s-00s Cavs?

The cavs should bring back that light blue in place of black. This look is greatly underused in American sports, and I feel like the cavs could pull it off.

spacer.png

Excellent!

FWIW, the majority of Clippers fans are against a name change. The team's ugly history works both ways. Winning their first championship as the Clippers, with all the baggage that comes with that name, would be way more special and meaningful than winning it as the Stars or whatever other name they'd come up with.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Guys, I have a question: 

If there were one jersey that you wish Nike would revive, which one would it be? 
Edit: nvm submit as much as you like.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Full-scale rebrand, @conrad?

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Nope, but certainly some good stuff coming. 👍

2 hours ago, Krz said:

Green? 

I can only imagine that the City next season, at least from what @Conrad. said on his Twitter about two months ago, is the best one they've ever had.  Dallas really needs to embrace the green as much as possible and ditch the double blues and silver

I have a good feeling they're gonna bring back green considering they've been doing it for their city editions. Curious about if they're gonna change the statement jerseys though since those just came out. (I'm saying all this assuming they're changing the set)

IMG-7122.gif

On 4/1/2020 at 9:19 AM, Krz said:

The cavs should bring back that light blue in place of black. This look is greatly underused in American sports, and I feel like the cavs could pull it off.

spacer.png

The Cavs already have a beautiful and unique-to-the-NBA color scheme they could embrace by simply dropping black (and navy IMO). But they've changed their look enough that I think they could make this beautiful combo work too.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:48 PM, truepg said:

So, like the 90s-00s Cavs?

Pretty much! Hopefully with the black more as a secondary.  The 2nd half of that set wasn't bad! But the Cavs had no less than 2 stronger prior identities.   And this fits the Clippers stronger former identity. (although 4 years of baby blue in San Diego is probably not stronger than nearly 40 of r/w/b in SD and LA. I guess I just like it better and still see r/w/b as a non-identity.)

On 4/1/2020 at 11:13 AM, Blindsay said:

Guys, I have a question: 

If there were one jersey that you wish Nike would revive, which one would it be? 

I'm gonna be selfish here and say I want these infamous jerseys back. They're crazy, colorful, and outlandish. It fits New Orleans. With some slight color tweaking and the Nike template I think these could genuinely look really nice. But then again I'm biased. A lot of the jerseys people want back are some iteration of a current jersey. These right here are one of a kind

darren-collison-of-the-new-orleans-horne

IMG-7122.gif

On 4/1/2020 at 9:13 AM, Blindsay said:

Guys, I have a question: 

new-york-knicks-patrick-ewing-objects-to

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 4/1/2020 at 12:13 PM, Blindsay said:

Guys, I have a question: 

I narrowed it down to three, but you said one twice and underlined it so I'm going to follow the rules.

spacer.png

(my 2 other choices were the blue KG era Timberwolves {since Nike already revived the black version I took this out of the running}, and the original Celtics St. Patrick's Day uniforms {green with gold numbers and striped trim})

Archived