NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

9 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Dallas tho was more iconic 🤣🤣🤣

9-21jerseys7.jpg

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I said that many times, but this uniform wouldn't be bad if they use standard material. I don't know what were they thinking when they decided to use satin.

Man Dallas really had something nice here but the silver shouldn't have looked like Hefty bags.  Had the silver not been satin and some other material, they very well could still be around today.  Too bad they got b*tch smacked in that season opener and were never worn again.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I said that many times, but this uniform wouldn't be bad if they use standard material. I don't know what were they thinking when they decided to use satin.

Some said it resembled trash bags, but I think the have a mylar balloon feel.  It should've worked, but it just didn't for some reason.  I wonder what they could've changed to make satin work.

On 2/12/2020 at 8:58 PM, projectjohn said:

Yep, it was modified slightly in 2001 when the Pistons went back to R/W/B (thank goodness for that) but otherwise it’s the same font, lettering too. It’s a pretty established part of their brand now (seeing as it’s going on 25 years old) so it’s probably not going anywhere anytime soon.

yes! just what the NBA needs! more RWB! You can thank the Wizards, 76ers, Pistons, Nuggets. By 2050 all 32 teams will have some combinations of Red or Blue, probably even both

13 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Man Dallas really had something nice here but the silver shouldn't have looked like Hefty bags.  Had the silver not been satin and some other material, they very well could still be around today.  Too bad they got b*tch smacked in that season opener and were never worn again.

True, this jersey is one of a rare example where swingman looks better than game worn:

dallas-mavericks-michael-finley-nike_1_d

4r2eer.png

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Maybe if navy parts on that template were made from dazzle fabric? And the gray was just normal mesh fabric...kinda like the Pistons did around then:

13195812]&call=url[file:product.chain]

I just realized...Nike switched up the stripe colors!

Detroit Pistons Men's Nike Home Griffin #23 Swingman Jersey ...

39 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I just realized...Nike switched up the stripe colors!

Detroit Pistons Men's Nike Home Griffin #23 Swingman Jersey ...

Yeah that was done in 2017. From a pure aesthetic standpoint it improves the color balance on the front of the jersey, but it does ignore the history of the other way. Doesn’t bother me a Pistons fan, far less egregious than the Lakers adding a black side panel for instance.

6 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Yeah that was done in 2017. From a pure aesthetic standpoint it improves the color balance on the front of the jersey, but it does ignore the history of the other way. Doesn’t bother me a Pistons fan, far less egregious than the Lakers adding a black side panel for instance.

But the Pistons, color-wise, are a red heavy team. Look at their courts over the years. Almost everything is red, except for the paint and lines. They use blue as a primary color, but where ever else they can, the use red. That's what distingused them from other RWB teams, like Phily or DC 

Detroit Pistons (2008 - 2012)   Detroit Pistons (2013 - Pres)

32 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

But the Pistons, color-wise, are a red heavy team. Look at their courts over the years. Almost everything is red, except for the paint and lines. They use blue as a primary color, but where ever else they can, the use red. That's what distingused them from other RWB teams, like Phily or DC 

Detroit Pistons (2008 - 2012)   Detroit Pistons (2013 - Pres)

You’re not wrong about that. I still wish they’d bring back the old red alt they used in the mid 2000s instead of the ridiculous “Chrome” and “Motor City” jerseys they’ve been pushing for the last 10 years. But swapping the stripes on the white jersey is a relatively minor change that doesn’t have a significant impact on the brand, IMO.

17 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I wish Nike gave this jersey the light of day. Sadly, it's the Rockets who never went ahead to redesign based off of this beautiful alternate.

e1cbf-15433588227913-800.jpg

I would have liked a deeper red and an orangier yellow, something they could own a little more:

xwZ1ila.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Hmm.... I dunno why, but I'd like to see the Clippers maybe bring these out of the closet? 

marques-johnson-clippers-archive.jpg
98168839-los-angeles-clippers-marques-jo

There's something about this wordmark that just "works" for me. 

That's the only thing in their identity that matches the name "Clippers". A perfect nautical wordmark, that looks like it's carved out of wood, like a clipper ship.

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

I would have liked a deeper red and an orangier yellow, something they could own a little more:

xwZ1ila.jpg

I disagree. Darkening both colors shifts them closer to mimicking the Cavs than harkening to their own glory days. 

The Chiefs rock red and yellow, there's no reason the Rockets can't pull it off (or the Hawks if they wanted to return to it).

Yeah, I really liked that set a lot. It felt like the Cavaliers had finally arrived at a terminal identity and didn't have to keep changing anymore. I was half-right: they've kept the bones but have tweaked and replaced around it until they left themselves with a big mess. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

20 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, I really liked that set a lot. It felt like the Cavaliers had finally arrived at a terminal identity and didn't have to keep changing anymore. I was half-right: they've kept the bones but have tweaked and replaced around it until they left themselves with a big mess. 

That's basically how I feel about it -- the design in question is too mid-aughts for me to stick with indefinitely, but I don't have a problem with most teams making time-period appropriate tweaks around a core design (as opposed to the pre-LBJ Cavs, whose philosophy was more "nuke everything and start over" every couple years). 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived