NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

1 hour ago, Digby said:

That's basically how I feel about it -- the design in question is too mid-aughts for me to stick with indefinitely, but I don't have a problem with most teams making time-period appropriate tweaks around a core design (as opposed to the pre-LBJ Cavs, whose philosophy was more "nuke everything and start over" every couple years). 

Once they gave up the swooshy scripts and the Vegas gold and the navy blue (except that they didn't give up the navy entirely, which is part of the problem), maybe they should have nuked everything and started over after all. They threw out more than they kept but still kept a little, which is a good way to bake sourdough bread but not such a great way to do sports identities. It should be the other way around.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, truepg said:

larry-hughes-of-the-cleveland-cavaliers-larry-hughes-and-lebron-james-of-the-cle

This set should've never been replaced (the navy alternate being a good third uniform but inferior to these two) and was one of the biggest WTF moments what it was replaced with. Absolutely beautiful.

I LOVED the Navy jerseys from this era. Even the plain unis that followed were solid. But now they look like crap and the forced black makes it even worse.

On 4/7/2020 at 4:48 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

Hmm.... I dunno why, but I'd like to see the Clippers maybe bring these out of the closet? 

marques-johnson-clippers-archive.jpg
98168839-los-angeles-clippers-marques-jo

There's something about this wordmark that just "works" for me. 

I wonder why those shorts fell out of style.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:43 AM, -Akronite- said:

I disagree. Darkening both colors shifts them closer to mimicking the Cavs than harkening to their own glory days. 

The Chiefs rock red and yellow, there's no reason the Rockets can't pull it off (or the Hawks if they wanted to return to it).

But the chiefs similarly have it as a minor accent.  Hawks always emphasized it more, but again still not thar heavily.

On 4/7/2020 at 4:48 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

Hmm.... I dunno why, but I'd like to see the Clippers maybe bring these out of the closet? 

Man they were ahead of their time in designing that font 

IMG-7122.gif

9 hours ago, chakfu said:

But the chiefs similarly have it as a minor accent.  Hawks always emphasized it more, but again still not thar heavily.

That't true, which is why I think the Rockets should improve that jersey design rather than come up with new colors.

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

On first glance I read that as "LIPPERS". If they changed the C to be less big (maybe still larger than the rest of the letters but not *that* big), I'd love it.

I haven't watched much basketball before or around the Showtime era Lakers, but these have got to be the shortest shorts I've seen--even shorter than what Michael Cooper wore.

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's a shame that the Raptors/Grizzlies throwback game didn't get to happen but atleast we can play it on NBA 2K20.

c9F6c4J.png

It's shame that the purple in game is so bright and so unrealistic.

On 4/7/2020 at 5:48 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

Here I thought NBA jerseys of this time period had the league logo as mandatory on one of the tank top straps, but these Clipper pictures suggest otherwise.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

2 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Here I thought NBA jerseys of this time period had the league logo as mandatory on one of the tank top straps, but these Clipper pictures suggest otherwise.

They did starting during the 1986-87 season.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

In WNBA news, Liberty have updated their logo to reflect their move to Brooklyn and transfer from Knicks to Nets ownership:

NEW:

Logo-Feature-185x148.png

OLD:

liberty-primary-logo.svg

Loving the update, but not the shift towards black. The Aces, Sky, and Dream are all shifting towards black, there's a bit too much for my taste.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

In WNBA news, Liberty have updated their logo to reflect their move to Brooklyn and transfer from Knicks to Nets ownership:

NEW:

Logo-Feature-185x148.png

OLD:

liberty-primary-logo.svg

Nice update. The seafoam and black go so nicely together.

I wish they went away from the 90s look a bit more, but I love the black and "liberty green" colorization. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

10 minutes ago, kimball said:

I wish they went away from the 90s look a bit more, but I love the black and "liberty green" colorization. 

It's interesting that many people are describing the color as "seafoam," when it's always been a part of their palette as the weathered copper color of the Statue of Liberty.

rebecca-lobo-of-the-new-york-liberty-pos6cb71f3b-9b62-42c5-ba1c-dd31d73763ec-AP1

If anything, they're simply updating the logo to get rid of the forced Knicks colors and better reflect how their uniforms have always looked.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Alright! To continue this survey during coronavirus. 
WHICH JERSEY(S) DO YOU HATE THE MOST

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived