NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JayMac said:

Of course a franchise in 2020 would bring back their worst look, even if only as an alternate. I completely expect this to happen.

this is what we're going to see more of under Nike's mindset of "gotta do new jerseys every year" 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 5/2/2020 at 6:06 PM, WSU151 said:

Mitchell and Ness with a pretty sweet throwback swingman coming...first time I've seen them offer this jersey:

smjycp19229-mbuwhit88smo_1.jpg

https://www.mitchellandness.com/swingman-jersey-milwaukee-bucks-1988-89-sidney-moncrief-smjycp1

Been waiting for M&N to make this for years, but if they're not going to get it right I'll take a pass. The '89 jerseys were a knit material, not mesh, and the names and numbers were screen printed, rather than sewn (plus the NoB was on a nameplate, not direct-sewn). They got it right when they made the '84 jersey some years back, so it's frustrating to see the lack of effort on this one. 

If I'm spending the equivalent of $400 on a jersey, it needs to be as close to the original as possible. 

58 minutes ago, Discogod said:

Been waiting for M&N to make this for years, but if they're not going to get it right I'll take a pass. The '89 jerseys were a knit material, not mesh, and the names and numbers were screen printed, rather than sewn (plus the NoB was on a nameplate, not direct-sewn). They got it right when they made the '84 jersey some years back, so it's frustrating to see the lack of effort on this one. 

If I'm spending the equivalent of $400 on a jersey, it needs to be as close to the original as possible. 

The Moncrief is a swingman for $130 USD, not an authentic. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The Moncrief is a swingman for $130 USD, not an authentic. 

Is it? There wasn't a price listed when I looked. That makes sense, although for £100 I think I'll still give it a miss and just customize my '86 Sand Knit replica. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2020 at 8:27 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

This was a huge upgrade but that “clippers” don’t is still very ugly, and ruins the whole jersey, same with the blue one. The alts are also garbage so that doesn’t help

I agree 110%!! And I really hope they do something when they move to the new arena in 4 years...

1 hour ago, Krz said:

Mavs are officially wearing their green classic jersey next year for the 40th anniversary. (From their Instagram story).

spacer.png

I still hope they wear the blue or white throwback someday in the future, but the green is still awesome. I’m glad they’re celebrating with it. Hopefully they get a matching court, too.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

7 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Let's hope they actually get the number font correct this time. Last time they wore the green throwback they used the wordmark from 1980-91 and the number font from 91-92 and it looked like :censored:e.

8 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Hawks appreciation thread: of all the beautiful Hawks uniforms, the pinstriped ones may be my favorite. Mix that uniform with the font from the 'Nique era, and that'll be an instant hit. 

How close are the Hawks to wearing every color on the rainbow at this point? They have to have rebranded more than any team in sports over their history.

spacer.png

Archived