kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

1 hour ago, JPDesign said:

For the first few days it’s social justice message above number, names under.

After that, everyone’s name will be under the number. If a player chooses to keep a social justice message above for the remainder of the games, they can.

It's actually the right decision so you easily know if a guy's last name is Peace or not (Jordan Clarkson looks a lot different from his Lakers days and I was confused when I saw him).

One of the ways it feels like 2K is because fans have been replaced by cameras, providing angles we generally don't see during life basketball games. It does lead to a bit of an uncanny valley feel.

I think the new camera angles are cool as heck though. At least some of them. That Celtics/OKC clip is a blast, felt like sitting on the bench or at least in the seats that I can’t afford anyway.

Also looks like they greatly expanded the sideline and baseline, er, lines on the court. I wonder if the original court that was being used in the scrimmages was too minimalist without filled-in paint surrounding the court, confusing the players/refs?

13 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Came here SPECIFICALLY to post this lol. BUT...if they actually sell a jersey like this I’d consider purchasing one. 🤷🏾‍♂️

that’s not a video game? 

36 minutes ago, JoseJames said:

Do you expect that TNT or ESPN or NBA TV adds the Playoffs logo now that they can add it virtually?

seems certainly possible, but it's not like it's a great logo, haha. gone are the days of the creative playoffs and Finals logos.

nba-playoffs-2017_1.png

1999NBAPlayoffs.png2001NBAPlayoffs.png ZxJJu1bcoQHvgqH0ODYWeusAfy6ZPDbd5vxqL4M7

Not sure if this is happening on the national broadcast. But I’m watching Celtics-Bucks on the local broadcast and the digital ads keep getting projected on the Bucks cream jerseys. 😂

They even moved the New Balance sponsor logos to floor space with less traffic in the middle of the game! Guess this is why chroma key is generally done with Nuclear Slime Green and not a very common shade of light wood grain.

13 minutes ago, Digby said:

Not sure if this is happening on the national broadcast. But I’m watching Celtics-Bucks on the local broadcast and the digital ads keep getting projected on the Bucks cream jerseys. 😂

They even moved the New Balance sponsor logos to floor space with less traffic in the middle of the game! Guess this is why chroma key is generally done with Nuclear Slime Green and not a very common shade of light wood grain.

I even saw a couple white guys getting logos superimposed on their skin in some instances, haha. Fun stuff.

On 7/31/2020 at 7:44 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's actually the right decision so you easily know if a guy's last name is Peace or not (Jordan Clarkson looks a lot different from his Lakers days and I was confused when I saw him).

He did before the hiatus, don't really like his current look

On 7/31/2020 at 8:44 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's actually the right decision so you easily know if a guy's last name is Peace or not

If only Metta World Peace was still playing. Then his jersey could say PEACE WORLD PEACE

Looks like you can choose between a civil rights phrase or your name, but not neither. Jimmy Butler started the game without a nameplate at all but the refs made him change. 

6 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

If only Metta World Peace was still playing. Then his jersey could say PEACE WORLD PEACE

World Peace Peace 

Edit: never mind.  It's a little late...

I was thinking World Peace was one of the allowed phrases...

The NBA has now added surnames to the back of the jerseys under the number. So the players that chose to keep the social justice sayings have clusterf--k of a design mess on the back. I knew this was going to happen, but it doesn't look good. I'll have to see if I can get a screenshot. 

I was wondering about that when the Lakers already had it going. Don’t really see the need.

And, from my understanding that even if a player doesn't use a social justice saying the name will still be under the number like we've been with LeBron, AD, etc.

22 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

"VOTE MILLSAP" is kind of funny

On the other hand, thought this was kind of...regrettable. Only Dame can use this one!

EeYYKTwXYAIPxlK?format=jpg&name=900x900