NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50200192351_5ffab837e4_b.jpg

Prior to the restart, the Memphis whites placed name below number. And that persists, and the messages arch above number. Figured it would wind up this way, but there was room for doubt. Would have found out sooner but for the Grizz opting light blue or throwback turquoise where before the bubble, the names on those were positioned above number.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

3 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

This might be the conspiracy part of my brain talking but I can’t help thinking that the adding of the name below the number is a prelude to another ad placement. 

Shut your mouth.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The Grizz and Raptors will finally have their 90's throwback night (Per ESPN)

(https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbareturn29618525/nba-campus-intel-schedule-live-updates-day-10)

"Both teams will be wearing their classic uniforms for this game: Toronto in its original dino jerseys and Memphis with its teal Vancouver jerseys."

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

😟

That's a nice mockup, but sssshhhhh.

Always thought basketball jerseys looked better with the name below number, anyway. Seems to work in G-League and WNBA (and those handful of classics that did it). But not if it means an ad up top.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 8/8/2020 at 1:52 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The Grizz and Raptors will finally have their 90's throwback night (Per ESPN)

(https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbareturn29618525/nba-campus-intel-schedule-live-updates-day-10)

"Both teams will be wearing their classic uniforms for this game: Toronto in its original dino jerseys and Memphis with its teal Vancouver jerseys."

spacer.png

Even though I'm not a fan of opposing teams wearing the same colors, I liked the black/white of Nets/Clippers because I like black.  I know I'm all about colors, but I like black/grey for some things.

That Grizzlies color is awesome.  The score bug also had a great combo of teal and purple for the Raptors.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The score bug also had a great combo of teal and purple for the Raptors.

On Fox yes, on TSN Raptors had purple with retro logo but Grizzlies had their standard navy with current logo scoreboard.

4r2eer.png

9 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

How did the NOB’s look like on those Canadian retroes?

w640xh480_GettyImages-1227979779.jpg?ts=

1564153b-c126-4bbc-9be4-1704cbbbc0b3-AP2

GettyImages-1264869835_620x350_177389779

Clarke-Raptors.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 8/10/2020 at 7:56 AM, pepis21 said:

On Fox yes, on TSN Raptors had purple with retro logo but Grizzlies had their standard navy with current logo scoreboard.

That's kind of a disappointment.  I mean, I get that the Grizzlies are no longer in Canada, but this retro matchup is about as close to an intra-Canadian-looking NBA matchup that we've ever seen or ever will see in the foreseeable future.  You would think that the Canadian broadcast would go all-in with Vancouver Grizzlies graphics to match the retro jerseys being worn and give the broadcast an all-Canada retro NBA feel.

Archived