NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird that they will wear it throughout the Playoffs but I understand why considering it will be 8/24 and this opportunity for an NBA game to take place on that specific day is something that should be taken advantage of. As a Lakers fan, it makes me very happy to see but I don't know what the hell to think if they win the Finals wearing it.

bSLCtu2.png

Been wondering if/when some of these teams might start just rotating through the "City" jerseys every couple of seasons. Like Miami's used up all the logical color combinations for the Vice series, so maybe they reset and go back to the original Vice jerseys next year? Maybe that's a decent compromise between the merchandisers' needs for variety and alternate merchandising lines with the simple fact that there aren't enough good ideas to do this yearly.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

Been wondering if/when some of these teams might start just rotating through the "City" jerseys every couple of seasons. Like Miami's used up all the logical color combinations for the Vice series, so maybe they reset and go back to the original Vice jerseys next year? Maybe that's a decent compromise between the merchandisers' needs for variety and alternate merchandising lines with the simple fact that there aren't enough good ideas to do this yearly.

Or they use another design with the Vice colors...the Floridians' stripes in Vice colors would probably sell pretty easily. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

33 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Or they use another design with the Vice colors...the Floridians' stripes in Vice colors would probably sell pretty easily. 

Yea plenty of designs to choose from, even the current template for the heat could be done in vice colors.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I'd love to see the white vice again, those are my favorite.  But yea that's the best approach.  Unless it's a clear new direction (like the Floridians), too many different ideas will get more silly than it already is.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Every Possible 2020 NBA Finals Matchup Remaining

August 17, 2020 - 19:10 PM

The 2020 NBA Finals tips off this afternoon with four games from the bubble in Orlando. Can the Raptors repeat without Kawhi? Can Lebron bring a championship back to L.A.? Is this the year Giannis finally takes the Bucks to the final round? Yes, there are plenty of questions with

Read More...

Lakers to Wear Special Uniform on August 24, Likely Kobe Tribute

August 17, 2020 - 21:11 PM

The Los Angeles Lakers will wear a special, yet to be announced, uniform on August 24th for Game Four of their first-round playoff series against the Portland Trail Blazers. Yes, that’s August 24th, otherwise expressed as “8/24”. Hmmmm. A report began circulating yesterday, originating in the Los Angeles Times, that

Read More...

8 hours ago, JoseJames said:

HABEMUS Playoffs logos on the floor

And the one on the front base of the basket, it's now on the side

logos-2020.png

Are they digital or a sticker?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

8 hours ago, kimball said:

Are they digital or a sticker?

Def digital, because in the Sixers game yesterday i saw the logo projected on top of a couple players in the broadcast.

Also, haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but it was unfortunate to see the 'TD' logo projected where the Celtics main logo should have been during their game yesterday. I thought those spots on both sides of the center line were immune from company ads, but i guess not. ugh.

10 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

https://news.nike.com/news/kobe-5-protro-lineup-mamba-week-2020-official-images-release-date

Nike on 24.08 is going to re-release 2017 LAL City jersey and Lakers got a game that day (Coincidence? I don't think so) so I'm 99% sure they will wearing 2017 City uni back again.

It’s already been reported that they will be wearing it, from that date through out the playoffs

15 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s already been reported that they will be wearing it, from that date through out the playoffs

Will it be throughout the playoffs or rotationally mixed in?

14 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I noticed that after posting. I wonder if they going to wear yellow accessories, but I guess they go with black.

Yellow accessories according to locker vision.

Archived