NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything it looks like it'll be full generic for the finals, with real tactile ads in the way of where the digital ones were.

Painting just the baselines looks a bit strange to me. Though the bubble has taught me that I don't like unpainted sidelines/baselines in general, so that's better than nothing.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

NBA Reveals Court Design for 2020 NBA Finals

September 29, 2020 - 14:21 PM

The NBA today unveiled the court design they’ll be using throughout the 2020 NBA Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat. Since every game is being played on the same court regardless of which team is the home team a neutral, universal design will be used and it

Read More...

I do really appreciate how the Heat have AFAIK always worn their usual uniforms instead of wearing the Vice set in the playoffs. Have fun with alternate stuff, but when the playoffs start, they know what their identity is, and it's one that they've now gone to 6 finals with.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

28 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Leaving the sidelines unpainted suggests to me that those areas will still be used for digital ads. The reason those ads aren’t painted on the floor like Walt Disney World is because they change depending on who’s the home team.

Probably; but the Walt Disney World ads and the YouTube TV tagline (sorta) take up space that had been used by team-specific graphics earlier. So it seems reasonable that the league itself might be taking over all or some of the team-sold ads.

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

What ever happened to the 22 court idea? I thought disney and the nba were going to deploy their vast resources to make sure every home team got to play on their court inside the bubble? Talk about a disappointing development.

That was never more than an idea, was it? Like did anyone actually report that that was happening?

We've seen teams' courts that were shipped in use as practice courts in the practice spaces they carved out of hotel ballrooms, which always made more sense.

Presumed uni matchups are up on Lockervision. https://lockervision.nba.com/

Miami keeping with only black or white; black for their "home" games as well as game 1, white for the other three "away" games.

Lakers are all over the place. Yellow as normal for game 1, as well as the "away" game 5. White for 3 and 6, which in fairness are Sundays. Mamba jerseys for 2 and a presumed 7. Only one runout for the purple, though maybe that's for the best.

If you ask me, any good faith intent/heartwarming inspiration for bringing back the Mamba jerseys has kinda gone out the window with them just becoming a typical, arbitrary piece of the uni rotation.

51 minutes ago, Digby said:

Presumed uni matchups are up on Lockervision. https://lockervision.nba.com/

Miami keeping with only black or white; black for their "home" games as well as game 1, white for the other three "away" games.

Lakers are all over the place. Yellow as normal for game 1, as well as the "away" game 5. White for 3 and 6, which in fairness are Sundays. Mamba jerseys for 2 and a presumed 7. Only one runout for the purple, though maybe that's for the best.

If you ask me, any good faith intent/heartwarming inspiration for bringing back the Mamba jerseys has kinda gone out the window with them just becoming a typical, arbitrary piece of the uni rotation.

So basically, they'll dress themselves correctly for Game 1, and then it will be an ugly sh!tshow for the rest of the NBA Finals.  Yes, this sounds like what the NBA has turned into, so I am not surprised. 

Honestly I am a bit shocked that they even managed to force one game in there where the teams will be dressed correctly.

7 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The Lakers should replace one of the white jersey games, and the purple jersey game with their gold uniforms. 

I do not understand why they’ll wear their best, and most iconic, uniform just twice. 

Because the whites were originally for Sunday (home games) only. Personally I think Sunday Lakers road games should be in an alternate.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Archived