NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

4 hours ago, Digby said:

Welp, glad we spilled all those pixels on the Lakers switching to the black jerseys.

Ej8FSafWkAAcZ-Z?format=jpg&name=large

Yep, glad to see the Heat with the clamps on what was everyone having had already handed out the trophy and rings before the game and the subsequent jersey switching.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sayahh said:

He designed it himself.  I'm sure he thought that it would represents or associate with his image somehow.  Also, as others have mentioned, he wore the Hollywood Nights jersey.

When I see the FloJo designed Pacers jersey, I think of Reggie Miller and FloJo, even if she never wore yellow or blue in her track career. 

With all due respect, I already addressed all those points earlier, telling why it doesn't work for me.

As far as I know, FloJo wasn't associated with the Indiana Pacers look other than that uniform. Even playing in those horrible current purple unis reminds me of Kobe more.

If the Lakers win the NBA title, it will end the curse of the Miami Heat. I don't want the Heat to win another NBA title.

I also do predict that the Pacers would win the NBA title next season.

3 hours ago, Coltfan said:

If the Lakers win the NBA title, it will end the curse of the Miami Heat. I don't want the Heat to win another NBA title.

What curse? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Stinks Heat aren’t wearing red this post season. A red vs yellow matchup would have been fun.

I hope the Lakers fix up their unis and make the purple match the rest of the set. Have white be only a rare occurrence or Sunday’s only.

5 hours ago, Coltfan said:

Weird flex but ok

3 minutes ago, Digby said:

Did the Lakers ever wear the Sunday whites in the playoffs during the Kobe years, or is that also a first of this current run?

IIRC they were in white for the Courtney Lee missed layup game. 

Glad the Lakers won in white. I don’t know if it’s the only one I like better than Shaq/Kobe version, but this is their best current look

07Giants.pngnyy.png

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The Lakers wore white in Game 1 of the 2004 Finals:

spacer.png

In 2004, the Tampa Bay Lightning won and the Lakers lost.  Glad history didn't repeat itself in 2020.

8 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Glad the Lakers won in white. I don’t know if it’s the only one I like better than Shaq/Kobe version, but this is their best current look

I have no problem with them wearing and winning in white, especially since it was a Sunday.  But I do have a problem with them wearing and winning in white on the road.

1 hour ago, SCL said:

Today I learned Gary Payton played in the Finals for the Lakers.

Huh. That's kind of interesting. One of the reasons the 2004 Pistons title is so celebrated is because it came against the Lakers' ringer crew of Shaq, Kobe, GP and Karl Malone.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

I have no problem with them wearing and winning in white, especially since it was a Sunday.  But I do have a problem with them wearing and winning in white on the road.

They were technically the road team, but geographically they were always going to be the road team playing in the bubble.  Still miles better than the purple monstrosity. 

6 hours ago, sayahh said:

They were technically the road team, but geographically they were always going to be the road team playing in the bubble.  Still miles better than the purple monstrosity. 

If they were going to even bother with specifying home/road team designations for each of the Finals games (which they did), then teams should wear home jerseys at home and road jerseys on the road, especially in literally the most important games of the season.  It doesn't matter how ugly or not ugly the purple jerseys are (that is an entirely separate issue and discussion).  It is a matter of wearing the correct jerseys based on home and away designations.  I don't think there was ever really a problem with following these basic simple rules until the past couple of years.

19 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

If they were going to even bother with specifying home/road team designations for each of the Finals games (which they did), then teams should wear home jerseys at home and road jerseys on the road, especially in literally the most important games of the season.  It doesn't matter how ugly or not ugly the purple jerseys are (that is an entirely separate issue and discussion).  It is a matter of wearing the correct jerseys based on home and away designations.  I don't think there was ever really a problem with following these basic simple rules until the past couple of years.

Agreed!! I think it sets a unique memory on that year. Knowing right away in 06 that the heat were at Dallas because they were wearing their road alternates. Knowing the Celtics in 08/09 were at home because they wore white. I enjoy being able to look back and have it make sense.

28 minutes ago, Kg54mvp said:

Agreed!! I think it sets a unique memory on that year. Knowing right away in 06 that the heat were at Dallas because they were wearing their road alternates. Knowing the Celtics in 08/09 were at home because they wore white. I enjoy being able to look back and have it make sense.

Exactly this. I never could articulate what it is about concrete home/road designations that appeals to me outside of “it’s tradition”, but this right here is it.

There’s really something about looking at past historical moments and being able to quickly identify where it all happened based on the uniforms worn. I understand that there may be exceptions with regards to neutral sites (Super Bowl, NCAA tournaments/bowls, the bubbles), but - generally speaking - there’s really something enjoyable about, say, looking at pictures of Dikembe celebrating the upset over the Sonics in ‘93 wearing navy and remembering, “oh right! They did that on the road!” Or remembering Iverson stepping over Lue happened in LA because of the respective uniform colors.

It’s not that you’ve never known where it happened, it’s just nice that in regards to historical moments, uniforms - depending on the sport, of course - served for years as a functional identifier of locale (especially when other identifiers, like the court/field or stadium architecture, aren’t clearly identifiable within the framing of said photos or footage).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived