NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

7 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Ugh reminds me of...spacer.png

(side note this is the first uniform the mavs will wear that dirk hasn’t worn)

He didn't wear the 1-year original 1980-81 blue roads, the 1-year 1991-92 green roads or the original home unis, did he?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, the admiral said:

...with some Subway/Helvetica-inspired design (net as in basketball net but also net...work...of...railroads?)

You just reminded me how much I miss this baseline.spacer.png

While the Dr. J jerseys were cool, it really just represents a couple of good years in a minor league almost 50 years ago, hardly the stuff of legend. For the most part the R/W/B scheme represents years of irrelevance, and being the forgotten stepchild of New York basketball, and maybe the whole NBA. The B/W combo is a great fit with the current Brooklyn, and saying that they haven’t made any memories with it is a bit silly when they’ve worn it for less than a decade. It’s already the color scheme of when Kyrie and Durant joined them, which is probably a top10 franchise moment. The main uniforms have a classical basketball uniform style, the and the color scheme is unique in the big 4, while also being a nice fit for the location. The thing that’s reaaalllly holding them back is the uninspiring logos. The B is just not good, it would be like the Celtics using the C in their wordmark as their primary logo. Make a black and white Brooklyn bridge inspired logo, go back to the subway tiles on the court, and it could become one of the strongest modern brands

07Giants.pngnyy.png

21 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

I am so surprised at how many people love the coogie jerseys. As a Net fan, I think they are ok. Fine for an alternate. But I would have liked something different this year. In no way should they make that their full time look. 

This is my favorite jersey since the move to Brooklyn. 

spacer.png

It would be cool to see them embrace this style. It gives me vibes of that old Nike ad with KD.

31f28e125888cc94e6decc3cdeea6225.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

The Mavs are such a dull franchise. Dull colors. Dull logo. Dull uniforms.

They have great players, but look so boring.

They had a perfect look and threw it away. Why?

FF_294298_xl.jpg&w=400

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

Bland. they should bring the green back. spacer.png

I hate how they got this wrong. Blah.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I don't know if this is unpopular, but the Maverick green and blue look isn't good either. Nothing about those colors screams "Dallas" or "Mavericks" to me, in fact the two sort of clash to me. The logos and uniforms were also equally uninspired. The Mavericks would really benefit from something fresh to match their young roster. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I don't agree. The Wizards' and Capitals' uniforms from that era were very '90s, but the color scheme itself is a classy-looking combination based on the presidential seal. It's a lot more inspired than the generic red, white and blue.

Well, anything red, white, and blue is “inspired” by the U.S. flag. What makes something blue and bronze *more* inspired than something red, white, and blue? Isn’t it equally inspired, just by a more obscure piece of federal imagery?

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, that was quite clever, not sure why they got away from it.

The very first identity I drew up when we worked on that project had a tile wordmark. What a shame no one thought that was a good idea back then.

Sports design is full of missed opportunities. 🙃

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived