NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

45 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

These look like the original Timberwolves uniforms. They look great though.

1 hour ago, jrodsep said:

spacer.png

For comparisons sake:

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it’s been stated why, but, with all that’s happened in OKC and the upcoming Tank Season down there, this logo can burn now. It has no reason to exist:

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

This would make sense as white jerseys are no longer being worn at home on a constant basis in the NBA now. The NBA should just ditch this flexible ruling and make it like the NHL where color is at home for good, none of this half way crap.

No way. I like to switch up the jersey I see at the games. And I try and wear the one my team is wearing. 

9 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I personally think something along these lines would be a good look for the Mavs.

cNaZU9F.pngC2WMAlf.png

I find the "Mavericks" wordmark almost unreadable. Both seem overly stylized.

6 hours ago, M4One said:

For those who care, LeBron can't change to number 6 until next season because Nike said no due to how much it would cost them.

Another example that NBA now stands for Nike Basketball Association. 

14 minutes ago, El Scorcho said:

Wait didn't LeBron give up 23 for Davis?

Why did LeBron change then? Was it just to make 50,000,000 jerseys obsolete or what?

Exactly why LeBron isn’t changing numbers, Nike won’t let him because they’d take too big of a loss on the current LeBron #23 inventory. Nike controls how teams dress, and now they’re telling players what numbers they can or cannot wear. Welcome to the Nike Basketball Association 

8 hours ago, M4One said:

For those who care, LeBron can't change to number 6 until next season because Nike said no due to how much it would cost them.

The deadline for players two change their numbers is March 15th, so they were past the deadline to change it. It’s in this yahoo article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sources-anthony-davis-getting-le-brons-no-23-on-hold-233907363.html

58 minutes ago, Jgreiner said:

The deadline for players two change their numbers is March 15th, so they were past the deadline to change it. It’s in this yahoo article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sources-anthony-davis-getting-le-brons-no-23-on-hold-233907363.html

Honestly, I think it just applies to stars that significant jersey inventory. There has been a number of players switching numbers last minute this off season.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

12 minutes ago, kimball said:

Honestly, I think it just applies to stars that significant jersey inventory. There has been a number of players switching numbers last minute this off season.

Yea probably right. Majority of those guys you’re speaking of don’t have jeserys produced in the amount others do. It’s supposedly in the tens of millions of $$ it would cost Nike.

14 hours ago, simtek34 said:

I know it’s been stated why, but, with all that’s happened in OKC and the upcoming Tank Season down there, this logo can burn now. It has no reason to exist:

spacer.png

I still don't get the appeal of this horrible clipart filler.

But if the team's still using it, enough customers must be buying the merch. If the merch is being bought, someone must think this logo is worth spending money on.

The only part where I cannot connect the dots together is the fact that I've never heard anyone say anything positive about the logo. If someone has anything nice to say about the logo, I respect opinions that are different from mine. But I really would love to know why some people think this logo is great and why there's never been a need to change it since it's inception 11-ish years ago.

After all, this logo survived for an entire decade and will probably survive the next one too.

2 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Nike controls how teams dress, and now they’re telling players what numbers they can or cannot wear. Welcome to the Nike Basketball Association 

The first part of this is not true. And uniform numbers are handled this way in the NFL, too (see Chad Johnson/Ochocinco). It makes sense given the large amount of inventory remaining. 

1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Don’t hate on me but, the okc logo has kinda grown on me.

Could it be better? Definitely

I just like how the colors work together

They need a new logo definitely. But I will agree that they got something going with their choice color scheme. Change the logo, keep the colors.

The colors makes me think of 90s Pistons, but in a good way.

I do think it's better to have a logo that represents a brand, any brand, with something that symbolises either the region, the team name, or a combination of both.

Archived