NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

I think it makes a huge difference when designers show some TLC while assembling together a new brand. Preferably, it's better when the reception is rather positive from the viewers. The Sabres at the time got fed up of the all the heat and did away with the Slug. But it is case by case.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

The first part of this is not true. And uniform numbers are handled this way in the NFL, too (see Chad Johnson/Ochocinco). It makes sense given the large amount of inventory remaining. 

The first part is true.  Nike comes up with the schedule for all of the teams to follow.  https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-nike-controls-uniforms-teams-wear/

27 minutes ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

While looking at Thunder jerseys i may have come across a new Statement jersey. granted, this is a bootleg site. what’s weird about it is i saw this same jersey a few pages back. 

https://www.nbaprojersey.shop/shai-gilgeous-alexander-orange-statement-thunder-jersey-p7756

http://news.sportslogos.net/2019/06/25/new-uniform-leaks-for-oklahoma-city-thunder/

also, @simtek34, you're absolutely right. as a Pistons fan, it kills me how they keep on avoiding a red jersey. might not have to wait much longer, tho :wink2: but at the same time, don't get your hopes up that it will be an awesome jersey, sadly

4 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I still don't get the appeal of this horrible clipart filler.

But if the team's still using it, enough customers must be buying the merch. If the merch is being bought, someone must think this logo is worth spending money on.

The only part where I cannot connect the dots together is the fact that I've never heard anyone say anything positive about the logo. If someone has anything nice to say about the logo, I respect opinions that are different from mine. But I really would love to know why some people think this logo is great and why there's never been a need to change it since it's inception 11-ish years ago.

After all, this logo survived for an entire decade and will probably survive the next one too.

The logo is verrrrrrrrry pedestrian, but I do love OKC’s colors — the double blue looks really good next to the orange and gold, IMO.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

38 minutes ago, kimball said:

The logo is verrrrrrrrry pedestrian, but I do love OKC’s colors — the double blue looks really good next to the orange and gold, IMO.

I'm in agreement with everyone who responded here that the colors are nice.

I have yet to hear a single person anywhere tho, explain how it's a good logo and their reasons why. Not even the designers themselves. I'm waiting...

tenor.gif?itemid=5178946

2 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I'm in agreement with everyone who responded here that the colors are nice.

I have yet to hear a single person anywhere tho, explain how it's a good logo and their reasons why. Not even the designers themselves. I'm waiting...

tenor.gif?itemid=5178946

I’m 100% with you. 

The colors are great, but the logo sucks ... and honestly, Thunder doesn’t really work with the colors either. The whole reason why they went with the colors was to mimic a Oklahoma sunset. I don’t visually think of sunset colors when I think of Thunder.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

23 minutes ago, kimball said:

I’m 100% with you. 

The colors are great, but the logo sucks ... and honestly, Thunder doesn’t really work with the colors either. The whole reason why they went with the colors was to mimic a Oklahoma sunset. I don’t visually think of sunset colors when I think of Thunder.

I think powder blue, navy, and yellow used in specific amounts has the potential to work with the theme of Thunder or a storm theme in general. Orange/red might be better as an accent color. They've nailed some of their alt designs, so I see the potential. Just a matter of putting the pieces together maybe... :)

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2019/06/25/new-uniform-leaks-for-oklahoma-city-thunder/

also, @simtek34, you're absolutely right. as a Pistons fan, it kills me how they keep on avoiding a red jersey. might not have to wait much longer, tho :wink2: but at the same time, don't get your hopes up that it will be an awesome jersey, sadly

Hopefully it does well enough that they might mothball the gray and bring the old red back as the statement.

3 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Can somebody please explain why the Pistons insist on wearing Black and Grey Uniforms rather than wearing red?

spacer.png

Because merchandising.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

8 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I still don't get the appeal of this horrible clipart filler.

But if the team's still using it, enough customers must be buying the merch. If the merch is being bought, someone must think this logo is worth spending money on.

The only part where I cannot connect the dots together is the fact that I've never heard anyone say anything positive about the logo. If someone has anything nice to say about the logo, I respect opinions that are different from mine. But I really would love to know why some people think this logo is great and why there's never been a need to change it since it's inception 11-ish years ago.

After all, this logo survived for an entire decade and will probably survive the next one too.

It was meant to be a stand in logo until they came up with a real logo after the name was chosen. The name was chosen late but the team almost instantly became good so people bought the merchandise and changing the logo in the middle of all that success wouldn’t have been good. Now since they are rebuilding from nothing I suspect a change will be happening soon.

The double blue and orange can look really good, it’s the uniforms and look that ruin it. The name is pretty lame too, too bad it’s stuck, unless maybe a record long losing period is following their first ten years of greatness *crosses fingers* 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The thing that really sucks about the Wolves uniforms is that it would be a perfect update for the Mavericks. Instead the Mavericks will probably either ditch the double blue that was part of their most successful period or fail to incorporate the green they started with because for some reason someone in Minnesota thought board shorts and co-opting the Mavericks color was a good idea

07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 7/12/2019 at 7:24 PM, jrodsep said:

When ever I think of better uniforms for the Mavs I think of this concept. Cuban just make the check payable to Conrad Burry @Conrad.

spacer.png

It reminds me of a Duke jersey set if you take away the green.  I love it.

Archived