NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

The Bayhawks are becoming the Skyhawks.

Well funny story....The Bayhawks are moving and becoming the Skyhawks, which is correct.

However, the Pelicans G-League team will become another incarnation of the Erie Bayhawks next season and then move the team to Birmingham, Alabama in 2022. 

Poor Bayhawks... They have a great identity and they keep getting moved. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

7 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Well funny story....The Bayhawks are moving and becoming the Skyhawks, which is correct.

However, the Pelicans G-League team will become another incarnation of the Erie Bayhawks next season and then move the team to Birmingham, Alabama in 2022. 

Poor Bayhawks... They have a great identity and they keep getting moved. 

So that’s 3 different Erie Bayhawks franchises, affiliated to all different teams. All in the past 5 years. Nice

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Are we getting a bunch of new Statement jerseys next year? For some reason, I remember the plan discussed during the Nike unveiling was new City jerseys every year, Statements every other year, and no formal replacement plan for Association/Icon. But I can’t find anything about that now. Am I completely misremembering? 

3 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Are we getting a bunch of new Statement jerseys next year? For some reason, I remember the plan discussed during the Nike unveiling was new City jerseys every year, Statements every other year, and no formal replacement plan for Association/Icon. But I can’t find anything about that now. Am I completely misremembering? 

I recall this as well, as much as I hope that it's not really the plan.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

47 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

14(!) new ones next season. Can't say more than that, tho. 🙊

Call me a homer, but it’s going to be a shame to see Utah’s City and Earned Edition jerseys go (unless the City somehow becomes the Statement jerseys and the Earned becomes the City). Those two are probably my personal favorites in the Jazz’s current sets (off-brandedness of the City Editions notwithstanding).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

3 hours ago, jdthrillinger said:

Conrad- can you tell us how many teams will wear Classic throwback jerseys next year? I am hoping for the Wolves to wear their original set in either blue or white to commemorate their 30th anniversary as a franchise 

The Wolves are officially celebrating 30 seasons this year...so I highly doubt they'll do a 30th anniversary year next year. It's usually one or the other.  The black late-90s unis were the ones chosen to celebrate 30 years. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

10 hours ago, Digby said:

I recall this as well, as much as I hope that it's not really the plan.

9 hours ago, Conrad. said:

14(!) new ones next season. Can't say more than that, tho. 🙊

I remember hearing this too and it made me decide to get a white Embiid jersey over the Red one.

Hopefully the Sixers aren't one of the 14.

8 hours ago, Conrad. said:

14 teams are changing their Statement uniform to a new design different from their current Statement uniform.

So the whole “teams will change their statement jersey every 2 years” thing that Nike said when the switchover occurred was more of a suggestion than a mandate?

Well, I heard that Nike is leaning towards changing uniforms every quarter of every game.😁 Seriously, and I knew these post were going to start, the " oh I hope they're not getting rid of that uniform or I really liked that look, too bad it only stayed around a year or two". I miss the days of teams having identities and uniforms that were "tough".

spacer.pngspacer.png

4 hours ago, joekono said:

Well, I heard that Nike is leaning towards changing uniforms every quarter of every game.😁 Seriously, and I knew these post were going to start, the " oh I hope they're not getting rid of that uniform or I really liked that look, too bad it only stayed around a year or two". I miss the days of teams having identities and uniforms that were "tough".

spacer.pngspacer.png

Jesus jerseys ripped under adidas too, some it looked like they would just fall apart while grabbing a rebound. And shoes blow out all the time, that just made news because it was the next super star player in the biggest game of the year that isn’t March madness. Also zions shoe blew out because the PG2.5 is meant for smaller players and he wore them out as well. 

Archived