kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

9 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

I agree with all three, but I'd also throw in:

(4) Cleveland

(5) Orlando

(6) Memphis

Who has the single worst icon/association uniform in the league? To me it's one of these teams. 

What’s wrong with the Magic? Yeah, the throwbacks look better (although if they came back full time they need a better number font), and the blue “icon” that is being replaced looks better than the black “statement” replacing it, but I think that the current uniforms look fine. IMO it’s our second best look after the originals, and there are many things the current look does better.

19 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

What’s wrong with the Magic? Yeah, the throwbacks look better (although if they came back full time they need a better number font), and the blue “icon” that is being replaced looks better than the black “statement” replacing it, but I think that the current uniforms look fine. IMO it’s our second best look after the originals, and there are many things the current look does better.

IMO, the Magic set (at least the home and away and statement) were one of the most improved by the transition to the Nike template.

50 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

9️⃣

Also, that Lakers stuff from the AD pic has nothing to do with what they're wearing next season. Someone messed up royally and just didn't dress him properly. Obviously not a Lakers or NBA fan, lol.

Nice nice. 

@Conrad.OK now I wanna guess the classic's and last one I promise lol...

Blazers

Sixers

Mavs

Clippers

Grizz

Bucks

3 hours ago, NunsDupreAllDay said:

@Conrad. I'd like to throw my hat in the ring guessing the 14 teams changing statement uniforms for the 2019-20 season. 

Knicks
Magic
Mavs
Dubs
Pistons
Nets
Blazers
Sixers
Suns
Kings
Wizards
Cavs
Spurs
Pelicans

How'd I do??

As a pelicans fan I’d confidently say that I’d take the pelicans out the list since those are a huge fan favorite down here. They’ve been used over the navy jerseys in all the new photo shoots. I’ve noticed pelicans marketing seems to be a lot towards the red now so I’d say it’s safe to say those statement reds won’t change but who knows

22 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

As a pelicans fan I’d confidently say that I’d take the pelicans out the list since those are a huge fan favorite down here. They’ve been used over the navy jerseys in all the new photo shoots. I’ve noticed pelicans marketing seems to be a lot towards the red now so I’d say it’s safe to say those statement reds won’t change but who knows

So that's precisely why I had them on the list acually. My line of thinking was that since they love the red statement's so much, they would make those the icon's, scratch the blue, and get a total new statement.

White - Association

Red - Icon

NEW - Statement

Mardi Gras shirt - City

On 7/16/2019 at 12:30 AM, The Golden One said:

Court in warriors new arena...

spacer.png

Wonder how Oakland based fans, who are already mad about the move. Will like that the far base line says “San Francisco” on it.  

*agree below with dont care. My original post done while half awake, might have been confusing.

Are they doing courtside seats plus five rows of premium seats? They're going to make a billion dollars a game. :censored:ing Warriors.

I plan on never being able to afford a game there. 

It sucks that Anthony Davis picture is just an error. The classic drop shadow would be way better.

All the Lakers need to do is fix the shade of yellow and fix the damn purple jersey. That's all I want man.

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

I plan on never being able to afford a game there. 

I can barely afford to look at photos of the place. 

5 hours ago, projectjohn said:

IMO, the Magic set (at least the home and away and statement) were one of the most improved by the transition to the Nike template.

I think they definitely cleaned up a few details that created overall improvement. I think I loved the 90's pinstripe uniforms so much that part of me looks at the current set and instantly thinks the design will never be as good as the inaugural version. I almost wish they'd drop the stripes or embrace the galaxy motif.🤷‍♂️

spacer.png

spacer.pngSorry for the hot takes. 

That galaxy jersey was a top five City jersey that year. It's just too bad Orlando is a bottom five team so no one cares.

13 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

D_s-lk8UIAA4Ssw?format=jpg&name=large

Any chance these comeback this year??! 🙏

No, never, I am a pistons fan who regularly tries to attend games, and I can’t tell you how upset I’d be to walk into the arena and see them wearing these. The Pistons, the bad boys, the goin’ to work squad are red, white, and blue. I know people complain and say there are too many RWB teams in the league, well they can change, the pistons are one of the NBAs oldest franchises starting in 1941, in Fort Wayne, before the NBA was a league. One of the best things I have seen on Twitter was when Ben wallace said how ugly those uniforms were and he wore them. https://mobile.twitter.com/fear_dafro/status/981236543926030337

I also want to add that Pistons players have been seen wearing them in the offseason or hanging around the facility wearing these the past few years. I’m sure they are Mitchell and ness shorts that the team has and the players take.

15 hours ago, NunsDupreAllDay said:

So that's precisely why I had them on the list acually. My line of thinking was that since they love the red statement's so much, they would make those the icon's, scratch the blue, and get a total new statement.

White - Association

Red - Icon

NEW - Statement

Mardi Gras shirt - City

That’s makes sense. I would wonder what color the statements would be if they ditched navy jerseys. Or would they make a new navy one? 

12 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

That’s makes sense. I would wonder what color the statements would be if they ditched navy jerseys. Or would they make a new navy one? 

I could see a blue version of last year's Earned Jerseys.

36 minutes ago, kimball said:

I could see a blue version of last year's Earned Jerseys.

So could I. That would look good actually.

Does anyone know if the Blazers are getting new Statements? I've been trying to dissect all of the info @Conrad. has given us haha. 

I love their current statements(maybe my favorite in the league) and I REALLY hope they aren't ditching them already. 

I will never understand the love for the galaxy uniforms here. Aside from the grey sleeved uniform and “stars” uniform from a few years back, they’re easily the worst in Magic history. They’re hideous, and I really hope that the orange rumors are true just so the galaxy theme goes away forever.