NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I will never understand the love for the galaxy uniforms here. Aside from the grey sleeved uniform and “stars” uniform from a few years back, they’re easily the worst in Magic history. They’re hideous, and I really hope that the orange rumors are true just so the galaxy theme goes away forever.

The magic unis are top 5, and definitely the best in their short history, at worst second best. I’m surprised you liked the pajama like grey uniforms, they were disgusting.

Edit, the galaxy is dumb but the main home and away are really nice

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I think they’re nice but slightly overrated. Mainly because from a distance you really can’t see any of the galaxy design that much. Which made last season’s city editions pointless in terms of the use of galaxy (putting it on just the sides)

IMG-7122.gif

15 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It sucks that Anthony Davis picture is just an error. The classic drop shadow would be way better.

All the Lakers need to do is fix the shade of yellow and fix the damn purple jersey. That's all I want man.

So their summer league jerseys this year looked to be the true Laker gold/yellow. It's crazy how the true authentics are banana yellow. Atleast the authentics appear that way. It could all be the Vegas lighting. They definitely didn't seem as obvious. 

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I will never understand the love for the galaxy uniforms here. Aside from the grey sleeved uniform and “stars” uniform from a few years back, they’re easily the worst in Magic history. They’re hideous, and I really hope that the orange rumors are true just so the galaxy theme goes away forever.

I don't either. They seem like the base of a cheapass shirt you'd get on the Clearance rack at Walmart.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The magic unis are top 5, and definitely the best in their short history, at worst second best. I’m surprised you liked the pajama like grey uniforms, they were disgusting.

Edit, the galaxy is dumb but the main home and away are really nice

I said that they (galaxy) were third worst in our history, behind the grey and "stars". I hated the grey jerseys, although the general idea can be salvaged IMO.

ExJworW.png

7 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

The Pistons, the bad boys, the goin’ to work squad are red, white, and blue. I know people complain and say there are too many RWB teams in the league, well they can change, the pistons are one of the NBAs oldest franchises starting in 1941, in Fort Wayne, before the NBA was a league. One of the best things I have seen on Twitter was when Ben wallace said how ugly those uniforms were and he wore them. https://mobile.twitter.com/fear_dafro/status/981236543926030337

Well said. The classic home and away jerseys are as good as ever. I don't think those will be changing any time soon - if they were going to do so, 2017 would have been the logical time to do it with the change to Nike and the move to a new arena. All that happened then was the new logo (a good one IMO) and the reversal of the blue and red stripes on the side panels on the home jersey. Other than that, they've essentially been the same for nearly 20 years at this point.

The downside is that their alternates have been a hot mess since the red one was discontinued in 2008. I'll never understand their continued insistence on navy, gray, and black; and the damn "Motor City" thing has been beat into the ground. Overall, a few tweaks and their identity would be perfection for me as a Pistons fan. Now, if only their basketball operations management could ever regain some competency..

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Agreed. Wouldn't be surprised to see it in 2020/21. Sadly, don't have info that far enough ahead (yet!).

spacer.pngI wouldn't be surprised if we saw them in the next few seasons. 

Hey @Conrad., are there supposed to be 8 or 10 Hardwood Classic Uniforms in 2019-20? 

So so we have the Rockets, Kings, and and Grizzlies, and we know the Lakers won’t.

My guesses:

Blazers

Mavericks

Jazz

Raptors

76ers

Bulls

Warriors (They’ve had one the last 2 years)

How many of these are right?

da0Lbhs.png

I know I said this annoyingly a BUNCH of times already but I reallllyyy hope these come especially when the pelicans got 10 new guys this off season. With three of them who’s gonna be HUGE sellers (Lonzo, Ingram, Zion) (And two international players who have a country fanbase). But... I don’t think the pelicans value those hornets jerseys as much as I do.

IMG-7122.gif

1 hour ago, NunsDupreAllDay said:

I wonder if they'll actually wear the "Vancouver" or switch it to "Memphis."

Ditch the PNW/First Nations-inspired motif because it's not appropriate for Memphis, but, otherwise, this look is a hell of a lot more interesting than what the Grizzlies currently wear, by no small distance.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I actually liked the Magic's sleeved jersey.... I always thought it'd have looked better without the sleeves, but it was a nice design:
spacer.png

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived