NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

9 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I actually liked the Magic's sleeved jersey.... I always thought it'd have looked better without the sleeves, but it was a nice design:
spacer.png

Get rid of the sleeves and change the collar and side panels to what we currently have with Nike. It goes from terrible to “okay, I guess”.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that gray one kinda-sorta worked because it lets the Magic royal blue stand out as the dominant color on the uniform. Typically the amount of black they use muddies the entire thing, even on the current stock home whites. That worked for the classic 90s Magic jerseys but I don't think it does the current look many favors.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I know I said this annoyingly a BUNCH of times already but I reallllyyy hope these come especially when the pelicans got 10 new guys this off season. With three of them who’s gonna be HUGE sellers (Lonzo, Ingram, Zion) (And two international players who have a country fanbase). But... I don’t think the pelicans value those hornets jerseys as much as I do.

That New Orleans jersey was perfect, all they really needed to do was recolor in the blue, red and gold. Though I wished they went with Saints' colors of black and gold.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, kimball said:

That New Orleans jersey was perfect, all they really needed to do was recolor in the blue, red and gold. Though I wished they went with Saints' colors of black and gold.

The original pelicans uniform set was boring af

11 minutes ago, smarisca03 said:

The original pelicans uniform set was boring af

The Pelicans or the Hornets uniform? I'm talking about the Hornets' jersey from 2008. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 minutes ago, dont care said:

The current pelican uniform is the original pelican uniform...

No they’ve changed the font on the front since it’s induction. The pelicans franchise also dates back to when the original Charlotte Hornets relocated there so there can be some confusion to which uniform was the original.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

52 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

No they’ve changed the font on the front since it’s induction. The pelicans franchise also dates back to when the original Charlotte Hornets relocated there so there can be some confusion to which uniform was the original.

This is what happens when you mess with the sports time continuum. 

kimball banner.png

18 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I know I said this annoyingly a BUNCH of times already but I reallllyyy hope these come especially when the pelicans got 10 new guys this off season. With three of them who’s gonna be HUGE sellers (Lonzo, Ingram, Zion) (And two international players who have a country fanbase). But... I don’t think the pelicans value those hornets jerseys as much as I do.

I actually liked the prior non-pinstripe set they had much better.

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I was looking at the Nets page on the mothership and I saw this alternate logo that just got added. I've never seen it before.

8167_brooklyn_nets-secondary-2019.gif

I did a reverse image search for this and sportslogos.net is the only result.

Not sure if either of these have been posted.

And I'm not sure why this jersey has the classic drop shadow:

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I was looking at the Nets page on the mothership and I saw this alternate logo that just got added. I've never seen it before.

8167_brooklyn_nets-secondary-2019.gif

Hmmmmm. On last season's City Edition jerseys, the Net's had Bed-Stuy in the same font above the jock-tag. Bedford-Stuyvesant is the neighborhood in Brooklyn where Biggie was born, and he'd name drop it in his lyrics pretty often. I wonder if we'll see that Brooklyn version above some different jock-tags maybe? Perhaps different neighborhoods for different City Editions?spacer.png

11 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

Hmmmmm. On last season's City Edition jerseys, the Net's had Bed-Stuy in the same font above the jock-tag. Bedford-Stuyvesant is the neighborhood in Brooklyn where Biggie was born, and he'd name drop it in his lyrics pretty often. I wonder if we'll see that Brooklyn version above some different jock-tags maybe? Perhaps different neighborhoods for different City Editions?

That's a good observation but Conrad has me thinking it's probably the wordmark of the new Statement uniform because we already know there will be a white coogi City uniform. It's important to remember that nearly every team is getting a new Statement uniform this year except the Lakers who are likely keeping their crappy purple jersey because it was just introduced last year.

bSLCtu2.png

13 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

That's a good observation but Conrad has me thinking it's probably the wordmark of the new Statement uniform because we already know there will be a white coogi City uniform. It's important to remember that nearly every team is getting a new Statement uniform this year except the Lakers who are likely keeping their crappy purple jersey because it was just introduced last year.

I completely forgot about that. I'm anxious to see what each team rolls out. Also, it's a shame that we have to endure another year of that purple/black mess. 

Archived