kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

@Conrad. any chance the hawks will still roll out the blue throwbacks? The fans really embraced them.

All Classic Edition uniforms are only worn for one season, sadly. I loved the Hawks ones this past season. Maybe you can get one on sale now, lol.

5 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The money, of course.

Hah that is a good point. I thought that jersey was shut down late last season because Nets didn’t have the rights to associate with Biggie. Guess they worked that out?

13 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

True. Apparently a lot of people in the subreddit probably don’t know that. But then again another guy today said there was going to be a court change so who knows

Well and Reddit’s reputation precedes itself. I doubt there will be a change in the color of blue. If anything, I would imagine a secondary Mardi Gras court. Something they should be doing anyways IMO.

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Well and Reddit’s reputation precedes itself. I doubt there will be a change in the color of blue. If anything, I would imagine a secondary Mardi Gras court. Something they should be doing anyways IMO.

Definitely. It’s a shame how the pelicans don’t really market their Mardi Gras jerseys at all. For a huge holiday that only the pelicans wear for I would expect more.

here it is fellas. I don’t like that the new court is all yellow with an empty center logo. And then San Francisco on the right just doesn’t feel right.

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

here it is fellas. I don’t like that the new court is all yellow with an empty center logo. And then San Francisco on the right just doesn’t feel right.

Here is a comparison from the last one.

42639548231_1479f1df36_z.jpg 

My takes ...

1. Don’t mind the center court logo.
  2. I hate the non matching baselines.
  3. I would rather have San Francisco on both baselines and then full worded logo at center court if they’re insistent on having San Francisco on the court.
  4. It needs more blue somewhere ... UNLESS ... they wear more gold at home. 

2 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Is "Golden" bigger than "State Warriors" or is that just an optical illusion?

2 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

2 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Is "Golden" bigger than "State Warriors" or is that just an optical illusion?

Probably an illusion but that spacing between the second "R" and the "I" is still seriously bugging the crap out of me.

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

Probably an illusion but that spacing between the second "R" and the "I" is still seriously bugging the crap out of me.

Same. The spacing between the C and I in San Francisco is even worse.

10 hours ago, Conrad. said:

All Classic Edition uniforms are only worn for one season, sadly. I loved the Hawks ones this past season. Maybe you can get one on sale now, lol.

Hey @Conrad. I won't ask you to say anything too revealing,  but a lot of Hawks fans(myself as well)  love the design of the city uniforms last year.  Could that template be used beyond last season?  They're too good to be scrapped. 

^ I've seen teams get another color to the city editions, probably or hopefully they'll  return in red or granite,

9 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Hey @Conrad. I won't ask you to say anything too revealing,  but a lot of Hawks fans(myself as well)  love the design of the city uniforms last year.  Could that template be used beyond last season?  They're too good to be scrapped. 

Can't confirm for sure, but from what I've seen, it's not looking promising that we'll see that template next season. As you might have seen on my twitter, I'm a big fan of the template as well! 😉

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:56 PM, projectjohn said:

Well said. The classic home and away jerseys are as good as ever. I don't think those will be changing any time soon - if they were going to do so, 2017 would have been the logical time to do it with the change to Nike and the move to a new arena. All that happened then was the new logo (a good one IMO) and the reversal of the blue and red stripes on the side panels on the home jersey. Other than that, they've essentially been the same for nearly 20 years at this point.

The downside is that their alternates have been a hot mess since the red one was discontinued in 2008. I'll never understand their continued insistence on navy, gray, and black; and the damn "Motor City" thing has been beat into the ground. Overall, a few tweaks and their identity would be perfection for me as a Pistons fan. Now, if only their basketball operations management could ever regain some competency..

I couldn't agree with you more on everything, especially the basketball operations side. The alternates have been terrible. I want them to reintroduce the red badly, I would also love if the brought back the lightning bolt throwback or even had a bad boys throwback.

Peruse the Chicago Bulls twitter feed. The last couple of days they are polling fans on favorite throwback jerseys. 

Could this mean they are getting throwbacks this year, or perhaps already planning ahead for 2020-21?

@Conrad.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:52 PM, Old School Fool said:

That's a good observation but Conrad has me thinking it's probably the wordmark of the new Statement uniform because we already know there will be a white coogi City uniform. It's important to remember that nearly every team is getting a new Statement uniform this year except the Lakers who are likely keeping their crappy purple jersey because it was just introduced last year.

just want to follow up on this: is that true? specifically, with the nets, is last year's statement (BKLYN) jersey gone? they're selling fanatics fastbreak replicas with kyrie and KD that says 2019/20 statement jersey. i don't trust fanatics to be right about anything, so just want to confirm (i may or may not be in the market for a couple new jerseys) 

55 minutes ago, NunsDupreAllDay said:

Peruse the Chicago Bulls twitter feed. The last couple of days they are polling fans on favorite throwback jerseys. 

Could this mean they are getting throwbacks this year, or perhaps already planning ahead for 2020-21?

@Conrad.

Not the former...

also, @Brian E, that's not an accurate phrase that you highlighted. only about half of the league will be getting new Statement uniforms. and yes, never trust Fanatics, haha.

20 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Not the former...

also, @Brian E, that's not an accurate phrase that you highlighted. only about half of the league will be getting new Statement uniforms. and yes, never trust Fanatics, haha.

thanks, brother! i'll hold off on those KD and kyrie purchases then!