NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

7 hours ago, dont care said:

Jesus jerseys ripped under adidas too, some it looked like they would just fall apart while grabbing a rebound. And shoes blow out all the time, that just made news because it was the next super star player in the biggest game of the year that isn’t March madness. Also zions shoe blew out because the PG2.5 is meant for smaller players and he wore them out as well. 

Zions blowout was all on him and none of it was Nike’s fault. The really “blew” it out of the water. That whole thing was an overreaction. I hate to say it but I won’t be surprised when the 280 pound line backer years his ACL bc he jumps like he’s Gerald Green

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, dont care said:

Jesus jerseys ripped under adidas too, some it looked like they would just fall apart while grabbing a rebound. And shoes blow out all the time, that just made news because it was the next super star player in the biggest game of the year that isn’t March madness. Also zions shoe blew out because the PG2.5 is meant for smaller players and he wore them out as well. 

Really? Because when I Google " Adidas basketball jersey ripping pics" every search points you to a "Nike jersey ripping" link(which is really strange that a search would totally bring up another competing company in the links). Oh, but there is one that did have an Adidas jersey actually rip and that's when Lebron ripped off the sleeves. You're right on the Zion thing and it being a big deal because he will go No. 1  but you can also search NBA ripped or blown out sneakers pics(no brand put in) and NIKE seems to show up on many other "regular players". Just sayin, I would not jump with a Nike bungee cord.

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Zions blowout was all on him and none of it was Nike’s fault. The really “blew” it out of the water. That whole thing was an overreaction. I hate to say it but I won’t be surprised when the 280 pound line backer years his ACL bc he jumps like he’s Gerald Green

Shaq wore SHAQ brand shoes for most of his career. You're telling me this isn't on Nike in the slightest? 

Most gruesome injuries happen to skinny guards or small forwards. Paul george. Hayward. Skinny dude on Texas a&m. Non contact runs by quarterbacks in the NFL etc.  He may be predisposed to some strains because of his lack in Of flexibility. But seeing as how he was injured on a non jump, odds are players will get injured in the strangest ways. 

I don't think weight alone is a factor in injuries. Genetics or bad luck mostly. 

4 hours ago, MattMill said:

Shaq wore SHAQ brand shoes for most of his career. You're telling me this isn't on Nike in the slightest? 

Most gruesome injuries happen to skinny guards or small forwards. Paul george. Hayward. Skinny dude on Texas a&m. Non contact runs by quarterbacks in the NFL etc.  He may be predisposed to some strains because of his lack in Of flexibility. But seeing as how he was injured on a non jump, odds are players will get injured in the strangest ways. 

I don't think weight alone is a factor in injuries. Genetics or bad luck mostly. 

Shaq’s shoes also had more support and were less minimalistic than really anything from today. A PG2.5 isn’t designed for a guy as big as Zion and the moves he makes.

19 hours ago, dont care said:

Shaq’s shoes also had more support and were less minimalistic than really anything from today. A PG2.5 isn’t designed for a guy as big as Zion and the moves he makes.

This is another reason it’s not Nikes fault at all

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

This is another reason it’s not Nikes fault at all

Zion wearing the wrong shoes isn’t Nike’s fault, if he wore lebrons, or hyperdunks, or even kyries that are built more for players like him a blowout like that wouldn’t have happened. PG2.5 are built more more guards and guys who don’t do a lot of lateral movement. Everything is going to have its benefits and costs, but when it comes to basketball shoes athletes need to pick shoes that match their playing style.

Are the Knicks retiring their current road/icon uniform for next season in favor of a different look? The team has worn their blue icon uniform only once since the start of the new year, electing to go with their home/association uniforms or their city and statement alternate uniforms in games they'd usually wear the icon uniform. Seems rather suspicious for the complete abandonment of these uniforms for over 2 months. Could a full uniform redesign be coming into play soon? Just curious what y'all think?

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

9 minutes ago, mattr1198 said:

Are the Knicks retiring their current road/icon uniform for next season in favor of a different look? The team has worn their blue icon uniform only once since the start of the new year, electing to go with their home/association uniforms or their city and statement alternate uniforms in games they'd usually wear the icon uniform. Seems rather suspicious for the complete abandonment of these uniforms for over 2 months. Could a full uniform redesign be coming into play soon? Just curious what y'all think?

Not likely, Nike and nba make their uni schedule at the beginning of the year and they are just now playing in their newest jerseys to encourage sales. Most teams do this to some degree now.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:00 PM, dont care said:

On 3/3/2019 at 2:32 PM, dont care said:

Zion wearing the wrong shoes isn’t Nike’s fault, if he wore lebrons, or hyperdunks, or even kyries that are built more for players like him a blowout like that wouldn’t have happened. PG2.5 are built more more guards and guys who don’t do a lot of lateral movement. Everything is going to have its benefits and costs, but when it comes to basketball shoes athletes need to pick shoes that match their playing style.

My dude, you sound absolutely preposterous here. The PG2.5 is built for guards and for people who don’t do a lot of lateral movement?

Paul George is a forward, is taller than Zion (though probably 50 pounds lighter), and is the league’s best defender, meaning he has elite lateral movement skills.

And yet, that’s somehow not even the biggest head scratcher. You think Zion would be better off in a pair of Kyries? The same Kyrie who actually *is* a guard, probably tops out at 6’3” and 185, and whose positional skillset and biomechanics bear absolutely no resemblance to the way Zion plays basketball?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

My dude, you sound absolutely preposterous here. The PG2.5 is built for guards and for people who don’t do a lot of lateral movement?

Paul George is a forward, is taller than Zion (though probably 50 pounds lighter), and is the league’s best defender, meaning he has elite lateral movement skills.

And yet, that’s somehow not even the biggest head scratcher. You think Zion would be better off in a pair of Kyries? The same Kyrie who actually *is* a guard, probably tops out at 6’3” and 185, and whose positional skillset and biomechanics bear absolutely no resemblance to the way Zion plays basketball?

Kylie is a guard, but has shoes with a lot more support built into them. If you haven’t worn and played in both shoes you can’t connent on how each one performs and functions.

(off topic)

I'm not sure if Nike's basketball shoe line is as customized by position as it used to be. Back in the day, the Flight line was for guards and swingmen; the Force line was for bigs. Force shoes tended to be sturdier and heavier, with more cushioning (e.g., Max Air). Flight shoes were lighter with thinner midsoles, and used the thinner-profile of Zoom Air as a result. Air Jordans were (once) built more like Flight shoes. And, if you looked at which players wore which shoes, it more or less lined up (especially once you moved away from the signature endorsers). A Carlos Boozer-type would wear something with more cushioning; a Terrell Brandon would wear a lighter, "Flight"-style shoes. 

Adidas had similar breakdown for a little while between big man shoes and guard shoes during the T-Mac/Dwight Howard era; I forget the terminology they used at the time to distinguish between the two lines. 

I'm not sure when that changed, but it certainly has. Now, you'll see centers wearing low-top Kobes with minimal cushioning. Some of that might be due to the modern game's greater emphasis on mobility. Cushioning tech has improved; I hardly see any professional players wearing shoes with visible Max Air anymore. So, a Zion-type (who would normally be better suited to wear LeBron or KD's relatively bulky, well-cushioned shoe) wouldn't see any issue wearing a shoe designed for a PG or Kyrie.

1 hour ago, keynote said:

(off topic)

Adidas had similar breakdown for a little while between big man shoes and guard shoes during the T-Mac/Dwight Howard era; I forget the terminology they used at the time to distinguish between the two lines. 

Ah; found it. Adidas had the Creator line (for guards) and the Commander line (for bigs) in the early 2010s.

2 hours ago, keynote said:

So, a Zion-type (who would normally be better suited to wear LeBron or KD's relatively bulky, well-cushioned shoe) wouldn't see any issue wearing a shoe designed for a PG or Kyrie.

Until now?

6 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Paul George is 6’9 and 220, significantly smaller than Zion. Also, “the leagues best defender” is a huge overstatement, imo, he’s behind at least three to four people, Kawhi, Miles Tuner (Maybe), Butler, or Embiid. I think he’s having a very good season, but overall I don’t think he’s “the leagues best” but that’s off topic. 

Zion isn’t  comparative to George completely, I’d say closer to Lebron is, whos (yes while shorter) is 6’8 and 250ish, and plays much more like Zion. Put him in the same shoe that broke and you’d get a similar result

3YCQJRO.png

32 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Until now?

Meh, I suppose, if you take a single data point as evidence of a broader trend and/or overall risk profile. It's not like you see other bigs who wear the PG2.5 tearing shoes left and right. 

It's possible that Zion is such a freak that he applies stresses to a shoe heretofore never experienced previously in the history of sneakerdom, and should only wear shoes designed to his freakish specifications going forward. Some have theorized that he wasn't wearing a new pair, and his shoes had degraded over time. Or, he just caught a bad break and wore a defective shoe. Who knows?

as someone who wears and loves the last two lebrons models (15 and 16), i've never worn a basketball shoe with that combination of sturdiness while still being relatively light. they're pretty incredible shoes and definitely feel like they were built for lebron's playing style.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:12 AM, dont care said:

Have there been documented cases of Adidas jerseys ripping in-game, though?

Archived