NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably unpopular around these parts, but even tho the Rockets jerseys aren’t what most of us wanted, I still really like them.

They look a lot better on Russ than on the jersey release. The black fits in well on the primary. Would have preferred yellow returning but this is nice.

Wish they reverted back to the original black jersey because the collar and arm pits are weird on the Nike one but digging Houston right now.

Rapper memorial jerseys are dumb. Just like the prince memorial jersey was dumb.  If they’re gonna make jerseys about people they should represent people that have done something to the game of basketball. The Kobe jersey, while frustrating bad. Was better than the prince jersey by far. I’d go on to say the prince jersey was one of the worst in nba history. 

Give me regular alts. It isn’t that hard. They don’t need to be thoughtful or deep or anything. Just recolor the home or away. Simple

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

38 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Give me regular alts. It isn’t that hard. They don’t need to be thoughtful or deep or anything. Just recolor the home or away. Simple

At the very least, “City” jerseys shouldn’t be used so often. The Pistons used their dreadful Oakland Raiders homage set 30 times last season!

On 7/27/2019 at 4:13 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Rapper memorial jerseys are dumb. Just like the Prince memorial jersey was dumb.  If they’re gonna make jerseys about people they should represent people that have done something to the game of basketball. The Kobe jersey, while frustrating bad. Was better than the Prince jersey by far. I’d go on to say the Prince jersey was one of the worst in nba history.  

Ekhm:

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Chris Heck (all things Brand for the Sixers) said on twitter that the Philadelphia navy blue jerseys with the bell crack are NOT in fact uniforms for the upcoming season

I wonder why. Maybe they saw the criticism and wanted to change it? Maybe they worked on a jersey 2+ years in advance? Maybe it was a prototype?

IMG-7122.gif

14 hours ago, Conrad. said:

As only us uniform weirdos can do, I cringe every time I see a jersey swap of KD or Kyrie in one of the black Coogi unis, because I know they'll never wear that on the court. Same goes for many jersey swaps I see of the many players switching teams this offseason. 🤷‍♂️

That’s one of my biggest pet peeves. 

I quickly recreated the Golden State Warriors’ jerseys for my Ohio State site following D’Angelo Russell’s trade, but made sure to make a note that he’ll never wear that set (and will update as soon as the new ones drop). Same with Mike Conley and the Utah Jazz’s City set. 

8 minutes ago, RealRaptorsTalk said:

oD0Y711.png

Ewww.

3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I wonder why. Maybe they saw the criticism and wanted to change it? Maybe they worked on a jersey 2+ years in advance? Maybe it was a prototype?

That's not how sports branding works. If that blue Liberty Bell uniform was legitimate? They'd have warehouses full of that jersey ready to ship. They're not going to trash all of that merchandise just because a few people said means things on the internet. 

1 hour ago, RealRaptorsTalk said:

oD0Y711.png

I'm assuming this a 2K leak, which makes sense, given the game is about a week and a half out.

That said, right idea, wrong execution. Throwbacks are the way to go, but not with the awful OVO garbage they've been giving us.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Throwback jerseys? Yes. OVO jerseys? Yes. Both of them combined? NO.

i mean. If we pretend like the throwbacks never existed I’d say those are decent. It’s just that you can’t just make a city edition jersey that’s based off a jersey that already existed. You can take some inspiration like what the nuggets did. But these are just ripping off the original ones. The original ones were meant to be flashy with that wordmark and stripes. Getting rid of that 90s flash and basically replacing the colors and keeping the design just doesn’t work.

IMG-7122.gif

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Stop posting fake NBA 2K20 leaks. Check the official NBA 2K20 Twitter first and if it's not there then don't post about it.

Yeah, I was going to say that I feel like I've seen those concepts floating around for years. 

Archived