NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

19 hours ago, RealRaptorsTalk said:

oD0Y711.png

It wasn't long ago that the Cavs were mocked for their faux-back uniforms, and rightfully so. They made cool fan jerseys but didn't belong on the court and helped usher in this era of muddled identities and looks of the week.

I don't dislike this look, but now the Raptors are gonna become a black and gold team? Oh Nike...

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

I don't dislike this look, but now the Raptors are gonna become a black and gold team? Oh Nike...

Raptors have had a black and gold alternate before...Drake's colors and all...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, BShaw20 said:

If it’s fake, can someone please delete it?

Why? So somebody else can post it a couple pages from now?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I actually don't mind this at all. Only real issues are that the current number font doesn't go with their '90s identity at all - and, of course, the old-school '90s color scheme would look nicer than the OVO colors.

Well thankfully it's not real ;) 

On 7/27/2019 at 7:13 AM, BellaSpurs said:

Rapper memorial jerseys are dumb. Just like the prince memorial jersey was dumb.  If they’re gonna make jerseys about people they should represent people that have done something to the game of basketball. The Kobe jersey, while frustrating bad. Was better than the prince jersey by far. I’d go on to say the prince jersey was one of the worst in nba history.

You don't think there's an important relationship between hip-hop and basketball?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

You don't think there's an important relationship between hip-hop and basketball?

Just because there is a relationship between hip-hop and basketball doesn’t mean teams should use rappers in a cynical cash grab by preying on the sentimentality of fans without benefitting the “honored” party in any way.

Maybe if the Nets donated a percentage of the jersey sales to initiatives against gun violence or something to benefit the community, that would be something, but the way it is now, it doesn’t feel like the teams are being genuine to me.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

58 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

Just because there is a relationship between hip-hop and basketball doesn’t mean teams should use rappers in a cynical cash grab by preying on the sentimentality of fans without benefitting the “honored” party in any way.

Maybe if the Nets donated a percentage of the jersey sales to initiatives against gun violence or something to benefit the community, that would be something, but the way it is now, it doesn’t feel like the teams are being genuine to me.

Pro sports is a cynical cash grab though.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

All 30 NBA teams revenue share their merchandise sales, so something like that wouldn't be possible. The closest you could get would be a set donation to a charity.

I like what the Thunder did, in that they're funding free admission days to the OKC Memorial periodically throughout the season. Nice way to support an actual cause in lieu of a straight profit-donation option.

Steve Ballmer is worth $52 billion.

What does he need to sell arena naming rights for?

Archived